Did RCH make the right choice?

Spat24
Fantasy
618th
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2015 10:25am
So we are half way in to the SX series - Tickle has been getting good results but Peick has been showing top speed.
Then consider what will happen in MX this summer.

|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/1/2015 12:50pm
Spat24 wrote:
So we are half way in to the SX series - Tickle has been getting good results but Peick has been showing top speed. Then consider...
So we are half way in to the SX series - Tickle has been getting good results but Peick has been showing top speed.

From my understanding, JGR made Peick a better offer than RCH could manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the budget was thin after locking in Kenny and the added staff they've been bringing in.
bd
3/1/2015 12:50pm
Tickle vs. Peick? Before the season, I would of went with Tickle. Tickle had his best night and I believe he passed Peick. That said, I believe Peick will win a race before his career is over. He keeps getting A LOT each year. Both of these riders are beasts.

I do believe the Yamaha is better fit for Peick.
Flex
3/1/2015 12:51pm
bd wrote:
Tickle vs. Peick? Before the season, I would of went with Tickle. Tickle had his best night and I believe he passed Peick. That said, I...
Tickle vs. Peick? Before the season, I would of went with Tickle. Tickle had his best night and I believe he passed Peick. That said, I believe Peick will win a race before his career is over. He keeps getting A LOT each year. Both of these riders are beasts.

Yamaha is a better bike for Peick IMO like you said.
bd
3/1/2015 12:51pm
Spat24 wrote:
So we are half way in to the SX series - Tickle has been getting good results but Peick has been showing top speed. Then consider...

ML512 wrote:
From my understanding, JGR made Peick a better offer than RCH could manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the budget was thin after locking in Kenny...
From my understanding, JGR made Peick a better offer than RCH could manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the budget was thin after locking in Kenny and the added staff they've been bringing in.
Hard to dispute ML512. Fall 2014, they were scrambling to find funds to hire Tickle who was coming off a major injury.

The Shop

brimx153
3/1/2015 12:54pm
think it was more complicated than that . they were nt sure if they could have a second rider till really late . was a hell of a ride last night by Tickle imo . Peick has be amazing . imo Peick will do a bit better than Tickle indoors and Tickle will do better outdoors . Tickle is my dark horse Outdoors . as in podium s . but Peick could be wining sx races the way he is going . its not a choice I would of liked to have to make that's for sure
machine
3/1/2015 1:50pm
Yes they did..not only from a talent perspective, but a marketing one as well. I mean, who doesn't like Tickle...super nice guy..
3/1/2015 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2015 10:20am
bd
3/1/2015 1:56pm
#991 wrote:
Woohoo
IWreckALot
3/1/2015 2:44pm
What's odd is that both riders were signed on to their respective teams as a second rider but they're both proving to be more valuable than just a umber two rider. Peick moreso than Tickle at this point but Tickle is on his way up while Roczen is struggling.
3/1/2015 2:52pm
All I know is Peick is getting a lot faster indoors and we all know he will earn his money in the outdoors so as an investment he's gotta be worth it, do you think Tickle will be a top 5 guy outside? I seriously doubt it, Peick on the other hand....
3/1/2015 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2015 10:20am
All I know is Peick is getting a lot faster indoors and we all know he will earn his money in the outdoors so as an...
All I know is Peick is getting a lot faster indoors and we all know he will earn his money in the outdoors so as an investment he's gotta be worth it, do you think Tickle will be a top 5 guy outside? I seriously doubt it, Peick on the other hand....
IWreckALot
3/1/2015 3:02pm
All I know is Peick is getting a lot faster indoors and we all know he will earn his money in the outdoors so as an...
#991 wrote:
Have we seen Tickle outdoors healthy? I think he could quite possibly be an underrated rider outdoors.
The Rock
3/1/2015 3:05pm
Spat24 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
From my understanding, JGR made Peick a better offer than RCH could manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the budget was thin after locking in Kenny...
Don't know about RCH offers but do know Yamaha wanted Weston on JGR big time
kiwifan
3/1/2015 3:09pm
Spat24 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
This!
3/1/2015 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 3:17pm
#991 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Have we seen Tickle outdoors healthy? I think he could quite possibly be an underrated rider outdoors.
Hmmm, I think we have, maybe not the last year or so. I just reckon Peick will top him in and outdoors, with ease.

Peick will finish above barcia also, I've said that previously.

I know nothing of the deals obviously, like 99.9% of folk! But I think Tickle was more the choice for RCH than WP, fits the brand a bit better.
G-man
3/1/2015 4:05pm
The better question is did Kenny make the right choice?
KTM is a well oiled machine right now and helped win him a #1 plate that he promptly stole to mount on the Suzy.

You think Roger is feeling some satisfaction right now? Smile
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
3/1/2015 4:11pm
bd wrote:
Tickle vs. Peick? Before the season, I would of went with Tickle. Tickle had his best night and I believe he passed Peick. That said, I...

Flex wrote:
He said himself that he just clicks with the Yammy… Looks like it too.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/1/2015 4:39pm
Spat24 wrote:

JGR took the option out of their hands with a good offer the RCH could afford.
Insider347
3/1/2015 4:46pm
You have to be impressed with both but RCH and Tickle are really on the way up. One spot from the podium in Atl. I think Brock is only gonna keep getting better. Weston will be on the podium again as well. Right choice for both teams.
BobPA
3/1/2015 4:50pm
Tickle had looked really good the last few weeks, very aggressive and confident.
3/1/2015 5:27pm
I think JGR deserves Peick. Great replacement for Brayton, who I think they should have also kept.
3/1/2015 5:35pm
I think the money those teams spent on WP23 And BT20 was very well spent. Although RCH did get a win.
Osaka627
3/1/2015 5:38pm
Peick is also riding with a torn MCL and broken foot.
IWreckALot
3/1/2015 5:40pm
G-man wrote:
The better question is did Kenny make the right choice? KTM is a well oiled machine right now and helped win him a #1 plate that...
KTM is a well oiled machine right now and helped win him a #1 plate that he promptly stole to mount on the Suzy.

I'm not sure Decoster would be regretting his decision with Kenny's performance either in all fairness. He would have the first place rider and third place rider unless the bike would make Kenny perform any differently. Interesting hypothetical but a hypothetical none the less.
Crush
3/1/2015 6:15pm
bd wrote:

Flex wrote:
He said himself that he just clicks with the Yammy… Looks like it too.
Pretty sure you can take that with a grain of salt, considering the last however many years, when it's been down to him, as a privateer, he has chosen the Suzuki...
mx836
3/1/2015 6:26pm
#991 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
If I remember correctly, it was talked about on one of the pulp shows that Coy wanted Barcia. Yamaha wanted Pieck and JGR didn't really care or weren't too enthused about It. IMO, Tickle has always been a better outdoor rider so I see him being ahead of Weston outside unless WP picked his game up outdoors also.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
3/1/2015 7:22pm
a lot faster?

he finished where he always finishes...outside the top 5 with one exception...wasn't he doing that last year on his own???

he is riding great, he is a bulldog with no finesse...and his talents are limited...he can fight and hang close, might even pull off a win if faster guys get terrible starts...but he isn't on the rise towards being a Villopotto or Dungey or Roczen type guy...

reality, not hating, just reality...
TeamGreen
3/1/2015 7:59pm
The answer?

Yes.

Look at the End-Result: Weston is Crushing It at JGR and Tickle is riding REALLY WELL on the Zook.
FlowingRiver
3/1/2015 8:04pm
I wonder if RCH is considering team orders to takeout RD5 to give KR94 a chance to close up the points gap. I know it's dirty, but I remember when Deano tried to put Tomac on the ground in the lites class in a desperate attempt to gain points.
G-man
3/1/2015 8:28pm
G-man wrote:
The better question is did Kenny make the right choice? KTM is a well oiled machine right now and helped win him a #1 plate that...

IWreckALot wrote:
I'm not sure Decoster would be regretting his decision with Kenny's performance either in all fairness. He would have the first place rider and third place...
I'm not sure Decoster would be regretting his decision with Kenny's performance either in all fairness. He would have the first place rider and third place rider unless the bike would make Kenny perform any differently. Interesting hypothetical but a hypothetical none the less.
All I know is I don't think I've ever seen Dungey ride with more confidence and control.

I cannot recall him swapping at all this season so far while other riders have.

also of note the redesigned KTM really is just that. the new Motocross Action did a really good article on the new bike it had silhouettes of last year frame against this year's frame.

they are drastically different and I attributed this to the handling that Dungey is currently experiencing.

major props go to the KTM team, engineers and Roger DeCoster. Smile

Post a reply to: Did RCH make the right choice?

The Latest