Death at Loretta's???

Rim Lock
7/30/2008 8:39pm
I didn't know Ray but my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

So sorry....

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
7/30/2008 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:50pm
CamP wrote:
That's my biggest fear when I ride. Bad deal.
It's just awful. My heart goes out to his family

[sarcasm]
But everyone knows most bad crashes don't happen on jumps. And the sport doesn't need to change anything.
[/sarcasm]
7/30/2008 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2008 10:09pm
Through lots of observation, I also think that flaggers at lorettas suck. I would post up some proof but I feel now isnt the right time or the right thread to do so.

The Shop

Billybob
7/30/2008 10:18pm
Rim Lock wrote:
I didn't know Ray but my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

So sorry....

+1
teggers
7/30/2008 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:50pm
Through lots of observation, I also think that flaggers at lorettas suck. I would post up some proof but I feel now isnt the right time...
Through lots of observation, I also think that flaggers at lorettas suck. I would post up some proof but I feel now isnt the right time or the right thread to do so.
The flaggers had nothing to do with this and for you to blame the flaggers (and ultimately - the management) at this event without your actual knowledge of the situation means you just post shit on here just to see your words in "print". I know - first hand, from the rider - 45 minutes ago - that the flaggers had nothing to do with it.

The flaggers and track personel at this race at LL's are the best that I have ever had the privilidge of riding with and to clearly blame them without the knowledge of the situation is juvenile and irresponsible.

Go away.
drmarkr
7/30/2008 11:55pm
Through lots of observation, I also think that flaggers at lorettas suck. I would post up some proof but I feel now isnt the right time...
teggers wrote:
The flaggers had nothing to do with this and for you to blame the flaggers (and ultimately - the management) at this event without your actual...
The flaggers had nothing to do with this and for you to blame the flaggers (and ultimately - the management) at this event without your actual knowledge of the situation means you just post shit on here just to see your words in "print". I know - first hand, from the rider - 45 minutes ago - that the flaggers had nothing to do with it.

The flaggers and track personel at this race at LL's are the best that I have ever had the privilidge of riding with and to clearly blame them without the knowledge of the situation is juvenile and irresponsible.

Go away.
+1 on that.

How have your motos gone, Tim?? I can't find any friggin results on the Vet classes....

Give us a report.

MR
Yamaha24
7/31/2008 12:00am
flarider wrote:
If there is anything I/we can do to help get him home or anything else, please ask
Joe said that he had everything from that point takin care of and was heading back to ohio....He is going to keep in touch because ray has no family here in colorado, and they might need help taking care of his house, van, trailor..ect

I will keep you guys posted if anything can be done

Thanks
sc961
7/31/2008 4:51am
teggers wrote:
The flaggers had nothing to do with this and for you to blame the flaggers (and ultimately - the management) at this event without your actual...

Go away.
Anyone that's been to LL's knows the event is run top notch, right down to the flagging people.

Condolences to the Lang family.
flarider
7/31/2008 5:03am
I agree
LL's is very well run and those flaggers take it very seriously, as does management
suzukirm12594 is full of shit and I am willing to bet never even been to LL's
mxtweeker
7/31/2008 5:09am
Another reason why i dont want my kids to ride and why i dont ride much anymore..
RIP ray....
BMSOB
7/31/2008 7:00am
Very sad. Sincere condolences to the Lang family.
JDubinCO
7/31/2008 7:14am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:50pm
Tribute to Ray Lang

A Dear Friend has breached the thin vale we all know. Let all of us, the captivated & entrenched, celebrate the memories & countless brilliant quips, we shared with Ray! I can honestly say, that my life was enriched by His Friendship. R.I.P. Brother!
artdcat
7/31/2008 7:33am
We are/were one of Ray's employer's. Ray sold Castle X snow apparel, HJC helmets and Streetwear apparel for us, Castle Sales, in Colorado. He was only with us since February but he made a great impact on everybody who met him. Super, super guy. Everything we've heard has pointed to severe chest trauma- a puntured lung with internal bleeding- as the cause of his untimely death. Whether he was landed on or tangled in mid-air with another rider is up for speculation from what we understand. If you can confirm more, please shed light on the subject. Godspeed, Ray-man.
Yamaha24
7/31/2008 8:34am
artdcat wrote:
We are/were one of Ray's employer's. Ray sold Castle X snow apparel, HJC helmets and Streetwear apparel for us, Castle Sales, in Colorado. He was only...
We are/were one of Ray's employer's. Ray sold Castle X snow apparel, HJC helmets and Streetwear apparel for us, Castle Sales, in Colorado. He was only with us since February but he made a great impact on everybody who met him. Super, super guy. Everything we've heard has pointed to severe chest trauma- a puntured lung with internal bleeding- as the cause of his untimely death. Whether he was landed on or tangled in mid-air with another rider is up for speculation from what we understand. If you can confirm more, please shed light on the subject. Godspeed, Ray-man.
His Mechanic told me that he collided with another rider in the air and that riders handel bar had hit ray in the chest...he was wearing a chest protector. He had no broken bones. He said his lungs filled up with blood preventing him to breath. He was unconscious but he said his helmet was in perfect condition so they dont beleive there was any head trauma.
madshoulder
7/31/2008 11:18am
Ray and I were bud's in college and he LOVED motocross, BMX and as artdcat said, snowboarding. He was a pilot, too. He lived on the edge and if he had to go, it would have been doing something he loved.
The above story sounds accurate. I got the actual one this morning and it is the same. Nobody's fault, just a freak accident. I pray for the other rider.
I have great memories of Ray and pictures to cherish. Truth is, we are all gonna go, I just hope the adrinaline helped ease the pain.

RIP Ray-Godspeed Dude-Make them all laugh in heaven!
WIGSPLITTER
7/31/2008 11:31am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2013 11:29am
mxtweeker wrote:
Another reason why i dont want my kids to ride and why i dont ride much anymore..
RIP ray....
so when someone gets
gp
7/31/2008 12:37pm
Prayers and condolences to family and friends.
blair
7/31/2008 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:51pm
There will be a service in Ray's honor held on Monday August 4th at Cawley & Peoples funeral home in Marietta. Here is the website. http://www.cawleyandpeoples.com. Thank you everyone for the kind words and prayers for the family, I know Ray's mom Jackie will be glad to see the positive effect Ray has had on so many lives.
mxtweeker
7/31/2008 12:52pm
mxtweeker wrote:
RIP ray....
so when someone gets
No i walk to work.. I dont ski.. I dont ride my mt bike anymore.. I know people who have been killed and paralyzed on a dirt cycle.. Come on dipshit, i am just talking in the moment.. With the amount of people getting killed in the last 5 or so years the sport of MX is not looking good to me anymore.. I been around the block, been racing for 25 years and have seen things change.. Just my opinion though..
peeps sr
7/31/2008 12:57pm
mxtweeker wrote:
RIP ray....
so when someone gets
mxtweeker wrote:
No i walk to work.. I dont ski.. I dont ride my mt bike anymore.. I know people who have been killed and paralyzed on a...
No i walk to work.. I dont ski.. I dont ride my mt bike anymore.. I know people who have been killed and paralyzed on a dirt cycle.. Come on dipshit, i am just talking in the moment.. With the amount of people getting killed in the last 5 or so years the sport of MX is not looking good to me anymore.. I been around the block, been racing for 25 years and have seen things change.. Just my opinion though..
...and a very educated opinion at that.

Thanks!
blair
7/31/2008 1:14pm
There is a time and a place for that discussion. Please don't make it in this thread.

Thank you.

God Speed Ray! We will miss you brother!!!!
teggers
7/31/2008 11:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2008 11:38pm
I'm so sorry for your loss.
7/31/2008 11:58pm
Didn't know the guy, but it's very cool to see all these first time posters in this thread talking about a friend that will be missed.

Sorry for the loss.
FIFIFO
8/1/2008 5:55am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:51pm
mxtweeker wrote:
RIP ray....
so when someone gets
Wigsplitter, Joel(mxtweeker) has accomplished more with a dirt bike then you could ever dream of...respect that.
I'm with him on this one, I've been riding since I was 4 years old on a Indian 50(I'm 36 now) & as you get older and start a family you'll see what he's talking about. I'll ride for many more years(god willing) and I'm sure tweeker will too but not as much & at a different level then in years past.

I respect Blair's comment but I just had to say what was on my mind...sorry brotha.
WIGSPLITTER
8/1/2008 7:42am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2013 11:31am
mxtweeker wrote:
RIP ray....
so when someone gets
FIFIFO wrote:
Wigsplitter, Joel(mxtweeker) has accomplished more with a dirt bike then you could ever dream of...respect that. I'm with him on this one, I've been riding since...
Wigsplitter, Joel(mxtweeker) has accomplished more with a dirt bike then you could ever dream of...respect that.
I'm with him on this one, I've been riding since I was 4 years old on a Indian 50(I'm 36 now) & as you get older and start a family you'll see what he's talking about. I'll ride for many more years(god willing) and I'm sure tweeker will too but not as much & at a different level then in years past.

I respect Blair's comment but I just had to say what was on my mind...sorry brotha.
fififo....
JustMX
8/2/2008 9:39pm
What Teggers ad Dave said........

Go away you moron.....

Post a reply to: Death at Loretta's???

The Latest