Did anyone catch the RV clip "Ryan Villopoto Champion"?

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 2/6/2013 9:15am
They showed during the 450 broadcast? I think is comes on Feb 10 @ noon. The way it was edited, it sounded like this is not what RV wanted to do with his life. Didn't talk to his dad for almost a year. I'll be tuning in.
|
peelout
1/21/2013 8:57am
i never did download it on iTunes, but i've heard great things about the "movie"

i'll be watching it for sure, huge fan here
TDeath21
1/21/2013 8:59am
Yeah it looks like it's going to be really good. I love anything that goes inside the lives of an athlete, especially one like Villopoto who is like a robot on the podium. It lets him be himself in an interview instead of listing sponsors.
Hando
1/21/2013 9:23am
anyone else notice the shear amount of shameless self promotion these days?
P
1/21/2013 9:31am
rcm406 wrote:
They showed during the 450 broadcast? I think is comes on Feb 10 @ noon. The way it was edited, it sounded like this is not...
They showed during the 450 broadcast? I think is comes on Feb 10 @ noon. The way it was edited, it sounded like this is not what RV wanted to do with his life. Didn't talk to his dad for almost a year. I'll be tuning in.
He talked about MX not being his "choice", but he said that it was all the he knew so............It's cool to get to that level of honesty with a guy that has made it in the sport. It's also kind of sad too because for every RV there are hundreds that don't make it and MX is "all they know."

P

The Shop

mr50racer
2/4/2013 7:39pm
Anybody have a link or torrent for this.. I missed it and can't find it anywhere..
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
2/4/2013 7:47pm
I believe I've heard him say (possibly in 2 Be Continued) that if he had to do it over again, he wouldn't do mx.
2/4/2013 8:00pm
Yea and if I had to do it over again I would of kept trying in school beyond fourth grade and I would be a doctor by now. He would really give up the millions of dollars that he has earned and his ability to retire at the age of thirty to gamble on being a normal 9-5er like the rest of us? I know he puts an unbelievable amount of work into what he does but I really don't believe that he would feel that way if he lived like us commoners for a week or two. He needs to stop and smell the roses every once in a while.
Tumblin
2/4/2013 8:43pm
Ryan's made some tough choices to get to where he's at. He's a smart, tough young man that knows hard work, suffering and sacrifice. But he also knows success - they say "what don't kill ya only makes you stronger". He'll be fine after this ride, I believe he'll be in a greater place than he is even now...imagine that.
dirtnapper
2/5/2013 9:26am
Yea and if I had to do it over again I would of kept trying in school beyond fourth grade and I would be a doctor...
Yea and if I had to do it over again I would of kept trying in school beyond fourth grade and I would be a doctor by now. He would really give up the millions of dollars that he has earned and his ability to retire at the age of thirty to gamble on being a normal 9-5er like the rest of us? I know he puts an unbelievable amount of work into what he does but I really don't believe that he would feel that way if he lived like us commoners for a week or two. He needs to stop and smell the roses every once in a while.
You got it.

Frankly, it pisses me off when I hear these guys talking about how tough its been and how many sacrifices they've made.

We ALL have had to make sacrifices and ( most of us ) have worked hard to get where we are, career - wise.

Bottom line is, the 20th place finisher in a SX race ( who consistantly makes main events ) makes more $ in a month than I do, and I pay to go race a few weekends a year.

I don't feel badly one bit for guys like Grant, Chisholm, Hahn, and now RV if they piss and moan about their lot in life. They have a MUCH better life than a big % of Americans and Canadians.
2/5/2013 11:52am
We all like to complain and think our lives is harder or tougher then someone elses. We also like to pick on people who did allot better but still complain and say how they should stop nagging because they got 'a better' life.

Be happy with what u got, salute the ones that got more and accept that ALL people wil complain when they get the chance.
That's just how people are...

I did not talk to my father for 6 years, boo-fuck'in-hoo. I'm glad the guy is still around and i just stop being a sad little whiner about it.
swizcore
2/5/2013 11:54am
The show which will air this weekend is not "2 Be Continued". It's a new film by Troy Adamitis.
dkg
2/6/2013 6:51am
swizcore wrote:
The show which will air this weekend is not "2 Be Continued". It's a new film by Troy Adamitis.
Been trying to find it on directv so I can record it. Looks like it is supposed to be on CBS sports network at noon est which should make it 9 am pst. But my guide says bull riding. Any deals where to find it?
swizcore
2/6/2013 7:52am
swizcore wrote:
dkg wrote:
Been trying to find it on directv so I can record it. Looks like it is supposed to be on CBS sports network at noon est...
Been trying to find it on directv so I can record it. Looks like it is supposed to be on CBS sports network at noon est which should make it 9 am pst. But my guide says bull riding. Any deals where to find it?
My guide shows CBS, noon EST Sunday. I'll be adding it to my AppleTV. If you can't locate it, let me know.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
2/6/2013 9:15am
Any job gets old eventually. ANY job.

I think pro riders who are successful have a lot less to bitch about than I do, but who am I to say?

Post a reply to: Did anyone catch the RV clip "Ryan Villopoto Champion"?

The Latest