Dirt biker gang beat driver? Dirt biker??

Yep
Video Shows Biker Gang Pounding Driver On California Highway
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/san-francisco-biker-beating-highway…
|
moto726
3/12/2017 6:29pm
This was even shown on the Today show last week
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
3/12/2017 6:35pm
Well, there were dirt bikes, a gang of people, and a driver that was beaten.
3/12/2017 6:56pm
Not good. A big percent of people know nothing about Motocross, and this us what they will think of when they see dirtbikes.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/12/2017 6:57pm
Only a matter of time before someone gets stabbed or worse gets shot.

Can't stand these assholes. Fortunately we don't have do deal with any of that where I live but I imagine it's only a matter of time before we see that kind of shit going down in the bigger city.

Not sure what the solution is but something needs to be done about it. Maybe put more cops on dual sport bikes and not Harley's. They're lighter and more maneuverable but sadly there's not much you can do unless they stop and get off their bikes. It would be a lot easier if you could simply mow them down with a car but for obvious reasons that's not a viable option.

Far from dirt bikers. News reporters need to educate themselves on the subject. They're just thugs/thieves that happen to ride dirt bikes. Simply riding a dirt bike doesn't automaticly classify you as a dirt biker.

I've always wondered when I see those guys ride 2 strokes if they even know they need to mix gas? Do they even bother mixing gas or do they simply go steal another bike once they blow up. I doubt they know how to do proper maintenance.

Busting wheelies and weaving in and out of traffic waving their arms around like a bunch of retards really makes them look cool. Saying Nigga every 2nd or 3rd word lol unreal. I saw a documentaty a couple years ago and the kid in it was like 12 years old aspiring to join one of the Baltimore riding gangs. Real role models. 12 year old aspiring to be a riding thug. Nice! Then you have the younger kids looking up to them doing the same thing on little bicycles. It's only going to grow in popularity. Your cities are fucked unless they find a solution. Crushing bikes is definitely not a solution for the sole reason they didn't spend a dollar on any of them. It just pisses off the local riders that got their bikes stolen.

The Shop

wfo4ever
3/12/2017 7:14pm
Why would cops crush stolen dirt bikes. They don't crush everything else they recover that is stolen. I would lawyer up and sue the city if they did that to my motorcycle that I had legal papers saying I paid for it and own it like a good citizen does on other items. That is bull shit.
RangerLee
3/12/2017 7:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Only a matter of time before someone gets stabbed or worse gets shot. Can't stand these assholes. Fortunately we don't have do deal with any of...

Can't stand these assholes. Fortunately we don't have do deal with any of that where I live but I imagine it's only a matter of time before we see that kind of shit going down in the bigger city.

Not sure what the solution is but something needs to be done about it. Maybe put more cops on dual sport bikes and not Harley's. They're lighter and more maneuverable but sadly there's not much you can do unless they stop and get off their bikes. It would be a lot easier if you could simply mow them down with a car but for obvious reasons that's not a viable option.

Far from dirt bikers. News reporters need to educate themselves on the subject. They're just thugs/thieves that happen to ride dirt bikes. Simply riding a dirt bike doesn't automaticly classify you as a dirt biker.

I've always wondered when I see those guys ride 2 strokes if they even know they need to mix gas? Do they even bother mixing gas or do they simply go steal another bike once they blow up. I doubt they know how to do proper maintenance.

Busting wheelies and weaving in and out of traffic waving their arms around like a bunch of retards really makes them look cool. Saying Nigga every 2nd or 3rd word lol unreal. I saw a documentaty a couple years ago and the kid in it was like 12 years old aspiring to join one of the Baltimore riding gangs. Real role models. 12 year old aspiring to be a riding thug. Nice! Then you have the younger kids looking up to them doing the same thing on little bicycles. It's only going to grow in popularity. Your cities are fucked unless they find a solution. Crushing bikes is definitely not a solution for the sole reason they didn't spend a dollar on any of them. It just pisses off the local riders that got their bikes stolen.
One thing I have stuck with since leaving the Army is defensive firearm carry and use. I train people along with continuing to work on my skills. While I agree it is only a matter of time before someone in a car has a gun and uses it, I am more concerned with a parent, in the car with their kids, who has a gun, feels threatened and then pulls the gun using it.

Why do I worry? It is a tactically unsound situation for that drive, if there are kids in the car it is even worse. There is a good chance that some of the people on the bikes are armed as well. That car is very little concealment and just slightly more cover, but not much. It is a dying zone for someone sitting in there.

While those on the bikes and quads are being douches, the best bet is to stay clear and let them pass. The best defensive gun use is to not have to use it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/12/2017 7:34pm
Video last year showed a city stack a shit load of bikes together that they had recovered from those guys and had two bulldozers run over them.

Can't remember which city it was but it had made the news ans they were proud of what they were doing. Video is on here somewhere. Look it up.

I just don't get why they didn't go through the VIN's and try to contact their respectful owners. I'm sure getting some bikes to some of their owners is better than none at all. Not everyone has insurance and sometimes insurance will deny a claim for whatever reason they see fit. Not everyone has a bunch of money in the bank to go buy another bike after theirs gets stolen. Getting your stolen bike back would be great if that option would of been available but I guess it wasn't. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

They thought it would discourage them to ride on the streets kniwing that's what would happen if they got caught. Clearly that plan failed miserably and it wasn't ever going to work. Why would they care or be discourage when the bikes they ride aren't legally theres anyway. It would be like hearing your shitty neighbour got his car crushed for street racing. Would you give a shit about his car being crushed? Nope. Why would you it's not yours.

Something needs to be done about it. Sadly I don't know the solution. Well I do but it's not legal lol.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/12/2017 7:46pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Only a matter of time before someone gets stabbed or worse gets shot. Can't stand these assholes. Fortunately we don't have do deal with any of...

RangerLee wrote:
One thing I have stuck with since leaving the Army is defensive firearm carry and use. I train people along with continuing to work on my...
One thing I have stuck with since leaving the Army is defensive firearm carry and use. I train people along with continuing to work on my skills. While I agree it is only a matter of time before someone in a car has a gun and uses it, I am more concerned with a parent, in the car with their kids, who has a gun, feels threatened and then pulls the gun using it.

Why do I worry? It is a tactically unsound situation for that drive, if there are kids in the car it is even worse. There is a good chance that some of the people on the bikes are armed as well. That car is very little concealment and just slightly more cover, but not much. It is a dying zone for someone sitting in there.

While those on the bikes and quads are being douches, the best bet is to stay clear and let them pass. The best defensive gun use is to not have to use it.
I was referring to being a victim and having a blade or a gun pointed at me. Only takes a split second and someone is dead.

They all go out in a rage and break a car window and proceed to beat up a random person. Only takes one fool that thinks you have the upper hand in defending yourself to pull a gun and kill you.

Personally I wouldn't get out of my vehicle and if I felt my life was threatened I wouldn't even hesitate to bolt it out of there and run any of them over. Even less so if children were with me. Pretty sure it would be considered a self defense act if anything was to go real bad.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
3/12/2017 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2017 7:51pm
I actually think a lot of people will see it for what it truly is without correlating dirt bikes as part of the problem. Not all people, but enough to be surprising.
3/12/2017 9:13pm
F.B wrote:
What the heck!!! Someone tell me they tried to find the owner of the bikes before doing that!
calcoast
3/13/2017 2:42am
Its happening right now because its trending, at least in the Bay Area, this wasn't going on five years ago. I grew up in the Bay Area and before I moved away it was all about buying old 80's cars and doing donuts and shutting down the freeways in a similar fashion. Now they're on dirt bikes following the trends from the East Coast. Im sure a good portion are stolen but I feel there is probably a good chunk that are bought with drug money and legit money. They are just toys to these people and a fashion statement like overpriced sneakers.

The one positive I see from this is their motto "put down a gun pick up a dirt bike".

In the case of that one kid in the 12 O'clock Boyz documentary I feel like dirt bikes actually did keep him and other kids from falling into the traditional gang lifestyle.

By no means am I condoning any of that shit that group did and if it were me in the car I would've ran them over and kept going. They clearly crossed a line and should be dealt with accordingly.

The truth is the dirt bike culture is growing in the urban communities. I'd like to think that this emerging culture is at least giving the troubled youth something other than drugs and guns to look up to.

Obviously we see the worst of it on tv, just like that group of bikers that went crazy on that dude and his family in NY. By no means does that represent the majority of bikers.

I do believe most of these people have become enamored with dirt bike culture and even thought the loudest minority are the ones doing the stupid shit there are alot more that love dirt bikes and are trying to figure out this culture that is foreign to them.

Again Im not condoning that stupid shit in any way but I did grow up around these types of people and Id rather have the neighborhood kids discussing YZs instead of ARs...

I understand there is a culture that revolves around riding stolen bikes illegally on city streets and hurting anybody that stands in their way. But I do believe there is a silent majority in the urban communities that are growing to love dirt bikes the way we do. And in a perfect world it should be embraced and nurtured.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
3/13/2017 5:01am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

RangerLee wrote:
One thing I have stuck with since leaving the Army is defensive firearm carry and use. I train people along with continuing to work on my...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I was referring to being a victim and having a blade or a gun pointed at me. Only takes a split second and someone is dead...
I was referring to being a victim and having a blade or a gun pointed at me. Only takes a split second and someone is dead.

They all go out in a rage and break a car window and proceed to beat up a random person. Only takes one fool that thinks you have the upper hand in defending yourself to pull a gun and kill you.

Personally I wouldn't get out of my vehicle and if I felt my life was threatened I wouldn't even hesitate to bolt it out of there and run any of them over. Even less so if children were with me. Pretty sure it would be considered a self defense act if anything was to go real bad.
The example shown later in that video did just that, he bolted, they followed him and beat his ass. What would you do then when they followed you and traffic hindered your evacuation from the situation?

3/13/2017 6:28am
Lost interest in what the 'general public' thought about dirtbikers a long time ago. When you have been to enough committee meetings about track closures you realise most people have no interest in what image MX/SX etc tries to portray, we are nothing but a nuisance.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/13/2017 7:05am
RangerLee wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I was referring to being a victim and having a blade or a gun pointed at me. Only takes a split second and someone is dead...

Markee wrote:
The example shown later in that video did just that, he bolted, they followed him and beat his ass. What would you do then when they...
The example shown later in that video did just that, he bolted, they followed him and beat his ass. What would you do then when they followed you and traffic hindered your evacuation from the situation?

Call the cops and let them know where I'm at but I get what you're saying. I'd be pretty much fucked.

Not sure what the best answer is. I guess the best option is to leave them alone but that's not a solution to the problem.

What would you do if you felt your life or your families life was being threatened? Simply sit there like an idiot and not do anything? I don't know about you but when it comes to my family I'm not the type guy you really want to mess with.

Building them a place where they could ride out of traffic like one of the cities had mentioned in the last year or so is not going to make any difference to them. They enjoy weaving in and out of traffic. That's the main reason they do it. That's their way of having fun. An empty park to them is as useless as a deaf person having a radio.
JSmith
3/13/2017 8:02am
Solution: Mayor of whatever town goes on TV, Facebook, etc and states that he has given all of his officers the authority to hit them with the police car and knock them off their bikes if they do not stop when the blue lights and siren are on. Run a few over and it will stop.
BobPA
3/13/2017 8:11am
It's a shame no one had a snow plow on the front of their truck.
hvaughn88
3/13/2017 8:12am
JSmith wrote:
Solution: Mayor of whatever town goes on TV, Facebook, etc and states that he has given all of his officers the authority to hit them with...
Solution: Mayor of whatever town goes on TV, Facebook, etc and states that he has given all of his officers the authority to hit them with the police car and knock them off their bikes if they do not stop when the blue lights and siren are on. Run a few over and it will stop.
...and then watch your city burn to the ground
kaptkaos
3/13/2017 8:21am
JSmith wrote:
Solution: Mayor of whatever town goes on TV, Facebook, etc and states that he has given all of his officers the authority to hit them with...
Bingo! We have a winner.

We have them here, I give them plenty of room. If I was ever harrased by them, I would not stop, no way. I would mow them down, and if I got stuck in traffic, I would have my kids get on the floor and I would blow away any of them that approached my car. Luckliy I am usually in my Dually so I can pretty much avoid getting stuck, if I was in a car....well I hope I never have to find out. Might start carrying one of those sawed off AK's if it gets bad down here.

As far as Wheels Up Guns Down, that is the BIGGEST LIE EVER, all of those guys are packing, and they did not obtain those bikes from gainful employment. They either sell weed, crack, or break into homes, businesses or mug people to get the money to buy bikes.

We had a kid down here, his Dad bought him a nice brand new Raptor 700 to ride in the farms out West of Miami, and he got shot in the chest point black on a public road and they took his Raptor and left him to die on the side of the road. First day the kid went riding.
JSmith
3/13/2017 8:28am
JSmith wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
What is your solution?

hvaughn88
3/13/2017 8:34am
JSmith wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
JSmith wrote:
What is your solution?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have a problem with it. I'm just saying that would probably happen.
kaptkaos
3/13/2017 8:36am
JSmith wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
JSmith wrote:
What is your solution?

Not our city....they burn their own ghettos down and the authorities kind of let them burn for a while....kind of like clearing the forest.

If they try to come into the non-ghetto and burn stuff, it would not go well, first the citizens would finally get to use all that ammo they have been storing up, and second, the law would be in there in an instant.
JSmith
3/13/2017 9:46am
I think you hire off duty police from neighboring cities for extra support. Give them the authority to shoot anyone in the act of looting/rioting.

The world has gotten too soft.
xplane
3/13/2017 10:50am
JSmith wrote:
I think you hire off duty police from neighboring cities for extra support. Give them the authority to shoot anyone in the act of looting/rioting. The...
I think you hire off duty police from neighboring cities for extra support. Give them the authority to shoot anyone in the act of looting/rioting.

The world has gotten too soft.
They've tried that kind of thing a lot of places bottom line is when the dudes you're trying to corral have little to lose, like some of these hood characters, you have to be willing to "kill em all" which has obvious problems even if it "works".
newmann
3/13/2017 11:43am
Times like that I would love to see the driver empty his double stack pistol while reaching for his short barreled 30 cal AR. Would make a heck of a gif.LaughingAngry
kaptkaos
3/13/2017 11:47am
Cant we just deputize a bunch of folks and form a posse and go get these guys while they ride? Use some net guns like the ones used for lions and shit. Bean bag shells in some Mossbergs....

You dont have to get them all, just the first one and the slowest one in the group every time...

Impound the bikes and dont crush them or auction them, GIVE them to the AMA and they will figure out what to do with them.
pmshortt2
3/13/2017 11:56am
kaptkaos wrote:
Cant we just deputize a bunch of folks and form a posse and go get these guys while they ride? Use some net guns like the...
Cant we just deputize a bunch of folks and form a posse and go get these guys while they ride? Use some net guns like the ones used for lions and shit. Bean bag shells in some Mossbergs....

You dont have to get them all, just the first one and the slowest one in the group every time...

Impound the bikes and dont crush them or auction them, GIVE them to the AMA and they will figure out what to do with them.
WINNER Laughing
Micahdogg
3/13/2017 12:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Call the cops and let them know where I'm at but I get what you're saying. I'd be pretty much fucked. Not sure what the best...
Call the cops and let them know where I'm at but I get what you're saying. I'd be pretty much fucked.

Not sure what the best answer is. I guess the best option is to leave them alone but that's not a solution to the problem.

What would you do if you felt your life or your families life was being threatened? Simply sit there like an idiot and not do anything? I don't know about you but when it comes to my family I'm not the type guy you really want to mess with.

Building them a place where they could ride out of traffic like one of the cities had mentioned in the last year or so is not going to make any difference to them. They enjoy weaving in and out of traffic. That's the main reason they do it. That's their way of having fun. An empty park to them is as useless as a deaf person having a radio.
Sitting there like an idiot and not doing anything is likely to not result in you getting your azz kicked. If that is an option vs. doing something and being ready to shoot someone dead if things escalate, I kinda like the look stupid option. Plus it comes natural to me Smile
Hammer 663s
3/13/2017 2:36pm
At the Bill Scott Racing evasive driving course we taught about this type of situation. In a situation like this you do whatever it takes to escape, including destroying your car and any vehicle of anyone in the way. It takes practice and commitment, and rapid decision making to do this though. Your car is a great weapon, especially against bikes or people on foot. Of course, most people never think of this scenario, much less have the chance to practice it enough to make it viable. Most newbies at the BSR course froze, or drove right off the track under pressure. You throw gunfire in or someone actually hitting your car, and things happen fast. More than once we had to clean the seats of the cars. We ran plastic seat covers. Smile

In this case, the driver didn't have situational awareness. He left no room in front to escape, and didn't take advantage of the room to the rear that he did have. He had plenty of room to reverse out of there, bootleg turn it and go the other way, at speed. He also had an out to the right he didn't use. You run over whoever you need to.

Hammer 663s

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/13/2017 3:10pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Call the cops and let them know where I'm at but I get what you're saying. I'd be pretty much fucked. Not sure what the best...

Micahdogg wrote:
Sitting there like an idiot and not doing anything is likely to not result in you getting your azz kicked. If that is an option vs...
Sitting there like an idiot and not doing anything is likely to not result in you getting your azz kicked. If that is an option vs. doing something and being ready to shoot someone dead if things escalate, I kinda like the look stupid option. Plus it comes natural to me Smile
So if you felt your life or your families life was in danger and you were attacked you would just sit there and let things happen? That's pretty stupid if you ask me.

If the option is sitting there like an idiot and getting away unscathed then yes I would gladly sit there and do nothing but if I was attacked or my family was attacked I wouldn't simply sit there and let my ass or their ass getting kicked. I might not stand a chance being alone versus 3-4 or more but I'd certainly fight my ass off to at least try and buy some time in order for the cops to get there.

I'm pretty sure some of these guys carry guns and some of them wouldn't even hesitate for a second to shoot someone dead. So yeah I agree the best option is to simply leave them alone but leaving them alone won't cure the problem. Fortunately for me it's not my problem to cure or find the solution to the problem. It's for the cities problem to solve but it doesn't appear like they are even trying to find a solution. It's illegal to put the lives of civilians in danger yet it seems like they get a free pass.

I just hope that shit doesn't get anymore traction than it already has but it doesn't look good.

I once read a quote from an H.A. member that said "When in doubt knock 'em out". Maybe the solution is hiring those guys to take care of the problem lol. They don't fuck around and don't work with the same rules/law as the cops need to obey. If it can be monetized and lucrative they'll get in that market. Probably would never happen but a guy can dream right.

Post a reply to: Dirt biker gang beat driver? Dirt biker??

The Latest