Deano USGP?

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 7:37pm
He didn't have much of a showing in Charlotte. Anyone know what happened? Looks like a 2nd moto DNF but 16th in moto1???
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
9/4/2016 7:48pm
His last 2 races have been poor results but the bright side is he is out there racing and not out injured.
51xc
9/4/2016 8:04pm
I think he didn't do himself a favour with this race. no idea where he will end up but I have a feeling we will see him in canada next season.
Lunch_Box
9/4/2016 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 9:23pm
Seems way to good at supercross to be up in Canada. Certainly hope his career hasn't come to that yet. Hope he can get at least 1 year healthy in the big boy class to prove what he's worth.

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
9/4/2016 8:52pm
Wait until tomorrow. You will have a few people chime in that say he deserves a ride. He needs to come back from his injuries and prove that he deserves a ride. He has talent, but needs to keep it on two wheels.
djc
9/4/2016 9:03pm
I think dean has showed enough in his few races back to deserve a good ride still. He may not deserve the same pay grade but I mean if you had to pick a second rider that has potential to do really well I would say he has the potential to put in the best result. I'm not sure who is looking for a ride but only guy I see that is similar is Bogle. Then you have the tickle, peick, Weimer group. If I could see someone that could win a race let,s say if everything fell into place it would be Wilson over Bogle
9/4/2016 10:51pm
Wish KTM Canada and KTM USA could work out an arrangement where he would ride the US supercross and then come up for Canadian MX on Davi's ride. Share costs give Dean a year of practice in triple A to get up to speed and get confidence back.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
9/4/2016 11:20pm
The one thing that really set Dean's career back was when he joined Jeff Ward Racing for 2013-2014 to start his 450 career, only for the team to fold a month later. Then it was back to the 250 and a lot of bad luck with injuries.

After the 250 titles and the momentum he had going, me thinks he woulda been up there with RD5, KR94, and ET3 battling for podiums and victories.

We, as fans, got screwed with that whole Jeff Ward Racing debacle, which had less to do with Jeff Ward himself and more with Mike Kranyak. Whistling
Motofinne
9/5/2016 12:19am
Like 51xc said, Dean didn't do himself any favors with that race. I expected a top 10 finish from him, he has been 5-10th in the few US nationals that raced.

Anyone know if he is going to line up at GH?
agn5009
9/5/2016 1:40am
djc wrote:
I think dean has showed enough in his few races back to deserve a good ride still. He may not deserve the same pay grade but...
I think dean has showed enough in his few races back to deserve a good ride still. He may not deserve the same pay grade but I mean if you had to pick a second rider that has potential to do really well I would say he has the potential to put in the best result. I'm not sure who is looking for a ride but only guy I see that is similar is Bogle. Then you have the tickle, peick, Weimer group. If I could see someone that could win a race let,s say if everything fell into place it would be Wilson over Bogle
That's just crazy. Bogle looked fantastic before his injury. He was grabbing top tens when the field was still deep. The only reason Wilson was pulling top 10s toward the end of the season is because the majority of the top guys were out. Same goes for tickle. He was flying Midway through the season. With Dungey, Anderson, Baggett, Tickle, Bogle, Seely, Canard, Stewart (ok may be a stretch on this one) out Wilson would have hovered around 20th instead of 10th. If Bogle hadnt gotten injured he would have been around 5th.

I like Dean and I hope he can pull things together but he did nothing to prove he deserves a great ride.
Motofinne
9/5/2016 3:03am
djc wrote:
I think dean has showed enough in his few races back to deserve a good ride still. He may not deserve the same pay grade but...
agn5009 wrote:
That's just crazy. Bogle looked fantastic before his injury. He was grabbing top tens when the field was still deep. The only reason Wilson was pulling...
That's just crazy. Bogle looked fantastic before his injury. He was grabbing top tens when the field was still deep. The only reason Wilson was pulling top 10s toward the end of the season is because the majority of the top guys were out. Same goes for tickle. He was flying Midway through the season. With Dungey, Anderson, Baggett, Tickle, Bogle, Seely, Canard, Stewart (ok may be a stretch on this one) out Wilson would have hovered around 20th instead of 10th. If Bogle hadnt gotten injured he would have been around 5th.

I like Dean and I hope he can pull things together but he did nothing to prove he deserves a great ride.
I would not like to be as negative as you are on the Wilson case, but i agree. He did nothing to prove that he deserves a factory ride.

I really like Dean and i hope he can get a ride with a competitive team but the ridiculously thin US 450 field(beacuse of all the injuries) has done him a favor all these weeks. The GP 450 class is way deeper and we all saw what happened, 16-31 isn't good enough for a guy like Dean.
agn5009
9/5/2016 3:38am
djc wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
That's just crazy. Bogle looked fantastic before his injury. He was grabbing top tens when the field was still deep. The only reason Wilson was pulling...

Motofinne wrote:
I would not like to be as negative as you are on the Wilson case, but i agree. He did nothing to prove that he deserves...
I would not like to be as negative as you are on the Wilson case, but i agree. He did nothing to prove that he deserves a factory ride.

I really like Dean and i hope he can get a ride with a competitive team but the ridiculously thin US 450 field(beacuse of all the injuries) has done him a favor all these weeks. The GP 450 class is way deeper and we all saw what happened, 16-31 isn't good enough for a guy like Dean.
I'm not trying to be negative, because I really like Dean and hope he pulls it all together. I'm just being realistic.
hvaughn88
9/5/2016 3:51am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 4:05am
When you start looking at the number of riders in the 450 class that have won either a 250 regional title or outdoor title, it becomes pretty clear that the 450 class is a game of musical chairs and someone will be left without a chair. Compound that with the fact that guys seems to be riding longer than they used to and it's a recipe potentially for more riders than rides. Just think about all the riders in the 450's that have a title to their name (in either class): dungey, Kenny, reed, tomac, trey, stew, barcia, weimer, bogle, tickle, bagget, Hahn, musquin, Webb, deano, pourcel, millsaps and I'm probably forgetting some more
Starcrossed
9/5/2016 4:09am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 8:15am
djc wrote:
Supposedly, Bogle and Tickle will be with RCH next year. Something will turn up for Dean, although he hasn't done himself any favors at Ironman or the Charlotte GP.
machine
9/5/2016 7:51am
pbody wrote:
The one thing that really set Dean's career back was when he joined Jeff Ward Racing for 2013-2014 to start his 450 career, only for the...
The one thing that really set Dean's career back was when he joined Jeff Ward Racing for 2013-2014 to start his 450 career, only for the team to fold a month later. Then it was back to the 250 and a lot of bad luck with injuries.

After the 250 titles and the momentum he had going, me thinks he woulda been up there with RD5, KR94, and ET3 battling for podiums and victories.

We, as fans, got screwed with that whole Jeff Ward Racing debacle, which had less to do with Jeff Ward himself and more with Mike Kranyak. Whistling
I forgot about that, I'm sure that played a big part for sure.
visser62
9/5/2016 8:05am
Dean said he was running 7th in Charlotte in the first moto before crashing back to being outside of the top 20.
tmx860
9/5/2016 9:15am
He hasn't looked the same since he got up in Seattle 2012 holding his shoulder
Flatliner
9/5/2016 11:25am
djc wrote:
Supposedly, Bogle and Tickle will be with RCH next year. Something will turn up for Dean, although he hasn't done himself any favors at Ironman or...
Supposedly, Bogle and Tickle will be with RCH next year. Something will turn up for Dean, although he hasn't done himself any favors at Ironman or the Charlotte GP.
One race does not a career make. He's a national champion, his only problem has been injuries, not speed.

He's won plenty of races while healthy. More than tickle, weimer or bogle. ( and I like all of those guys too).
davistld01
9/5/2016 12:23pm
Dean knows Charlotte might've been his last ride on the factory KTM...in fact, he posted a pic of the bike on either Twitter or Instagram saying it was his last ride. That has a tendency to mess with a riders mind, so his poor SMX finish doesn't surprise me.

Know what? I believe DeCoster likes the kid, and might have a hand in where he ends up in '17.
gt80rider
9/5/2016 12:37pm
tmx860 wrote:
He hasn't looked the same since he got up in Seattle 2012 holding his shoulder
This is truth... Like the guy, but he hasnt shown top 3 speed since then...
9/5/2016 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 12:43pm
Electro21 No need to wait 24 hours
I'm here now to say -
Anyone who has won an actual AMA SUPERCROSS heat race in the last 12 months deserves a ride! PERIOD!
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/5/2016 7:30pm
pbody wrote:
The one thing that really set Dean's career back was when he joined Jeff Ward Racing for 2013-2014 to start his 450 career, only for the...

While I agree about you opinion of Deans situation, but there's a lot of elements to the Jeff Ward team. Mike Kranyak is a freind of men, I've known him for 15+ years. Way before he even considered starting his own team. Mike is a very smart/ successful guy and his L&M Racing team was the only team in the pits that actually MADE money. The involvement of San Manuel made it possible to hire guys like Chad Reed and James Stewart. To come out of nowhere and put himself in a situation to be able to hire guys of that caliber, says a lot about him, IMO.

The Jeff Ward team was kinda rocky from the get go and Dean was warned of the possiblility of the team not getting the support it needed, but he chose to gamble and it bit him. I'm not saying that the team warned him, but he WAS warned. It's been a roller coaster ride for him since then, you are correct about that for sure. Hopefully Dean will find something to keep him on a descent bike here in the US, I'd hate to see him have to consider riding somewhere else, but it might be his only option, unless ne of the teams decid to add a rider or one of the guys who are expecting to sign a contract, end up not doing so....

Post a reply to: Deano USGP?

The Latest