Decline to ride for your country for no good reason, forced to sit out your next home nations?

kkawboy14
10/2/2017 9:41am
early wrote:
This thread is failing worse than Seelys shock.
Ha

They should have to do X Games also!
bvm111
10/2/2017 9:50am
You guys need to stop with this false patriotism regarding this race. As a 26 year veteran of the military I am comfortable with Eli's decision, I understand it's a business and he is doing what he is contracted to do.

Get over it!
Shaned9326
10/2/2017 9:55am
early wrote:
This thread is failing worse than Seelys shock.
Funny as hell!!

The Shop

pilotdude
10/2/2017 10:00am
bvm111 wrote:
You guys need to stop with this false patriotism regarding this race. As a 26 year veteran of the military I am comfortable with Eli's decision...
You guys need to stop with this false patriotism regarding this race. As a 26 year veteran of the military I am comfortable with Eli's decision, I understand it's a business and he is doing what he is contracted to do.

Get over it!
So all the top riders who went for decades also had "false patriotism." And all the French, Dutch, Belgian, British, they must be "false patriots" also.

Ok.
twotwosix
10/2/2017 10:03am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 10:15am
lostboy819 wrote:
Tomac would have choked anyway. Whistling
I wasn't going to say it first, because people will get pissed, but I was thinking this too.

Eli choked in NY when he got the Red plate and lost the Supercross title. Eli choked in the outdoors in the stretch carrying the Red plate and almost let Marvin steal the Outdoor championship. Eli won the outdoor title this year without Dungey or Roczen there and he won by one of the least amount of total points in recent history.

Carmichael, Villopoto, Dungey, hell even Roczen, none of them ever choked in situations like that. Those guys would have beaten the dog crap out of Eli in those situations and left him in a severe points deficit.
VicDaMoan03
10/2/2017 10:11am
I like it. It's obviously his right not to go when asked no questions there. But it's also team USA's right to not ask him after multiple cold shoulders. IMO let's ask people who would go regardless if it's convenient for them.
Spergen
10/2/2017 10:15am
RC did a q&a in the monster tent at the MXoN, this was one of the many good questions he answered at length. His reply was both shocking and sad for the sport. Have a look for it as it was filmed. Got to go out now but will explain later.
rosebud441
10/2/2017 10:16am
Seems to me most US mx'ers took a knee.. Where is the outrage?

Oh that's right their all white dudes..
pilotdude
10/2/2017 10:29am
rosebud441 wrote:
Seems to me most US mx'ers took a knee.. Where is the outrage?

Oh that's right their all white dudes..
Wow.
10/2/2017 10:29am
Guess Eli should have played the injury card like many others this year and before him. What a bunch of crying babies. Get over yourselves.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/2/2017 10:40am
Spergen wrote:
RC did a q&a in the monster tent at the MXoN, this was one of the many good questions he answered at length. His reply was...
RC did a q&a in the monster tent at the MXoN, this was one of the many good questions he answered at length. His reply was both shocking and sad for the sport. Have a look for it as it was filmed. Got to go out now but will explain later.
Did he address his decision not to go to Lierop in 04?
BobPA
10/2/2017 10:40am
Guess Eli should have played the injury card like many others this year and before him. What a bunch of crying babies. Get over yourselves.

PressPassP
10/2/2017 10:59am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 11:03am
Surely Tomacs reasons for swerving it this year would be the same next year wouldn't they?

Roczen has shown no interest either in previous years to this one,can't make that out after that 2012 victory
AzTrooper
10/2/2017 11:09am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 11:12am
I was thinking about it and it occurred to me that it might be a big assumption that desire to race the MXDN in America will be more appealing than if it were in another country for those not already inclined to do so. Sure the lack of travel will be a huge plus but the reasons stated has been that it is scheduled so late there is next to no rest or downtime between the end of the outdoors and the start of training and testing for the upcoming SX series. Unless I misunderstood his meaning,Roger DeCoster said in a interview with Matthes that next years MXDN is a week later than this year which puts it a week before the Monster Cup.
Matthes " Next year RedBud though, so that should be better for rider lineup and for just to reinvigorate the desire to have a team?
RD "It should help us, for sure. It should help the Americans, but it’s also now one week away from Monster Cup. Now it’s two weeks. It’s better [being in the U.S.], but it’s still late."
I'm actually really curious how much of a difference being in America will make to those who have in the past chosen to pass on it.
John
wfo4ever
10/2/2017 11:18am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2017 1:01am
TeamGreen wrote:
Replace "Monster" with Roger.

Thank you.
Sorry, I apologize for upsetting you. Riders should let Roger Decoster know their status for the MXoN not Monster Energy..
bvm111
10/2/2017 11:25am
bvm111 wrote:
You guys need to stop with this false patriotism regarding this race. As a 26 year veteran of the military I am comfortable with Eli's decision...

Get over it!
pilotdude wrote:
So all the top riders who went for decades also had "false patriotism." And all the French, Dutch, Belgian, British, they must be "false patriots" also...
So all the top riders who went for decades also had "false patriotism." And all the French, Dutch, Belgian, British, they must be "false patriots" also.

Ok.
Not talking about the riders im talking about the guys posting on here that this is directed towards that seem to be "offended" at the slightest thing.

Eli made a business decision ... get over it!
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
10/2/2017 11:53am
twotwosix wrote:
I wasn't going to say it first, because people will get pissed, but I was thinking this too. Eli choked in NY when he got the...
I wasn't going to say it first, because people will get pissed, but I was thinking this too.

Eli choked in NY when he got the Red plate and lost the Supercross title. Eli choked in the outdoors in the stretch carrying the Red plate and almost let Marvin steal the Outdoor championship. Eli won the outdoor title this year without Dungey or Roczen there and he won by one of the least amount of total points in recent history.

Carmichael, Villopoto, Dungey, hell even Roczen, none of them ever choked in situations like that. Those guys would have beaten the dog crap out of Eli in those situations and left him in a severe points deficit.
If you start the whole this guy won because this guy wasnt there debate in the AMA series all championships since Hannah's 79 250 MX title are null and void. Bell only won cause Hannah wasn't there, Baily only won cause Hannah got hurt. Stanton and JMB won because RJ had a bad injury. Reed won when RC and Stew were not there. Can say the same thing in the GPs Everts won because he didn't have to race JMB and then Albee left. AC only won cause Townly left among others and of course Herlings only won because Roczen left. Etc, there was nothing unusual about Tomac winning with guys gone, happens more often than not.

MC choked when he had to beat Emig, RV choked by breaking his leg when he had to beat RD in 2010. RD choked in 2011 steel city when he had to beat RV. Roczen just crashed himself out of his second potential SX championship and 3rd MX. The only guy who literally was aces every time was RC Unless your talking about how bad he did at the 98 and 99 MxDN some of the worst performance ever by our 125 champion especially when you factor in how dominant he was state side those years. None of those guys actually choked, it's part of racing.
10/2/2017 12:01pm
What makes me sick to the stomach at these answers of free choice and free country is the lack of respect to the sport of motocross.

The Motocross des Nations is the most prestigious race of the sport. So much history is tied to it, yet people jump onto the bandwagon of the sponsors.

My question to those who agree with that is, where is your heart for the sport? Mxdesnations was NEVER about money, so why the arguments supporting riders about risk and monetary reward?

Even if our sport is losing money, and riders are spending momey to participate in the event, SURELY some things are worth defending????!!!???

Mxdesnations is something special, we ALL should fight to protect it. Bottom line is so many of your attitudes are, winning first to the detriment of an historical motocross event. PATHETIC!!!!!

Post a reply to: Decline to ride for your country for no good reason, forced to sit out your next home nations?

The Latest