Did James lose 2014 SX title in Atlanta?

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2014 2:33am
My guess is yes and he'll lose the championship by the point difference between 1st and 11th in the main. At this point I can see Roczen or RV having a throwaway race but not both of them.

Stewart needs a miracle at this point IMHO.
|
John250
2/25/2014 7:10pm
I would not count Roczen stealing the championship from both of them!
KTMLew
2/25/2014 7:16pm
The Rock wrote:
My guess is yes and he'll lose the championship by the point difference between 1st and 11th in the main. At this point I can see...
My guess is yes and he'll lose the championship by the point difference between 1st and 11th in the main. At this point I can see Roczen or RV having a throwaway race but not both of them.

Agree 100%. I kinda figured he was riding for 2nd anyway. Baring injury to Roczen or RV he's now riding for 3rd at best. It's a shame he can't put a streak of rides together. Hopefully he gets through the whole season of 2014 SX/MX w/o injury.
dantheman
2/25/2014 7:20pm
You could also make the conclusion he lost it at A1!

9 races left, it ain't over just yet.
thatguy
2/25/2014 7:21pm
Let me preface this by saying I have been wanting James to lay the smack down on everyone since he started getting written off during the Yamaha days. That being said, he hasn't been in the championship lead, so it was never his to lose. He won two races, but so has RV and Roczen. If we're counting him losing by points, it wouldn't be ATL. Did you forget about his swap out at A1? I always get bothered when people try and predict who lost a championship when the series isn't even close to over, especially when they were never leading the championship in the first place.

The Shop

dantheman
2/25/2014 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 7:49pm
thatguy wrote:
Let me preface this by saying I have been wanting James to lay the smack down on everyone since he started getting written off during the...
Let me preface this by saying I have been wanting James to lay the smack down on everyone since he started getting written off during the Yamaha days. That being said, he hasn't been in the championship lead, so it was never his to lose. He won two races, but so has RV and Roczen. If we're counting him losing by points, it wouldn't be ATL. Did you forget about his swap out at A1? I always get bothered when people try and predict who lost a championship when the series isn't even close to over, especially when they were never leading the championship in the first place.
C'mon man, would you just quit being thatguy... oh wait!!!

Agreed though. How could it be realistic that he "lost the title" at the point where he was still 14 points down and having never lead to begin with?
Juss
2/25/2014 7:31pm
Anything can happen. RV could loose 20 points at Daytona.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
2/25/2014 8:04pm
If he wins every race left in the series and RV places second could he still win the championship?
Stephon
2/25/2014 8:07pm
Juss wrote:
Anything can happen. RV could loose 20 points at Daytona.
X2

The way I see it, it isn't the good days that matter the most. It's managing the bad days. Historically, James has had less success in managing the bad days.

I must say that I didn't see Roczen being SO good right out of the gate in the big class...I'm loving what I'm seeing from him in every area. I look forward to seeing him on the podium for years to come.
2/25/2014 8:16pm
To win every race...Yosh will have to give James a bike CAPABLE of winning.... 9 times out of 9 races. As close as the competition is, you have to really nail the set up. If they dont...even James and RV are P3,P4, P5 guys if their competition hits the set up. With 4 other really fast guys...one of them is going to damn well nail it even by blind luck. Could James run the table with the bike dialed every race? Maybe. But the bike simply wont be dialed every race. It just wont.
SEE ARE125
2/25/2014 8:35pm
To win every race...Yosh will have to give James a bike CAPABLE of winning.... 9 times out of 9 races. As close as the competition is...
To win every race...Yosh will have to give James a bike CAPABLE of winning.... 9 times out of 9 races. As close as the competition is, you have to really nail the set up. If they dont...even James and RV are P3,P4, P5 guys if their competition hits the set up. With 4 other really fast guys...one of them is going to damn well nail it even by blind luck. Could James run the table with the bike dialed every race? Maybe. But the bike simply wont be dialed every race. It just wont.
That's the thing though about having so many guys capable of winning. The points can get distributed to several other guys as opposed to just 1 or 2. Having more guys capable of winning and stealing valuable points helps guys like RD and JS to come out of a deficit. A lot of fast guys to play spoiler in this series, even more so when DM and TC return. It ain't over until Vegas.
Juss
2/25/2014 8:35pm
Myke wrote:
If he wins every race left in the series and RV places second could he still win the championship?
Yep by like 1 point
Juss
2/25/2014 8:37pm
To win every race...Yosh will have to give James a bike CAPABLE of winning.... 9 times out of 9 races. As close as the competition is...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
That's the thing though about having so many guys capable of winning. The points can get distributed to several other guys as opposed to just 1...
That's the thing though about having so many guys capable of winning. The points can get distributed to several other guys as opposed to just 1 or 2. Having more guys capable of winning and stealing valuable points helps guys like RD and JS to come out of a deficit. A lot of fast guys to play spoiler in this series, even more so when DM and TC return. It ain't over until Vegas.
Bottom line JS7 has got to finish in front of RV at all cost!
jeffro503
2/25/2014 8:51pm
HEY...........9 races left right!??

If Stewart wins out.........that's a total of 27 more points than anyone in 2nd and below could possibly get.

If the rest of the rounds go......
1st Stewart
2nd RV

He has a hole to dig out of with a minus 26 points.........he could win it with 1 point if RV finished 2nd every race.

Just sayin'.......it is possible.
willie838
2/25/2014 9:31pm
stewart's championship hopes are finished. he's in too deep of a hole while the front runners are too consistent.

so yes, the road ended for him in atlanta.
2/25/2014 9:33pm
Our best hope is Roczann and historically he doesn't handle pressure very well.
Canerat
2/25/2014 9:37pm
9 races left...Its unlikely that Villo and Roczen will go on without some bad luck.....JS7 is not out of the hunt...anything can happen and probably will.

Im rooting for James...
Grizz
2/25/2014 9:49pm
Did Mike Alessi's t-bone on Brock Tickle lead to his main event win in Daytona?
RandyS
2/25/2014 10:01pm
Did he lose it? No, he never had it in the first place to lose.

Did he greatly diminish his chances of getting it? Yes

Does he have a chance still? Yes, odds of RV and Roczen having a bad race or a DNF are high, but James would have to go major mistake free the rest of the year. History shows the chances of that are slim. Roczen, RV, and Dungey may all have a bad race, not all 3 will have 2 bad races. James will have to go error free and be top 5 on his worst days, that won't be easy in this field. It's not just James and Chad anymore.
Grizz
2/25/2014 10:07pm
RandyS wrote:
Did he lose it? No, he never had it in the first place to lose. Did he greatly diminish his chances of getting it? Yes Does...
Did he lose it? No, he never had it in the first place to lose.

Did he greatly diminish his chances of getting it? Yes

Does he have a chance still? Yes, odds of RV and Roczen having a bad race or a DNF are high, but James would have to go major mistake free the rest of the year. History shows the chances of that are slim. Roczen, RV, and Dungey may all have a bad race, not all 3 will have 2 bad races. James will have to go error free and be top 5 on his worst days, that won't be easy in this field. It's not just James and Chad anymore.
but James would have to go major mistake free the rest of the year. History shows the chances of that are slim.

Honestly, history shows that the chances of him doing that are greater than any of his competitors.
mojoman42
2/25/2014 10:14pm
No, he lost it when he DNF'd A1. That was a way bigger mistake than what happened at Atlanta.
The Rock
2/25/2014 10:56pm
Our best hope is Roczann and historically he doesn't handle pressure very well.
Roczen handled the pressure of the MXoN in his home country just fine even though he had bike set up issues big time. I was always impressed with him but Roczen's freshman year with the big boys reminds me a lot of 1993 when MC shocked everyone including me taking the title his first year.

I don't know who I am happier for Ken or DeCoster.
Trauma
2/25/2014 10:57pm
No one lost, no one won.
The Rock
2/25/2014 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 11:23pm
dantheman wrote:
You could also make the conclusion he lost it at A1!

9 races left, it ain't over just yet.
You could but there is a big difference between having 16 races left versus 9. Personally
I was expecting James to win ATL and go on a tear to make this a three way battle. I really like the new more mature James just wish he would soften his fork set up before he retires.

I agree with you it ain't over just yet and I look forward to it going down to Vegas hopefully. Dungey's first win might be this weekend and I would love to see him battling RV Roczen Stewart for wins the rest of the season. With this line up it is possible James could make up this deficit but he would need Dungey to take second frequently.

BTW still bumming Reed got hurt. What a comeback this year with two wins. Freaking amazing.

Vegas should be the best since Reed RC and James all could have won it......2005 or 2006?
HenryA
2/26/2014 2:03am
Just like RV did at A1 2013? Huh
IWreckALot
2/26/2014 5:12am
JS7 was leading the momentum race. He had the momentum going into Atlanta but then it dropped like a ton of bricks.
hasko158
2/26/2014 5:25am
I'm a huge JS7 fan but I know that he will never win a title again. He just can't keep it together for an entire season and continues to make rookie mistakes.
timlake
2/26/2014 5:46am
Don't forget Mike Alessi didn't get banned so will still be in the loose for the remaining 9 races.

Nobody is safe.

If James wins every race, and RV finished second every race James would win by a point. It would be hard but I mean it's by no means not possible.

My money is on Roczen to take it though.
P
2/26/2014 5:52am
The Rock wrote:
My guess is yes and he'll lose the championship by the point difference between 1st and 11th in the main. At this point I can see...

Simple answer is no.

P

Post a reply to: Did James lose 2014 SX title in Atlanta?

The Latest