Daytona Supercross

11/1/2014 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2014 7:48am
Hey everyone. This year I am planning to go to Daytona supercross. My grandma lives literally 15 min from the speedway.So I have a couple of questions for those who have been.
1. I am looking for pit passes. I am not sure how to go about this. I know it is not a Feld Event so I am in the dark on getting passes. I thought about doing the BTO Sports VIP but I cannot imagine paying 750 Per person. 3 of us are Going (My Fiancé, 2 year old which I imagine he will be free, and myself).
2. How is Bike week in Daytona? My grandma says it is hit and miss and it all depends on the weather. She said she usually stays in spruce creek community and stays away from some spots that week. We are leaving Daytona by the 9th or 10th so I figure we are just catching the beginning of Bike week.
3. When is a good time to go to Daytona Supercross? I am again use to feld where we go and get our passes in the morning and hang out all day.
Thanks for all the info in advanced
|
Bressler11
11/1/2014 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2014 9:24pm
Hey everyone. This year I am planning to go to Daytona supercross. My grandma lives literally 15 min from the speedway.So I have a couple of...
Hey everyone. This year I am planning to go to Daytona supercross. My grandma lives literally 15 min from the speedway.So I have a couple of questions for those who have been.
1. I am looking for pit passes. I am not sure how to go about this. I know it is not a Feld Event so I am in the dark on getting passes. I thought about doing the BTO Sports VIP but I cannot imagine paying 750 Per person. 3 of us are Going (My Fiancé, 2 year old which I imagine he will be free, and myself).
2. How is Bike week in Daytona? My grandma says it is hit and miss and it all depends on the weather. She said she usually stays in spruce creek community and stays away from some spots that week. We are leaving Daytona by the 9th or 10th so I figure we are just catching the beginning of Bike week.
3. When is a good time to go to Daytona Supercross? I am again use to feld where we go and get our passes in the morning and hang out all day.
Thanks for all the info in advanced
I haven't been to actual Supercross event but I have ridden a lot in florida Since you're taking the fiancé stop over at Saint Augustine, It is the oldest city in the country IMO it's kind of like Europe when you're Downtown women love that kind of shit. There's this restaurant on the water take her there and to the all the shops downtown for a night. You will thank me later. It's not very far from Daytona.
Bressler11
11/1/2014 9:26pm
Oh I have Buddy that's Close to you that Know's all about Daytona Supercross. You may know him: Mario Testa from Lodi Ohio
Thor34103
11/2/2014 3:01am
Daytona has free parking and no pit passes needed - open pits most of the day. Outside the speedway there is a vendors area that you may want to take in as well.

I've never done any of the other bike week stuff beyond what's happening at the speedway.
11/2/2014 3:34am
I'm going and am tempted to bring my dualsport down with me. Is it still legal to ride on the beach down there?

The Shop

KMC440
11/2/2014 5:31am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2014 5:32am
Leave the 2yr old with grandma.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
11/2/2014 5:57am
I'm flying in from Michigan for this race next year, should be a blast! I've never been to any SX other than Indy/Detroit
mattmatt300
11/2/2014 10:25am
Daytona is an awesome race to go to. Like someone else said, no need for put passes, you just walk right in. The car shop bays the race trams use are open air so you can see everything that's going on in the teams pits. The vendors area outside the speedway has a lot of cool stuff but it's all street. Bike Week downtown is pretty rowdy. I'd leave the kid at home and be very mindful of where I took the fiance.
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
11/2/2014 10:27am
KMC440 wrote:
This
jasonward73
11/2/2014 11:03am
Bike week is about a week to 10 day event with the last weekend being when all shit goes crazy. The SX used to be this weekend.

The past few years or so they moved it to the first weekend of bike week which really throws a buzz kill on the event for me because my buddies want to go for the craziness and street bike crap while all I want to see is the SX race and check out the vendors and new bikes. Most of the vendors are there but many show up later in the week when it starts getting busier. Main street is still main street but nothing like the last week. Therefore, my bros want to wait until weekend # 2 and I end up doing a one day trip up and back on race day then going back the next weekend with them for the craziness or just not going back at all.

All in all, if you are just going for SX and getting the hell outta there the change to the first weekend is a plus. Hotels are cheaper and the crowds/traffic aren't too bad.

If you want the full bike week experience, you'll need to wait around for the 2nd weekend.

I've going almost every year for the the past 20 or so years.

Jason
11/2/2014 5:34pm
KMC440 wrote:
Wish I could leave the 2 year old behind but I do not think she could handle him. So he gets to go to his first SX in daytona lucky guy. We are planing to get there March 4th and stay till like the 9th or 10th. I guess lucky me my grandma lives in Spruce Creek Fly In Community which is gated. She has a pool and they have restaurants in the community. So My plan is to go to the beach as much as we can until SX then maybe go to the RC Amateur SX since I know some people who are going to race that. Of course all weather pending.
sandman768
11/2/2014 6:31pm
bring alot of money, earplugs, warm coats.
John250
11/2/2014 7:24pm
Been going since 1978, Have not missed a year since 1994, The pits are open. Can get in with your tickets and watch practice and qualifiers all day. The best seats in the place are the General Admission seats in the Sprint tower. Your up high enough to see all the racing on the entire track.

Stay for the Amateur races, they are some great races, and the track is great. My son Matthew and I will be racing, haven't missed a year yet.

As for Bike Week, your in Daytona, and your a motorcycle couple, you have to experience it! Go to main st, and walk up and down and see all the sights at least once. You have seen nothing like it before.

Two of my close friends live out in the subdivisions right next to Spruce Creek, I know the area well. Your an easy 10 min drive one exit up the highway to get back to the speedway.
resetjet
11/3/2014 5:19am
There is usually an industry package. Call the speed way and see if they have it this year. GA admission (which is best) a wristband for trackside, and food all for 1/2 price. You can drive right into the infield (right side of bleachers) and park or tent camp for free. Nice to just bring an ez up and a couple chairs and hang out. Camping in an RV no hookup is dirt cheap, so long as you just pay at the gate. Coolers are allowed with beer!!!!!! No bottles. If you want to get out in a timely manner park across the street from stadium again for free and take the pedestrian bridge. Getting out of the infield takes forever.
markit
11/3/2014 5:47am
Was it daytona we use have to race our RVs across the infeild to get a good spot. LOL HAd some fun there but havnt been sence 06.
BKoonts
11/3/2014 7:26am
Daytona is unlike any other race. Pray for clear skies, trust me. 2008 and 2012 were rough nights. Rain or shine it is ALWAYS cool by the time the sun goes down. Don't let the Florida sunshine fool you. Bring sweatshirts. A huge plus is that soft sided coolers are allowed in. Have fun! Also, trackside upgrade is a sham unless you like being crammed in with 10,000 people while standing on a 30° incline for hours on end.
11/3/2014 7:40am
Im going to try to head down this year. My brother's fiances' parents have a place in Ponce Inlet, about 20 mins from the speedway.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
11/3/2014 7:48am
ponce inlet: best surfing in FL! I lived in DB for 6 years.. I miss that place like a open minded girlfriend

Post a reply to: Daytona Supercross

The Latest