Dear dirtbike riding gear manufacturers

TX24
11/3/2010 6:17am
Put a small pocket on some of the gear anywhere.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1267th
11/3/2010 6:27am
Like this one? Wink

and it got a internet tiny pocket for your car keys Smile
mikem
11/3/2010 6:39am
Make the inside of the knee out of a material that wont get ripped to shreds by your knee braces after one ride. That would be good.
downandup
11/3/2010 8:54am
TX24 wrote:
Put a small pocket on some of the gear anywhere.
TLD does already on the top right inside.

The Shop

86honda
11/3/2010 9:27am
They get all their feed back from guys and girls who get their gear for free. They wear it one time and chunk it or sign it and sell it or give it away. Sooooooooooo it aint made to last. Thats how you sell more crappy gear. Send your crappy gear back to the manf. and they will get the message. Or maybe not>
Motodude
11/3/2010 10:48pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2010 10:53pm
I'm not so concerned about the longevity of the gear because they are all very good, or pockets because thats why they made bumbags. Its more about the total shit designs available.

Thanks Shenzi, I have a set of Diadora pants which look ok but melt on contact with anything warm, maybe the new ones are better.

Today I got some No Fear pants because they offered the best construction and a design that didnt put me into an epileptic fit when I look at them. There were 6 of us guys wondering what to get in the clothing section at the big moto emporium today, all agreeing non of us would even wear that shit to a halloween party!

just sayin
11/4/2010 2:39am
the new No Fear looks really good, not too flashy, kinda looks like some of the old school no fear
Xerxes
11/4/2010 2:45am
I thought this Ricoo stuff was pretty cool - nice and simple and stylish.

Website -
http://www.ricoo.it/

BTW if you visit the website turn your speakers DOWN!

E-man811
11/4/2010 7:05am
Shenzi wrote:
Like this one? ;) [img]http://www.dainese.com/media/catalog/product/cache/206/front_image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/3/7/3769204_858_F_S_7.png[/img] and it got a internet tiny pocket for your car keys :)
Like this one? Wink

and it got a internet tiny pocket for your car keys Smile
Ok. So why can't I find these pants on the Dainese website?

Save for my incompetence.
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
11/4/2010 7:26am
Xerxes wrote:
I thought this[b] Ricoo[/b] stuff was pretty cool - nice and simple and stylish. Website - http://www.ricoo.it/ BTW if you visit the website turn your speakers...
I thought this Ricoo stuff was pretty cool - nice and simple and stylish.

Website -
http://www.ricoo.it/

BTW if you visit the website turn your speakers DOWN!

There are some pretty nice designs available. Thanks for the info!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
11/4/2010 7:31am
I think the gear companies do a pretty good job these days coming up with offerings for all tastes. I gravitate towards the more traditional "race" type colorways, and most companies have something that fits the bill. Shop online, not in a moto emporium targeted to kids.
Big Daddy
11/4/2010 7:32am
http://www.thejtracing.com/

I'm hoping these guys will straighten them all out! We can only wait and hope! Looks like I'm not the only one who's tired of seeing all of the "shower curtain" gear out there. It's time for things to start making sense again!
sdfog1
11/4/2010 8:50am
Most of the Fly gear this year is really good looking to me. I'm not a huge fan of the yellow/blue/purple colorway, but everything else looks great. Their new purple/orange evolution gear is the best looking gear I've ever had.
Kinetic1
11/4/2010 8:59am
I will never buy FLY gear. They pissed me off big time for not asking if they could use my username for their Kinetic racewear.Angry
Titan1
11/4/2010 9:09am
I couldn't agree more with the OP....the gear designes these days SUCK!!!!!! And the quality sucks!

I bought some fox 360 pants, and within about 3 or 4 rides the leather on the inside of the knees had holes in them. I don't understand how that is even remotely acceptible to any company.....

Get some decent designs....a pocket...and better qualify pants (at least on the inside of the knees), and I'll be a happy gear buyer.
Adam43
11/4/2010 10:17am
It seems most of the larger companies "premium" or featured lines are the ones with the wilder designs...which I largely don't care for either.

But if you look at some of their other lines, usually the cheaper ones, you can get more traditional looking stuff. And those lines are honestly better than ever. Generally its quality stuff and the looks have really improved (the Fox 180 and Answer Synchron etc)
muGz.147
Fantasy
1922nd
11/4/2010 10:26am
Titan1 wrote:
I couldn't agree more with the OP....the gear designes these days SUCK!!!!!! And the quality sucks! I bought some fox 360 pants, and within about 3...
I couldn't agree more with the OP....the gear designes these days SUCK!!!!!! And the quality sucks!

I bought some fox 360 pants, and within about 3 or 4 rides the leather on the inside of the knees had holes in them. I don't understand how that is even remotely acceptible to any company.....

Get some decent designs....a pocket...and better qualify pants (at least on the inside of the knees), and I'll be a happy gear buyer.
Take a breath!! Your spelling "sucks" when you're so worked up Wink

What type of knee braces do you wear? Or do you wear them at all? I've been wearing nothing but Fox since 2004, and I have over 15 sets of gear at home. I've had ONE pair of pants where this happened and it was a fluke, very remote.

What's funny about this VERY common thread to me is this...people see an outfit or two that they don't really care for, and then they start a thread trashing designers and/or companies for their product. Now this shouldn't surprise me as much as the riders get trashed on this forum. The companies, designers, and anybody else the keyboard commandos decide to target should be free game too I suppose. However, most of these gear companies HAVE a separate line or a model of gear that's a more basic colorway and look. Fox for example, has 360/HC180/and MX Tech. All of these have a more conservative look and basic colorway. So for the guy who may not be a huge fan of Riot, Vamplifier, Victory, or Steel Faith...you still have options.

People are so fast to jump on here and bash away. I'm not sure if it's a fascination with the response they'll get on forums, lack of effort in finding what they really want, or just a basic need to whine about something. Either way...it's a topic that is getting really tired. Perhaps a PVC rainsuit in Blue, Yellow, or Black would fit the bill for some of these people. Nice and plain!! Woohoo
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
11/4/2010 10:29am
If fox was smart at all, they would sell there retro gear. Modern production with retro look would be amazing.
downandup
11/4/2010 10:34am
Where can you get this Ricoo gear? I went to the website and couldn't find a dealership.
noob
11/4/2010 10:40am
Small pocket? What... nobody uses a balloon and dab of vaseline anymore?
Titan1
11/4/2010 10:55am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 10:57am
Titan1 wrote:
I couldn't agree more with the OP....the gear designes these days SUCK!!!!!! And the quality sucks! I bought some fox 360 pants, and within about 3...

muGz.147 wrote:
Take a breath!! Your spelling "sucks" when you're so worked up ;) What type of knee braces do you wear? Or do you wear them at...
Take a breath!! Your spelling "sucks" when you're so worked up Wink

What type of knee braces do you wear? Or do you wear them at all? I've been wearing nothing but Fox since 2004, and I have over 15 sets of gear at home. I've had ONE pair of pants where this happened and it was a fluke, very remote.

What's funny about this VERY common thread to me is this...people see an outfit or two that they don't really care for, and then they start a thread trashing designers and/or companies for their product. Now this shouldn't surprise me as much as the riders get trashed on this forum. The companies, designers, and anybody else the keyboard commandos decide to target should be free game too I suppose. However, most of these gear companies HAVE a separate line or a model of gear that's a more basic colorway and look. Fox for example, has 360/HC180/and MX Tech. All of these have a more conservative look and basic colorway. So for the guy who may not be a huge fan of Riot, Vamplifier, Victory, or Steel Faith...you still have options.

People are so fast to jump on here and bash away. I'm not sure if it's a fascination with the response they'll get on forums, lack of effort in finding what they really want, or just a basic need to whine about something. Either way...it's a topic that is getting really tired. Perhaps a PVC rainsuit in Blue, Yellow, or Black would fit the bill for some of these people. Nice and plain!! Woohoo
I'm not actually worked up at all. Just in a hurry, and when I'm in a hurry, I do tend to get a little sloppy on the spelling, grammar and punctuation.

It sounds like you work for fox?

And the the fox gear that fox makes their pro riders wear is absolutely disgusting....I can't believe anyone that isn't cashing a check from fox would wear that crap. It's just ugly.

And why can't they (all gear manufactures) get another and/or better (thicker leather, maybe) material to put on the inside of the knees?

I'm a guy that buys one pair of gear every year or two, and wash it every time I wear it (I usually only ride once a month, if that), and EVERY brand of gear I've owned that had leather on the inside of the knee has eventually worn out and got holes in the knees. Some faster than others, but the fox gear I have now, wore the fastest BY FAR!
muGz.147
Fantasy
1922nd
11/4/2010 11:26am
I don't work for Fox. I'm not affiliated with them, and my comments are mine and mine alone. I've been a fan of the brand ever since I saw Ricky Johnson wearing the stuff on a #5 Honda. I'm also a local dealer in middle America so I see a lot of this stuff, and I've dealt with every brand out there. To say I have the product knowledge to form an opinion on this subject would be accurate.

The gear that Fox suits their pro riders in makes people talk (which is obvious by the threads generated over the subject every few weeks in these forums). Whether it's Damon Bradshaw with zebra stripes or spiderwebs, Robbie Reynard during the IMAGE campaign with wild colors and polka-dots, or Ryan Dungey with the variety of uni's you've seen him in recently...it's about innovation. Fox is one of the most innovative companies on the planet...it's undeniable. It pops, it gets your attention, makes people talk, and furthermore (whether you believe it or not), it SELLS!!

As far as quality is concerned. You'll get the occasional issues with any brand. This stuff takes abuse and sometimes things happen, and deterioration happens. Like I said, I've worn this stuff since 2004' and I can only remember one pair of pants that failed on me. I still have stuff from back then that I could wear right now and it's in incredible shape. If it's specifically the knee area that you have a gripe about, I suggest you purchase a set of Platinum pants. The knees are bulletproof!! I wear Asterisk knee braces and haven't blown through a set of knees yet in any of my multiple pairs.

Just my .02. Good talking to you either way man!!
VEGAS711
11/4/2010 12:48pm
muGz.147 wrote:
I don't work for Fox. I'm not affiliated with them, and my comments are mine and mine alone. I've been a fan of the brand ever...
I don't work for Fox. I'm not affiliated with them, and my comments are mine and mine alone. I've been a fan of the brand ever since I saw Ricky Johnson wearing the stuff on a #5 Honda. I'm also a local dealer in middle America so I see a lot of this stuff, and I've dealt with every brand out there. To say I have the product knowledge to form an opinion on this subject would be accurate.

The gear that Fox suits their pro riders in makes people talk (which is obvious by the threads generated over the subject every few weeks in these forums). Whether it's Damon Bradshaw with zebra stripes or spiderwebs, Robbie Reynard during the IMAGE campaign with wild colors and polka-dots, or Ryan Dungey with the variety of uni's you've seen him in recently...it's about innovation. Fox is one of the most innovative companies on the planet...it's undeniable. It pops, it gets your attention, makes people talk, and furthermore (whether you believe it or not), it SELLS!!

As far as quality is concerned. You'll get the occasional issues with any brand. This stuff takes abuse and sometimes things happen, and deterioration happens. Like I said, I've worn this stuff since 2004' and I can only remember one pair of pants that failed on me. I still have stuff from back then that I could wear right now and it's in incredible shape. If it's specifically the knee area that you have a gripe about, I suggest you purchase a set of Platinum pants. The knees are bulletproof!! I wear Asterisk knee braces and haven't blown through a set of knees yet in any of my multiple pairs.

Just my .02. Good talking to you either way man!!
I am calling Bullshit. It is obvious by your LE MARS, IA address you must be the national sales manager for Fox.TongueWinkTongue

Post a reply to: Dear dirtbike riding gear manufacturers

The Latest