Dean Ferris in 2013

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2012 4:16pm
I figured he'd be coming back here to ride for Kawasaki, after not re signing with IceOne. But apparently he has signed with another team in the GP's. He hasn't specified which team yet, but he says it's "one of the best bikes in the class". Seeing as there aren't really any rides left it MX1, that leads me to believe that he has gotten something in MX2.

What team could it be? I wonder if he has something lined up with Steve Dixon?

Here's the interview BTW:

http://www.motoonline.com.au/2012/10/23/catching-up-dean-ferris-3/
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
10/22/2012 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/22/2012 11:50pm
He say's he is racing Qatar, so negative on that one

If he gets a solid MX2 ride, Australia might have a bitchin' MXdN team next year if everyone stays healthy
Crush
10/22/2012 11:52pm
Sux... He was going fast enough to do what Reedy did in 01... Seemed to be doing it pretty easy which is the main thing...
10/23/2012 2:07am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I figured he'd be coming back here to ride for Kawasaki, after not re signing with IceOne. But apparently he has signed with another team in...
I figured he'd be coming back here to ride for Kawasaki, after not re signing with IceOne. But apparently he has signed with another team in the GP's. He hasn't specified which team yet, but he says it's "one of the best bikes in the class". Seeing as there aren't really any rides left it MX1, that leads me to believe that he has gotten something in MX2.

No one over here in the UK seems to know who's riding for Steve Dixon next year. Will be a great ride if he gets it.

The Shop

jemcee
10/23/2012 2:21am
it'll be a good year to be in MX2 as it's not exactly stacked.. still not easy but you know

that's if he is on Dixon
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
10/23/2012 2:29am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2012 2:30am
Yeah it is.

I really think the ride will be in MX2. MX1 is stacked, and he is probably one of the quicker riders that are still eligible for MX2
jemcee
10/23/2012 2:51am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Yeah it is. I really think the ride will be in MX2. MX1 is stacked, and he is probably one of the quicker riders that are...
Yeah it is.

I really think the ride will be in MX2. MX1 is stacked, and he is probably one of the quicker riders that are still eligible for MX2
yeah I reckon the MX2 teams are stinging to find good guys esp eligible ones
(maybe that age rule works not for the des nations though)

and I reckon he'll definitely be getting podiums dunno what he'll be able to do with that other guy though haha
jamma10
10/23/2012 3:05am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2012 3:10am
Crush wrote:
Sux... He was going fast enough to do what Reedy did in 01... Seemed to be doing it pretty easy which is the main thing...
Are you implying that he could have finished 2nd overall in the MX1 class this year, or that he would have won a GP, or both?

The kid looked pretty decent and Im glad he's staying over here, but he didn't even come close to a podium in any of the 5 GP's he entered.
steed 2.0
10/23/2012 4:03am
No one over here in the UK seems to know who's riding for Steve Dixon next year. Will be a great ride if he gets it.
I heard that Petrov is under contract by Yamaha, if that's true, he can move from KEMEA to Dixon without any problems
10/23/2012 4:30am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I figured he'd be coming back here to ride for Kawasaki, after not re signing with IceOne. But apparently he has signed with another team in...

In 2013, Ice One Racing will go with Boog and Goncalves (MX1)...
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
10/23/2012 4:36am
Didn't know they signed Goncalves. Thought they were going with Boog and that Finnish dude
10/23/2012 4:41am
steed 2.0 wrote:
I heard that Petrov is under contract by Yamaha, if that's true, he can move from KEMEA to Dixon without any problems
Petrov was riding for Suzuki Europe this year. Don't know what Petrov or Kullas are doing next year.
10/23/2012 4:48am
Petrov was riding for Suzuki Europe this year. Don't know what Petrov or Kullas are doing next year.
2013 : Petrov will ride for Yamaha Reytec and Kullas for TM-Ricci ...
mccread
10/23/2012 5:40am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2012 5:42am
Crush wrote:
er no. He wasn't he wasn't going to get second in the series in 2012 or 2013. Top ten is more realistic, that is a very good achievment for 2013 if he is riding MX1.

I think MX2 will be better for him to learn the GPs, a bit less depth, then go back to MX1 the year after. Very good rider with a lot of talent and big determination, will be good to see him back in the GPs.
themrtoad
10/23/2012 6:54am
2013 : Petrov will ride for Yamaha Reytec and Kullas for TM-Ricci ...
I really liked the Ricci team when they were running Yamahas...Chiodi and Gundersen had some really good rides on them. I hope Ricci can reestablish themselfes as one of the top teams. I have no idea how the TM 250f runs standard, but it must be quicker than the Husky, right? Both Petrov and Kullas had a year to forget btw so they also need to do something to improve their reputation.

The age rule really leaves the teams fighting to find talent. I'm pretty sure Chiodi could still run top 10's on a good bike if he was allowed. I think the rule sux big time...
10/23/2012 10:04am
Crush wrote:
I agree, he might not be up to Reedys standard, but he is for sure a top five guy in MX1 if he gets a break. Good attitude too.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
10/26/2012 8:10am
Dixon Yamaha. Called it! That's sick as
TMV
10/26/2012 8:24am
Mel Pocock is supposed to ride for Dixon in MX2. Maxime Desprey is also supposed to be under Dixon's tent but won't have Cosworth support but Rinaldi's...
steed 2.0
10/26/2012 8:30am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2012 8:30am
TMV wrote:
Mel Pocock is supposed to ride for Dixon in MX2. Maxime Desprey is also supposed to be under Dixon's tent but won't have Cosworth support but...
Mel Pocock is supposed to ride for Dixon in MX2. Maxime Desprey is also supposed to be under Dixon's tent but won't have Cosworth support but Rinaldi's...
press release http://www.mxlarge.com/news/7184-pocock-desprey-and-ferris-confirmed-mo…
Maxime Desprey ex cls, look forward to Pocock has developed rapidly last season
TMV
10/26/2012 8:47am
Young but solid team. Really look forward to seeing how they all do...
mccread
10/26/2012 9:02am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2012 9:08am
That is a very good team. Pocock and Desprey are both going to be top ten guys and Ferris could be top five with some podiums. Desprey could really suprise some people, very good rider from emx2.

MX2 has some pretty good young riders next year if they all stay fit (unlike last year). Going to have to be good to be top ten. Herlings though should be fine at the front, but Tonus could challenge him at times.

Twenty one Pretty good names here...

Herlings
Tonus
Tixier
Charlier
Nicholls
Gasjer
Anstie
Coldenhoff
Lieber
Ferris
Pocock
Desprey
Teilliet
Ferrandis
EBB
Lupino
Kullas
Tonkov
Butron
Petrov
Febvre
10/26/2012 9:56am
Should be fireworks between Herlings & Pocock next year. I reckon Herlings may ride dirty when he comes up against Pocock. Not that Pocock will be anywhere near Jeffrey come the racing.
10/26/2012 10:23am
mccread wrote:
That is a very good team. Pocock and Desprey are both going to be top ten guys and Ferris could be top five with some podiums...
That is a very good team. Pocock and Desprey are both going to be top ten guys and Ferris could be top five with some podiums. Desprey could really suprise some people, very good rider from emx2.

MX2 has some pretty good young riders next year if they all stay fit (unlike last year). Going to have to be good to be top ten. Herlings though should be fine at the front, but Tonus could challenge him at times.

Twenty one Pretty good names here...

Herlings
Tonus
Tixier
Charlier
Nicholls
Gasjer
Anstie
Coldenhoff
Lieber
Ferris
Pocock
Desprey
Teilliet
Ferrandis
EBB
Lupino
Kullas
Tonkov
Butron
Petrov
Febvre
Very cool looking MX2 class. We won't see much racing for the win, but behind Herlings it could get frantic. I think Ferris can go top three. He has something Chad Reed about his attitude and work ethic, not as good Reedy, probably more like Sharky results wise I think.
TMV
10/26/2012 10:34am
Very cool looking MX2 class. We won't see much racing for the win, but behind Herlings it could get frantic. I think Ferris can go top...
Very cool looking MX2 class. We won't see much racing for the win, but behind Herlings it could get frantic. I think Ferris can go top three. He has something Chad Reed about his attitude and work ethic, not as good Reedy, probably more like Sharky results wise I think.
"Very cool looking MX2 class. We won't see much racing for the win, but behind Herlings it could get frantic"

X2
Crush
10/27/2012 5:22am
Crush wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Are you implying that he could have finished 2nd overall in the MX1 class this year, or that he would have won a GP, or both...
Are you implying that he could have finished 2nd overall in the MX1 class this year, or that he would have won a GP, or both?

The kid looked pretty decent and Im glad he's staying over here, but he didn't even come close to a podium in any of the 5 GP's he entered.
I'm totally going off memory here but Reedy didn't do very well that year till the 2nd half of the season... He showed some flashes of speed, crashed a lot and then sorted it out by realising he could just ride himself into it...

Ferris was showing serious speed till he got hurt... He has got a lot of talent, the next step is not that far away.
mccread
10/27/2012 7:49am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2012 7:53am
Crush wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Are you implying that he could have finished 2nd overall in the MX1 class this year, or that he would have won a GP, or both...

Crush wrote:
I'm totally going off memory here but Reedy didn't do very well that year till the 2nd half of the season... He showed some flashes of...
I'm totally going off memory here but Reedy didn't do very well that year till the 2nd half of the season... He showed some flashes of speed, crashed a lot and then sorted it out by realising he could just ride himself into it...

Ferris was showing serious speed till he got hurt... He has got a lot of talent, the next step is not that far away.
No he wasn't. Ferris was top ten in one moto - and that is impressive, the championship is very deep now, deeper than it was when Reed rode, there are probably ten riders a similar speed to Dean as well - and thats the problem in MX1, you bcan be 5th one week and 15th the next. He wasn't going to beat Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin or Pourcel to top four in the championship. Next year in MX2 he could be top 3/5 in the championship though, very good rider and very determined.
10/27/2012 2:05pm
Should be fireworks between Herlings & Pocock next year. I reckon Herlings may ride dirty when he comes up against Pocock. Not that Pocock will be...
Should be fireworks between Herlings & Pocock next year. I reckon Herlings may ride dirty when he comes up against Pocock. Not that Pocock will be anywhere near Jeffrey come the racing.
I think he (Pocock) has already had plenty of that from Herlings. Dont think Herlings is shy at dishing it out as he comes through the field.
Crush
10/27/2012 4:16pm
jamma10 wrote:

Crush wrote:
I'm totally going off memory here but Reedy didn't do very well that year till the 2nd half of the season... He showed some flashes of...

mccread wrote:
No he wasn't. Ferris was top ten in one moto - and that is impressive, the championship is very deep now, deeper than it was when...
No he wasn't. Ferris was top ten in one moto - and that is impressive, the championship is very deep now, deeper than it was when Reed rode, there are probably ten riders a similar speed to Dean as well - and thats the problem in MX1, you bcan be 5th one week and 15th the next. He wasn't going to beat Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin or Pourcel to top four in the championship. Next year in MX2 he could be top 3/5 in the championship though, very good rider and very determined.
Forgot you were a soothsayer...

Beg my pardon, i know you're always right... Read my post... I was drawing a line between Reed and Ferris SHOWING SPEED... which for the first few races of the each season is all each did...

fuck... what is the point of bench racing when people don't even read what is written.

Post a reply to: Dean Ferris in 2013

The Latest