Dealer Expo

joe stanley
Edited Date/Time 12/12/2014 9:13am
Anyone attend Dealer Expo? Curious on exhibitor participation and attendee numbers. We opted for AIMExpo the last 2 years instead. We were very disappointed with the last Indy Dealer Expo. Thanks
|
12/10/2014 7:29am
Hoping to make it as an attendee next year..

From the vendor side, trade shows can certainly be a necessary evil. Sometimes your lack of presence is more noticed than your actual attendance..

I've gotta believe that the change in venue helps. The Midwest was more central. but being able to book a family vacation to the beach, Disney etc around the whole thing should be an attendance booster in my mind..
12/10/2014 7:33am
I was shocked they even had a Chicago show and to the exhibitors that actually showed up deserve a refund. The good old days are long gone..

lukaitis9
12/10/2014 8:27am
Joe- We passed on the Chicago show this year and went to the AIMExpo in Florida. It seemed very regional with most of the dealers from the immediate area. I am curious to see what everyone thinks after the Chicago show.
ktm212
12/10/2014 8:28am
Hoping to make it as an attendee next year.. From the vendor side, trade shows can certainly be a necessary evil. Sometimes your lack of presence...
Hoping to make it as an attendee next year..

From the vendor side, trade shows can certainly be a necessary evil. Sometimes your lack of presence is more noticed than your actual attendance..

I've gotta believe that the change in venue helps. The Midwest was more central. but being able to book a family vacation to the beach, Disney etc around the whole thing should be an attendance booster in my mind..
I dont think youll have a chance to make it next year, turn out was absolutely awful, I be surprised if they do it again next year. There were no big companies there, Kawasaki and Suzuki were the only OEMs, although suzuki had a 6x6 shed and kawi had about 6 machines in their display. There weren't any distributors, Parts Unlimited has its own shows the follow some of the bigger supercross' and Tucker goes to the Florida show. Bell Helmets was there with their new Flex Moto-9 and I got my head scanned for a custom helmet (that was cool) other then that there was very little offroad stuff, Cometic, and VP might be the only other MX related products. Even the street side was atrocious. The dealer turnout was ridiculously low, the vendors were pissed, and Im sure no one came out on the green side. Like I said I dont think youll have a chance to go next year.

The Shop

MX Culture
12/10/2014 8:53am
I'm an oem rep in the Chicago territory. No dealers were talking about it before the event and I've heard nothing of it this week either.
Been to every Indy show they ever had and had a Sano booth for 5 years there also. Applied to go to this show and got denied and they wanted $200 entry fee.
Sad what has happened. I have some great memories from Indy that I will cherish forever as many other industry guys will agree.
But Aim Expo is where it's at now.
mauidex
12/10/2014 8:59am
Indy was cool but the golden age of industry trade shows was Cincinatti....................
lumpy790
12/10/2014 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 8:06pm
I wanted to see what vendors were attending and had to sign up to see and they mailed me a free ticket .... I got snowed in flying through Chicago at the end of October last year .... NFW was I going to Chicago in December!

I was told by a friend that 2 of the exibutors he knew said the 2 day show was 1.5 days to long.
DD325
12/10/2014 8:26pm
Longest 3 days of my life. Lots of rumors very few dealers.
jasonv43
12/10/2014 10:32pm
What a great idea. Let's take the struggling Indy Show, move it from cold ass February to right after Thanksgiving in cold ass Chicago.

I would love to see the Aim Expo become the show to attend but I'm still hearing that there is not enough dealers attending yet.
JW381
12/10/2014 10:36pm
I'll give this thread a total of 7 more posts before JasonV posts that pic he's itching to post. Anyone want in on this action?
jasonv43
12/10/2014 10:46pm
JW381 wrote:
I'll give this thread a total of 7 more posts before JasonV posts that pic he's itching to post. Anyone want in on this action?
That pic didn't happen in Indy. That happened at the IMS show in Long Beach. Just an FYI.Tongue

Indy was fun for many years. I'm hoping the Aim Expo can take it's place.
wfo4ever
12/11/2014 4:17am
Why bother wasting the time and money to go to any of the shows when all the new product's are all available on line to see and you can always get the same deals or even better deals staying at the shop. Plus if you have any questions just e-mail or call the company. But if you want to just party, take a mini vacation with other dealers, and talk shop it is a good place to do it. That was the best part of the shows from the past anyway.
JW381
12/11/2014 9:19am
JW381 wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
That pic didn't happen in Indy. That happened at the IMS show in Long Beach. Just an FYI.:P Indy was fun for many years. I'm hoping...
That pic didn't happen in Indy. That happened at the IMS show in Long Beach. Just an FYI.Tongue

I figured you'd post it anyway haha Wink
muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
12/11/2014 10:02am
With P.U.'s NVP up in Madison and TR's show in Texas....these shows will be rendered obsolete for sure. I loved going to Indy, and like DD said above, lots of great memories there. Chicago was a dud, as just about anyone involved with it will tell you. AIM seems to be gaining traction, but the only complaint I've heard from a handful of industry types is the inclusion of opening it to the public. That takes a different approach from vendors and participants alike. I'll be going this year either way though....Florida for a few days? Why not!?!
JG463
12/11/2014 10:05am
I worked dealer expo. We were one of the largest companies there and were dispointed in the vendors and also the turn out. That being said, if you are truly a good salesman and vendor, you will find a way for the show and evert opportunity to be successful which we did.
JG463
12/11/2014 10:06am
jasonv43 wrote:
What a great idea. Let's take the struggling Indy Show, move it from cold ass February to right after Thanksgiving in cold ass Chicago. I would...
What a great idea. Let's take the struggling Indy Show, move it from cold ass February to right after Thanksgiving in cold ass Chicago.

I would love to see the Aim Expo become the show to attend but I'm still hearing that there is not enough dealers attending yet.
I worked AIME also. It is sweet! So pumped for next year.
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
12/11/2014 10:21am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2014 10:21am
mauidex wrote:
Indy was cool but the golden age of industry trade shows was Cincinatti....................
Cincinatti was the real good old days, Great show and parties in Covington. Good stuff.
JG463
12/11/2014 10:26am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2014 10:27am
MX Culture wrote:
I'm an oem rep in the Chicago territory. No dealers were talking about it before the event and I've heard nothing of it this week either...
I'm an oem rep in the Chicago territory. No dealers were talking about it before the event and I've heard nothing of it this week either.
Been to every Indy show they ever had and had a Sano booth for 5 years there also. Applied to go to this show and got denied and they wanted $200 entry fee.
Sad what has happened. I have some great memories from Indy that I will cherish forever as many other industry guys will agree.
But Aim Expo is where it's at now.
Haha edit: Never mind Deringer. I did not read your entire post.

Did Justin Reinl tell you what I am doing for SX?
lumpy790
12/11/2014 3:53pm
AIMExpo grew in both vendors (500+) and attendees this year.
slipdog
12/11/2014 4:04pm
JW381 wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
That pic didn't happen in Indy. That happened at the IMS show in Long Beach. Just an FYI.:P Indy was fun for many years. I'm hoping...

JW381 wrote:
I figured you'd post it anyway haha Wink
Somebody post the damn picture!!!
12/12/2014 9:13am
mauidex wrote:
mgifracing wrote:
Cincinatti was the real good old days, Great show and parties in Covington. Good stuff.
Lots of rumors that the V-Twin Cinci show may open its doors back up to the mertic powersport trade, That would be cool. I always liked its central location.

Couple pictures from Chicago expo - wonder if they asked people do do booth selection for 2015?

Post a reply to: Dealer Expo

The Latest