Deegans kid

Edited Date/Time 4/1/2014 7:22pm
I just saw that Behind the Dream and holy crap Deegans kid is fast. No wonder he needs a cheater bike. He's sending it.
|
RVT420
3/30/2014 8:00pm
Put him on a stock bike I think he can still haul ass, he was launching everything haha
3/30/2014 8:42pm
Really like watching these episodes. I gain so much more respect for these guys and how they're raising their families.
3/30/2014 9:35pm
Yeah, he was absolutely flying, Brian seems to be quite the coach and father. Those two look like they're having a blast.
yzjs7
3/30/2014 9:56pm
Seeing him through the whoops is legit I was impressed. Part of me wants to be jealous but if I had the money I would be doing the same thing.

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/30/2014 10:16pm
I too can see why the kid was riding a cheater. The kid hauls ass. Honestly, I don't have a problem with him riding a cheater. I have a problem with his dad being an ass clown about getting his kid caught riding a cheater. Do the crime, do the time - and don't whine.
WeiserGuy
3/31/2014 4:21am
The whoops was by far the most impressive part of his segment. I loved when Brain told him that his mom said no freestyle and his son says "I don't want to". Kids a ripper for sure. Little guy won't ever have to worry about lack of support that's for sure.
Crush
3/31/2014 4:27am
Just watched it... Kid's not scared!

The whoops and a few of the jumps at Pala... pretty damn impressive!
TerryK
3/31/2014 5:58am
I dont think Ive ever been as fast in the whoops on a big bike as that kid is on a 50 lol. Impressed.
3/31/2014 7:56am
My kid learned how to ride a bicycle at 6, and to see this kid launching it like that at age 7. wow.

The part that bugs me with these moto kids is school. I think Josh Grant's wife mentioned something about racing being their life. They drop out of school at 16, than at 20 get hurt and can't ride. What do you do? can't ride, no education, you're screwed. That's not her exact quote, but you get the idea.
3/31/2014 8:08am
My kid learned how to ride a bicycle at 6, and to see this kid launching it like that at age 7. wow. The part that...
My kid learned how to ride a bicycle at 6, and to see this kid launching it like that at age 7. wow.

The part that bugs me with these moto kids is school. I think Josh Grant's wife mentioned something about racing being their life. They drop out of school at 16, than at 20 get hurt and can't ride. What do you do? can't ride, no education, you're screwed. That's not her exact quote, but you get the idea.
That's a big part of the risk involved.
hammertime
3/31/2014 8:19am
deegan's instagram vids of those boys are so fucking funny with him cakkling in the background. i never thought much of the guy until i see now what a dedicated dad he is. he puts in the time.
Brent
3/31/2014 9:43am
I never liked the Mulisha or Deegan really, but seeing the kind of man and dad he has become, I'm a fan now.

Seems like the guy really has done well with everything.
Ing
3/31/2014 11:10am
Nothing to be more proud of than a Dad that puts his kid on a cheater bike.
Seamorbutts
3/31/2014 11:29am
Ing wrote:
Nice one, you must be proud of your post as well.
Seamorbutts
3/31/2014 11:32am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 11:34am
Deegan has another son thats 4 years old thats just starting out.
IWreckALot
3/31/2014 11:50am
My kid learned how to ride a bicycle at 6, and to see this kid launching it like that at age 7. wow. The part that...

That's a big part of the risk involved.
DB, that is my biggest problem with the way these kids are brought up. I wish a team would approach a college or trade school for a tuition sponsorship for their riders after the rider retires. I think colleges are an untapped sponsorship market. Colleges target aged audience overlaps the SX/MX market big time.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/31/2014 12:04pm
does anyone else think its just plain wrong to take a 7 year old out of school to go riding? this sport eats its young and it seems to be getting worse not better,
slipdog
3/31/2014 12:09pm
Deegan is living the dream!

I'm a little jealous ...
40Plus_922mx
3/31/2014 12:11pm
scott_nz wrote:
does anyone else think its just plain wrong to take a 7 year old out of school to go riding? this sport eats its young and...
does anyone else think its just plain wrong to take a 7 year old out of school to go riding? this sport eats its young and it seems to be getting worse not better,
The kid goes to school. Same school as my nephew. They yank him early only sometimes. But he is still getting the teaching and that is what is important. However integrity and others are also good lessons Daddy Deegan.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
3/31/2014 1:22pm
That show was excellent!
bd
3/31/2014 1:22pm
If "home schooling" is taken seriously - rigorous academia - its far better than public schools. Deegan nailed it - his child is learning how to win and how to lose (emotional intelligence) and his family seems to be serious about schooling. If you think public schools are answer, please serve me your kool aid.

DC - maybe at LL, part of AM criteria is schooling - grades and emphasis needs to be put on education. I am highly impressed with Jeff Emig. He is an amazing ambassador for Supercross.

It is imperative that these riders are intelligent (not only Moto IQ - but the arts and sciences). They are brand managers for our sport.

I was impressed with both of those families.
bd
3/31/2014 1:24pm
scott_nz wrote:
does anyone else think its just plain wrong to take a 7 year old out of school to go riding? this sport eats its young and...
The kid goes to school. Same school as my nephew. They yank him early only sometimes. But he is still getting the teaching and that is...
The kid goes to school. Same school as my nephew. They yank him early only sometimes. But he is still getting the teaching and that is what is important. However integrity and others are also good lessons Daddy Deegan.
Picking yourself up after a fuck up is extremely important. I'll bet Deegan Family has learned its lesson. Hopefully they are in present and not living that incident over and over like VitalMX.
40Plus_922mx
3/31/2014 2:23pm
scott_nz wrote:
The kid goes to school. Same school as my nephew. They yank him early only sometimes. But he is still getting the teaching and that is...
bd wrote:
Picking yourself up after a fuck up is extremely important. I'll bet Deegan Family has learned its lesson. Hopefully they are in present and not living...
Picking yourself up after a fuck up is extremely important. I'll bet Deegan Family has learned its lesson. Hopefully they are in present and not living that incident over and over like VitalMX.
Learning from the past is what I think you meant to articulate.
Mickolobe7
3/31/2014 4:10pm
Deegans son is fast! I think he has a carer ahead of him for sure.
KlootZak
3/31/2014 4:21pm
Ing wrote:
To be honest, I now understand why Brian gave the KTM some extra horsepower. How else is Haiden going to jump those big jumps at Pala? I rather have my child a bit more horsepower so he can safely clean the jumps than coming short when he makes even a slight mistake ... I do think he should race the 50cc bike during races against other competitors (and not make a fuss about it when you get caught)

My respect has increased a lot for Deegan. It was one of the best episodes of the season. Personally I would also opt for the Tomac approach (but it's easier said than done).
Mickolobe7
3/31/2014 5:05pm
Ing wrote:
KlootZak wrote:
To be honest, I now understand why Brian gave the KTM some extra horsepower. How else is Haiden going to jump those big jumps at Pala...
To be honest, I now understand why Brian gave the KTM some extra horsepower. How else is Haiden going to jump those big jumps at Pala? I rather have my child a bit more horsepower so he can safely clean the jumps than coming short when he makes even a slight mistake ... I do think he should race the 50cc bike during races against other competitors (and not make a fuss about it when you get caught)

My respect has increased a lot for Deegan. It was one of the best episodes of the season. Personally I would also opt for the Tomac approach (but it's easier said than done).
I agree with ya on that.

Post a reply to: Deegans kid

The Latest