Daytona Track

Zycki11
Edited Date/Time 3/8/2015 9:28pm
Man has that thing been tamed down to a piece of shit. I understand it helps with the amateur day following the race, but come on. If you watch the races from 05 even 09. The track was much more technical, and it slowed the pace. Instead they throw not one stupid wall, but two? I don't care if RC's name is attached to it or not, its a piece of shit much like a lot of the tracks in the last few years. Go back to having the riders design them like they did in 08.
|
hillbilly
3/8/2015 1:07pm
They tame for am day if needed so that has nothing to do with pro day.

I agree the long straight was scarry. The walls,eh,saw time made there so dont really dislike.

Really liked the tight turns.
MotoX85
3/8/2015 1:18pm
That track blew chunks, worst Daytona I have ever seen. They are making all the SX tracks worse every year.
Zycki11
3/8/2015 3:09pm
hillbilly wrote:
They tame for am day if needed so that has nothing to do with pro day. I agree the long straight was scarry. The walls,eh,saw time...
They tame for am day if needed so that has nothing to do with pro day.

I agree the long straight was scarry. The walls,eh,saw time made there so dont really dislike.

Really liked the tight turns.
Hence why I made the comment I did. I think they make it the way they do knowing amateur day follows. The tracks are getting worse and worse. Times have changed with the bikes, and the tracks are going backwards. Not a good mix.
Silliker269
3/8/2015 3:11pm
I actually liked the track , damn I was waiting for someone to pull the trigger on the wall jumps , I think JS woulda dropped the hammer

The Shop

Rdubs19
3/8/2015 3:19pm
I actually liked the track , damn I was waiting for someone to pull the trigger on the wall jumps , I think JS woulda dropped...
I actually liked the track , damn I was waiting for someone to pull the trigger on the wall jumps , I think JS woulda dropped the hammer
There was a wooden structure, like a doorway around the second one that made doubling the walls impossible. Shame cause it was doable for sure and woulda been super badass. Weston basically landed into the face of the second one in his heat.
Silliker269
3/8/2015 3:23pm
I actually liked the track , damn I was waiting for someone to pull the trigger on the wall jumps , I think JS woulda dropped...
Rdubs19 wrote:
There was a wooden structure, like a doorway around the second one that made doubling the walls impossible. Shame cause it was doable for sure and...
There was a wooden structure, like a doorway around the second one that made doubling the walls impossible. Shame cause it was doable for sure and woulda been super badass. Weston basically landed into the face of the second one in his heat.
there was room , just don't be off line lol
3/8/2015 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2015 3:47pm
I mostly liked the track Whistling

At least it had multiple race lines. Has to be hard to argue it didn't produce good racing Huh

Without the crowds support SX doesn't exist. You need bums on seats! You can't blame them for catering to the crowd somewhat.
If you were in the crowd, I'm betting you left happy.

Without that, sick ass, long straigt, you wouldn't have seen Tomac's crowd pleaser. Anyone wanna take that back? I loved that part of the track.
The drive RD#5 was getting was unfuckingbeliveable and so sweet to watch. FPM (Forward Perpetual Motion).
IWreckALot
3/8/2015 5:17pm
Am I wrong. It seemed like in years pass the lap times were closer to 90 seconds per lap and it was only 64~ second lap times last night. I do want longer lap times for at least one race per year. That track was looking ROUGH for the 450 main.
gt80rider
3/8/2015 6:50pm
Ya, not a fan of this year's Daytona track. And... if they didn't throw in that stupid 1 lined chicane the lap times would have been high 50s.
Sully
3/8/2015 7:53pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Am I wrong. It seemed like in years pass the lap times were closer to 90 seconds per lap and it was only 64~ second lap...
Am I wrong. It seemed like in years pass the lap times were closer to 90 seconds per lap and it was only 64~ second lap times last night. I do want longer lap times for at least one race per year. That track was looking ROUGH for the 450 main.
If our choices are longer lap times or live TV, I'll go with the TV.
Zycki11
3/8/2015 9:22pm
I wasn't referring to lap times. That makes perfect sense. But the whoops were not tough, the turns hardly had outsides. The jumps were nothing compared to years past. They need to find a happy place and Daytona has lost itself.

Post a reply to: Daytona Track

The Latest