Daytona semifinals 450

NotCore
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 1:51pm
I cannot believe they skipped the semis on the broadcast tonight. Some of the best racing all year occurs in the semis when the top guys are trying to avoid the LCQ. Skip the semis and show filler segments like the lit pro segment basically twice, what?​
|
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
3/5/2016 10:16pm
Lamest track of the year, lamest broadcast of the year... thankfully I'll be at Toronto in person, hopefully make up for tonight! Cool
mb
3/5/2016 10:18pm
wait 3 hours, only to have the same BS delays and time fillers, yet they skip the semi's? expected they would refine the program..
moscrop940
3/5/2016 10:27pm
They have a 3 hour time slot....this track was 10-12 seconds a lap longer than average....what the hell do you guys expect?

We ALL have complained the lap times this year are to quick, but when we finally get a track with lap times of a decent length, you expect the broadcast to stay the same?

Fuck, no one here is ever satisfied
NotCore
3/5/2016 10:36pm
moscrop940 wrote:
They have a 3 hour time slot....this track was 10-12 seconds a lap longer than average....what the hell do you guys expect? We ALL have complained...
They have a 3 hour time slot....this track was 10-12 seconds a lap longer than average....what the hell do you guys expect?

We ALL have complained the lap times this year are to quick, but when we finally get a track with lap times of a decent length, you expect the broadcast to stay the same?

Drop the LCQs or the filler segments and show the racing. We watch the races to see racing. What do you not understand about that? It's a legitimate comment, and not indicative of whether One is 'satisfied'' or not.

The Shop

dkg
3/5/2016 10:43pm
moscrop940 wrote:
They have a 3 hour time slot....this track was 10-12 seconds a lap longer than average....what the hell do you guys expect? We ALL have complained...

I'd like a traditional Daytona. Lap times in the area of 1 minute 20 seconds. A Daytona style track. If they need to accommodate TV then for Daytona use the two heat 1 lcq format. Don't emasculate the tradition of the race and turn it into a poorly done, 1 lined follow the leader race. It is a one of a kind race format, they can keep it that way and still acomodate tv.
moscrop940
3/5/2016 10:46pm
moscrop940 wrote:

NotCore wrote:
Drop the LCQs or the filler segments and show the racing. We watch the races to see racing. What do you not understand about that? It's...
Drop the LCQs or the filler segments and show the racing. We watch the races to see racing. What do you not understand about that? It's a legitimate comment, and not indicative of whether One is 'satisfied'' or not.
The filler segments are great for the new fans that the promoters are trying to engage.

Look.... the hardcore Moto fan isn't going anywhere, and they know that, therefore we get the shaft....it sucks, but it's true.

We drop the LCQ's, everyone is going to bitch about that.

By your reasoning, why didn't they drop the commercials? Why not cut out track prep? Eliminate the KTM JR race, etc etc....

I'm bummed on missing the Semis too, but it's business. Learn to live with it

NotCore
3/5/2016 10:50pm
moscrop940 wrote:

NotCore wrote:
Drop the LCQs or the filler segments and show the racing. We watch the races to see racing. What do you not understand about that? It's...
moscrop940 wrote:
The filler segments are great for the new fans that the promoters are trying to engage. Look.... the hardcore Moto fan isn't going anywhere, and they...
The filler segments are great for the new fans that the promoters are trying to engage.

Look.... the hardcore Moto fan isn't going anywhere, and they know that, therefore we get the shaft....it sucks, but it's true.

By your reasoning, why didn't they drop the commercials? Why not cut out track prep? Eliminate the KTM JR race, etc etc....

I'm fairly familiar with business. Don't see why business requires cutting the racing out of the races, though. The straw man arguments you listed are comical, and I hope that's how you intended for them to be viewed.
Starcrossed
3/5/2016 10:55pm
moscrop940 wrote:

NotCore wrote:
They added these semis a couple years ago so there would be more racing for the TV broadcast, now they skip showing them. That was an extraordinarily lame move...now they're preempting the racing within the broadcast, but showing motocross content instead of dog shows and Daytona cams. Who makes these decisions? The executive producer? Fire that guy.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
3/6/2016 8:05am
it was complete bullshit.

is there any way to watch a replay of the semi's anywhere?
could anyone that was there, please recap for us? there were a lot of good riders in the semi's, I have a hard time thinking they could be recapped in 10 seconds each..

it doesn't have to be on TV, but should be available somehow some way in this day and age.
JM485
3/6/2016 8:28am
moscrop940 wrote:

NotCore wrote:
moscrop940 wrote:
The filler segments are great for the new fans that the promoters are trying to engage. Look.... the hardcore Moto fan isn't going anywhere, and they...

And this is why we get walked all over, "it's for the new fans, we have to deal with it". Well, you know what, the new fans can kiss my ass, if they can't be entertained enough with racing then move on to something else! I'm sick of this "grow the sport" crap, if that means we need to miss racing throughout the night just to have those stupid fluff pieces and interviews then it's not even close to worth it! I don't want the general public involved in this sport because the general public is stupid, inconsistent, and has no idea what the hell they actually want, they just do what they're told. Do we really want the regular stick and ball crowd involved in racing? And I can't be the only one who feels like the broadcast is directed at 5 year olds, right?

What a joke, I'm fine with the race being delayed a little, but to cut out a major portion of the broadcast is just an F-ing joke. Remember when Daytona was regular length and still live on TV, before Fox got their greedy hands in it, and before we had all those "features"?

Sorry for the rant, this isn't directed at you but at the decision making in general. I never get into the track and broadcast bashing but that put me over the edge. I don't blame rc for a bad track since he has such limited space to work with now, and I'm sure next year they will try another design, but cutting out races to fit a broadcast before they cut out those stupid fluff pieces pisses makes me want to tear someone a new one.
71Fish
3/6/2016 9:49am
Glad I skipped this debockle to go watch the fights.
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
3/6/2016 10:49am
Since it was a tape delay broadcast - they could have played the heats and given the highlights of the semi's and LCQ's.
DL
3/6/2016 11:11am
Imho the problem is that DMG ran the race, not Feld, directed the TV production and had different motives. The slightly longer lap times in no way created not enough time to air the semis. DMG chose to put the "fluff" in instead. I call BS on the race coverage and while I'm at it I'll double down on the track design. I think you'll hear from some top racers about their displeasure. One more gripe, this one directed at Jeff, RC and Ralph...... please announce the race. There are battles going on that we see on live timing that are ignored.
FI2T
3/6/2016 1:11pm
I am not a fan of the fluff but I don't get semi's. Two heats and a lcq is all I think is needed. Do these premiere riders really need so many chances to qualify? I miss the days when a bad start or tip over in a heat had concequenses. Now they just drop anchor and wait for a smaller gate (16 or less) semi. There is always the lcq if that doesn't work. Fill the dead time with an actual full gate of LITES bikes! Regardless I love the sport and for the fan base I think we get a pretty damn good show!
race
3/6/2016 1:17pm
moscrop940 wrote:

"By your reasoning, why didn't they drop the commercials?"

You know .... I think you're onto something there !

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/6/2016 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 1:41pm
FI2T wrote:
I am not a fan of the fluff but I don't get semi's. Two heats and a lcq is all I think is needed. Do these...
I am not a fan of the fluff but I don't get semi's. Two heats and a lcq is all I think is needed. Do these premiere riders really need so many chances to qualify? I miss the days when a bad start or tip over in a heat had concequenses. Now they just drop anchor and wait for a smaller gate (16 or less) semi. There is always the lcq if that doesn't work. Fill the dead time with an actual full gate of LITES bikes! Regardless I love the sport and for the fan base I think we get a pretty damn good show!
EDIT - The semi format would have helped RV several years ago when he crashed in his heat and crashed in the LCQ, when he was the points leader.

I dig the Semi format because it ultimately results in more laps, and more racing for us viewers. I also think it helps people with ADD with the shorter races, more often. We're a conditioned ADD society now days - everybody is addicted to their phones.
Steve 396
3/6/2016 1:51pm
I was surprised too. I thought I just missed them for a few seconds. Idont care about the fluff either but at least it was broadcast soon after it was over.

Post a reply to: Daytona semifinals 450

The Latest