Dean Wilson team GB

swaz
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:29am
surely steve dixon has to get him on the team, he has stated that he wants to ride for us so make it happen.
|
Rooster
7/17/2010 3:47pm
Take him, he's yours.

Our system is too fucked up to give him the chance he needs. He deserves better.
DanDunes818
7/17/2010 3:48pm
Yeah I'm pretty sure from what I've heard of late that he'll be riding for you guys. Which IMO opinion makes sense. The kid is Scottish.
swaz
7/17/2010 3:48pm
Rooster wrote:
Take him, he's yours.

Our system is too fucked up to give him the chance he needs. He deserves better.
mate the acu isnt much better.
swaz
7/17/2010 3:51pm
Yeah I'm pretty sure from what I've heard of late that he'll be riding for you guys. Which IMO opinion makes sense. The kid is Scottish.
hope so especially with it been in america and on a track he knows, the kids got a bright future.

The Shop

DanDunes818
7/17/2010 4:01pm
swaz wrote:
hope so especially with it been in america and on a track he knows, the kids got a bright future.
No matter where the race is held Wilson is the best you guys have right now. It could be in England and Wilson would still spank Simpson, Searle, McKensie , and Anderson. no offense but the english talent pool is a little light right now. I expected allot more out of Searle Simpson and McKensie but they all seem to be struggling right now. What you guys need to do is put Brad Andersons drive , heart and passion into McKensie's body and you guys would have something.

Either way you guys have way more talented team than Canada .
DownSouth
7/17/2010 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 4:07pm
Put him on team Scotland then. Team him up with Billy Mackenzie and a third guy (why not Jeff Ward?). I thought Scots and Brits don't always get along.
DanDunes818
7/17/2010 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 4:22pm
Oh and I'd personally would choose Anstie over Simpson if I was Dixon. I know Sipson has had a few injuries the last year or so but he was way better when he was on the KTM jr team in 08. All he does anymore is get good starts and fade. Oh and he's really good at taking people out on his way to the back of the pack. He's gotten pretty dirty on the track lately.

If I was Dixon my team would be Wilson MX2 Searle MX1 and Anstie MX3. Three kids that have skill and enough heart to dig deep and get something done. And they know Lakewood well.
swaz
7/17/2010 4:08pm
swaz wrote:
No matter where the race is held Wilson is the best you guys have right now. It could be in England and Wilson would still spank...
No matter where the race is held Wilson is the best you guys have right now. It could be in England and Wilson would still spank Simpson, Searle, McKensie , and Anderson. no offense but the english talent pool is a little light right now. I expected allot more out of Searle Simpson and McKensie but they all seem to be struggling right now. What you guys need to do is put Brad Andersons drive , heart and passion into McKensie's body and you guys would have something.

Either way you guys have way more talented team than Canada .
agree. im a amassive searle fan and a mac 211 fan but were seriously lacking in talent at the mo, just look at the gp's mx1! simpson has stuggled since his crash and injuries at the pre season intenational at hawkstone. id have to go with anstie mx 2 searle mx1 and wilson open class, all have experience on the track and country and probably better than what we have back home. no offence lads.
swaz
7/17/2010 4:11pm
DownSouth wrote:
Put him on team Scotland then. Team him up with Billy Mackenzie and a third guy (why not Jeff Ward?). I thought Scots and Brits don't...
Put him on team Scotland then. Team him up with Billy Mackenzie and a third guy (why not Jeff Ward?). I thought Scots and Brits don't always get along.
would be a good team, mac 211 wilson and simpson.
DanDunes818
7/17/2010 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 4:14pm
swaz. I like Billy Mac too but the guy seems to quit allot in the middle of races. Or he crashes. he seems to be doing well in Australia but only the motos he tries in. I guess you guys need a experienced 450 rider on the team but I'd still pick Max over billy.
Asher
7/17/2010 4:14pm
Oh and I'd personally would choose Anstie over Simpson if I was Dixon. I know Sipson has had a few injuries the last year or so...
Oh and I'd personally would choose Anstie over Simpson if I was Dixon. I know Sipson has had a few injuries the last year or so but he was way better when he was on the KTM jr team in 08. All he does anymore is get good starts and fade. Oh and he's really good at taking people out on his way to the back of the pack. He's gotten pretty dirty on the track lately.

If I was Dixon my team would be Wilson MX2 Searle MX1 and Anstie MX3. Three kids that have skill and enough heart to dig deep and get something done. And they know Lakewood well.
i like the way you think.
DownSouth
7/17/2010 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2010 4:17pm
DownSouth wrote:
Put him on team Scotland then. Team him up with Billy Mackenzie and a third guy (why not Jeff Ward?). I thought Scots and Brits don't...
swaz wrote:
I didn't realize Simpson was Scottish I always thought he was a Brit. I was kidding with Ward because I could not think of any other Scottish riders at the time.
swaz
7/17/2010 4:21pm
swaz. I like Billy Mac too but the guy seems to quit allot in the middle of races. Or he crashes. he seems to be doing...
swaz. I like Billy Mac too but the guy seems to quit allot in the middle of races. Or he crashes. he seems to be doing well in Australia but only the motos he tries in. I guess you guys need a experienced 450 rider on the team but I'd still pick Max over billy.
Yeh i know, from what i heard though it was more of his lifestyle and lack of training what was the problem. Was told he went to aus to get away from all his destractions. Hope he gets it together or he'll just be another nearly man.
swaz
7/17/2010 4:23pm
DownSouth wrote:
swaz wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
I didn't realize Simpson was Scottish I always thought he was a Brit. I was kidding with Ward because I could not think of any other...
I didn't realize Simpson was Scottish I always thought he was a Brit. I was kidding with Ward because I could not think of any other Scottish riders at the time.
lol! no hes a jock hate to say, would be a decent team. better than a team england dare i say it.
DownSouth
7/17/2010 4:29pm
I guess I need to refine my lingo. When I say Brit I have been referring to being English but "Great Britain/UK" actually covers England and Scotland correct? World history class was a few years ago.
swaz
7/17/2010 4:32pm
correct my friend was going to correct you but didnt want to offend you. your not he only person to do it.
jamma10
7/18/2010 3:46am
Oh and I'd personally would choose Anstie over Simpson if I was Dixon. I know Sipson has had a few injuries the last year or so...

You've mentioned Simpson being a dirty rider before, but I don't see what's given you that impression?

I may have missed an incident or two recently but I've never seen or heard of him riding dirty his whole career. He's one of the most genuine, friendly and straight up riders around, certainly over here anyway. He's a hardworker who had some shitty luck with injuries just as he was reaching the top of his game.

Trying to get back to full race fitness AND compete with the new crop of younger riders that have come through while he was out must be incredibly tough, but he seems to be improving with each GP.

Honestly, he's one of the good guys.
Sunhouse
7/18/2010 4:10am

I agree 100%
Simpson hasn´t done anything the last couple of years, and Anstie rides at least, and shows great potential. Searle is fast when healthy as Hangtown showed - maybe his speed is back up for the MXDN´s.
With Wilson, Searle and Anstie, Britain should have their best team since 1994. With all riders riding the AMA series and being familiar with the Lakewood track
burnside
7/18/2010 4:39am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 4:40am
Think something Steve Dixon was hinting at was a possible preference to KTM riders (Searle + Simpson), cause they could both jump on the 350 and ride them in the bigger classes and you'd presume that bike is easier to get on with off that bat than a 450.

But Dandunes is right, seem to be in a bit of a damp patch with our UK riders. Searle and Simpson especially seem to have gone wayward since that great season - was it 08? And Billymac is washed up!

I don't really follow the youth scene in the UK, but are there any super grommits coming up? We need a prodigy!
DanDunes818
7/18/2010 11:15am

jamma10 wrote:
You've mentioned Simpson being a dirty rider before, but I don't see what's given you that impression? I may have missed an incident or two recently...
You've mentioned Simpson being a dirty rider before, but I don't see what's given you that impression?

I may have missed an incident or two recently but I've never seen or heard of him riding dirty his whole career. He's one of the most genuine, friendly and straight up riders around, certainly over here anyway. He's a hardworker who had some shitty luck with injuries just as he was reaching the top of his game.

Trying to get back to full race fitness AND compete with the new crop of younger riders that have come through while he was out must be incredibly tough, but he seems to be improving with each GP.

Honestly, he's one of the good guys.
Jamma there haven't been any super bad incidents just a series of little ones with him. I'm sure most of the stuff is purely out of frustration when he's moving backwards. If you watch him you'll see what I mean. He loves to do stuff like cross lines in the air. He did that to Osborne on a 5th gear pinned jump at GH and I thought he was going to kill both of them. I've seen the same type stuff and other things at numerous races late last year and all throughout this season. His KTM is literally 25ft wide. I think he's the most dangerous guy to try and pass in the GP's right now and I'm sure guys think twice before trying to get around him. I'm not saying I don't like him because of it I'm just stating an opinion. In fact I respect guys that fight for every position. It's just I think Shawn crosses the line more than some. For the record in 08 I rooted for Shawn more than anyone else.

I agree that Shawn is a nice kid and seems very friendly and all but watch him closer and you'll see what I mean.. Like I said it's not any one big thing but it's a bunch of little things that are only obvious if you watch close. I guarantee the racers racing him know what I mean. What's funny is he does that stuff to Herlings to so he doesn't discriminate against team mates..lol .
BobbyM
7/18/2010 11:20am
swaz wrote:
surely steve dixon has to get him on the team, he has stated that he wants to ride for us so make it happen.
that is 100% cool...right on

Post a reply to: Dean Wilson team GB

The Latest