Daytona supercross amatuer day and arenacross amatuer race

Edited Date/Time 11/14/2013 10:35am
I have looked but I can't find any info on the rc sx this year. Did they give up on it. Also has anyone ever raced any of the arenacross amatuer days if so how does the practice work. Do you get a few laps or a decent amount of practice. thanks
|
bradnelson
11/13/2013 10:52am
I have looked but I can't find any info on the rc sx this year. Did they give up on it. Also has anyone ever raced...
I have looked but I can't find any info on the rc sx this year. Did they give up on it. Also has anyone ever raced any of the arenacross amatuer days if so how does the practice work. Do you get a few laps or a decent amount of practice. thanks
RC's race information is usually on MXSports website somewhere. I doubt they have updated it yet. As for AX amatuer day....... well, hopefully you learn fast. You get a few (short) laps....maybe like 4 or 5. If you can afford it, sign up for two classes. This will give you two practices.
11/13/2013 1:48pm
I looked at mx sports but there was nothing I figure info would be out since its only four months away and most people need to plan a trip like that as for the arenacross is the track the same as the pro track and is the racing comparative to normal c class or b class at a normal district race
bradnelson
11/14/2013 4:35am
Yeah, thats a good point. You could PM DC and see if he has a guess about when info will be posted. As for AX, they tame the track down on amatuer day. Its still challenging, no question. And the competition is challenging as well. There are always sandbaggers, because no one knows what class you really belong in (a,b,c). There is a beginner class,for people that have never tried it. That is one scary class to watch.
DC
11/14/2013 5:51am
Jeff, I will crack the whip on the MX Sports side, we have been working on so many things that the site hasn't been updated.

We are definitely going back, the race means a lot to RC as well as the speedway. The event is a blast, a great opportunity to watch a supercross and then race the next couple of days, and enjoy the whole Bike Week vibe.

DC
MX Sports

The Shop

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
11/14/2013 5:58am
I have looked but I can't find any info on the rc sx this year. Did they give up on it. Also has anyone ever raced...
Areancross is 5 laps practice for every class youre in. Dont worry though, 5 is plenty the tracks are really mellow
clmartin22
11/14/2013 5:58am
Yeah we are looking at going as well but need to figure out how it fits in with the Area Qualifiers next spring and our spring break. We've had several friends make the trip and they said it was one of the best events they had been to.
11/14/2013 9:58am
Thanks dc I am putting in my vacation request now. Can't wait to get down there from cold Chicago.
11/14/2013 10:35am
bradnelson wrote:
Yeah, thats a good point. You could PM DC and see if he has a guess about when info will be posted. As for AX, they...
Yeah, thats a good point. You could PM DC and see if he has a guess about when info will be posted. As for AX, they tame the track down on amatuer day. Its still challenging, no question. And the competition is challenging as well. There are always sandbaggers, because no one knows what class you really belong in (a,b,c). There is a beginner class,for people that have never tried it. That is one scary class to watch.
Spot on. From my experiences, you get a lot of guys who have never done an Arenacross who will jump into Novice (C) and actually could do just fine in Intermediate (Cool . Definitely adds to the challenge and the track itself is still no cake walk either. Novice classes are usually pretty huge and end up having multiple heats/qualifiers.

It's been probably 4 years since I've been to an AMA Arenacross but the biggest thing they did back when my buddies and I were going to a few every year was shorten the catapult jump for Amateur day. It wasn't as far and a more gradual landing, and a little less harsh if you come up short.

Post a reply to: Daytona supercross amatuer day and arenacross amatuer race

The Latest