David Bailey

Edited Date/Time 10/5/2014 3:00pm
Hearing RJ on the mic today brought back memories of DB6 calling supercross & motocross (one of the best announcers and riders!)

What's he up to these days?
|
daemon616
10/4/2014 3:22pm
I don't know but RJ and Weege are killing it!
10/4/2014 4:14pm
David Bailey and Art Echman (hope that's spelled right), were the best commentator'a mx has ever had.
David" the little professor" was a technition and absolutely one of the most naturally talented riders of all time.
One of my favorite riders of all time..
10/5/2014 5:22am
daemon616 wrote:
Yep, Ricky was on the pipe yesterday. Astute analyst in the booth, as the event progressed he reminded even more of Bailey style of calling things.

Can we make this a thing for supercross? Weege and RJ?
Camp332
10/5/2014 6:15am
"His scrubs are impeccable!" RJ

The Shop

MaxPower
10/5/2014 6:28am
Yea? I found RJ a little annoying. To me sometimes very annoying. He didn't suck. Hard job I know. I couldnt do it. Cant please everyone. I have a volume button i can use and i did. I had to turn the volume off for a while . Im not complaining. Could have been Jerry Bernardo. Then I'd be wishing for RJ. Great show. I'm going to get a can of Red Bull right now to thank them for the webcast

I don't feel Weege gets enough credit. I think the little guy is great at his job. To me he has done a good job as anyone ever has. Good job Jason Wiegant.

I don't like every dirt bike event how we have to explain to someone that just happened to stop between switching channels every basic term and what every rider is thinking. I feel like they are talking to real fans like children. Enough.
Gringoe
10/5/2014 6:52am
I found rj annoying in the beginning but either he grew on me or he loosened up a bit. I liked how whenever Kenny or Travis was in the booth he asked them there opinions on the racing any everything and didn't hog the mic like emig always seems to do ( to me)

Go back a couple years and watch the races where you have Todd Harris and Cameron Steele commentating. Talk about the blind leading the blind
10/5/2014 6:58am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2014 7:00am
daemon616 wrote:
Was I listening to the same broadcast?

If RJ saying the same thing over and over, starting sentences he did not know how to finish, relying on Weege to come up with words he could not is "killing it" then yes....RJ killed it. My ears that is. He killed them.

Gringoe
10/5/2014 6:59am
daemon616 wrote:
Was I listening to the same broadcast? If RJ saying the same thing over and over, starting sentences he did not know how to finish, relying...
Was I listening to the same broadcast?

If RJ saying the same thing over and over, starting sentences he did not know how to finish, relying on Weege to come up with words he could not is "killing it" then yes....RJ killed it. My ears that is. He killed them.

It works for weege
10/5/2014 7:00am
That's it, not every viewer of these events is or wants to be a rider- so having things explained a little goes a LONG way to adding value to the broadcast to the average viewer.

I would put DB (and maybe now RJ) at one end of the spectrum and RC at the other. Emig seems somewhere in the middle. All of them fast riders, but they bring very different approaches and seeming expertise to the announce booth.
10/5/2014 7:01am
I heard RJ stumble a couple times especially when TP was with them. Langston sounded pretty tight his first few times in the booth too.
freeh
10/5/2014 7:12am
RJ was ok. It was a long, live broadcast with a lot of downtime to fill. Weigandt on the other hand was his normal annoying, giggling like an idiot self. Very disappointed when I logged on and heard his voice. I would say neither one killed it yesterday. I do agree that Eckman and Bailey were the best ever though. Miss those guys a lot.
Cygnus
10/5/2014 7:26am
I heard DB is back in training for an iron man in HI or something
Gringoe
10/5/2014 7:35am
Let's be frank here, weege, or Todd Harris Ralph shaheen or Cameron Steele? I'd pick weege every time but that's just me

There has to be "that guy" to dumb it down down for the main audience
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
10/5/2014 8:19am
I must be doing something wrong. I get so into the racing I barely hear any of the announcers.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
10/5/2014 8:28am
David Bailey and Art Echman (hope that's spelled right), were the best commentator'a mx has ever had. David" the little professor" was a technition and absolutely...
David Bailey and Art Echman (hope that's spelled right), were the best commentator'a mx has ever had.
David" the little professor" was a technition and absolutely one of the most naturally talented riders of all time.
True that!!! Hearing those 2 on SpeedWorld on ESPN reminds me of growing up & being obsessed w/ moto. I love watching all those races still on YouTube. It brings back memories of not having a care in the world except not missing MotoWorld or the races on ESPN!
824 Dad
10/5/2014 9:07am
David has been helping my son recently with some final training preparation for the Ironman World Championship in Kona Hawaii next Saturday.
Db knows as much about Triathlon as he does Moto, Ricky is so lucky to have David in his corner.....
Drtbykr
10/5/2014 9:29am
There was a guy named Todd doing the Erzberg broadcast....sounded exactly like Larry Huffman.

Two fav's of all time, Larry Huffman and Marc Travers.

Hope DB is healthy and happy.
Forza
10/5/2014 9:36am
824 Dad wrote:
David has been helping my son recently with some final training preparation for the Ironman World Championship in Kona Hawaii next Saturday. Db knows as much...
David has been helping my son recently with some final training preparation for the Ironman World Championship in Kona Hawaii next Saturday.
Db knows as much about Triathlon as he does Moto, Ricky is so lucky to have David in his corner.....
Good to hear
10/5/2014 10:05am
ky_savage wrote:
I must be doing something wrong. I get so into the racing I barely hear any of the announcers.
I've never really been annoyed with announcers. The best announcers of all time were these Canadians a few years back. have no clue who they were but they sure were enthusiastic.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
10/5/2014 10:54am
David Bailey and Art Echman (hope that's spelled right), were the best commentator'a mx has ever had. David" the little professor" was a technition and absolutely...
True that!!! Hearing those 2 on SpeedWorld on ESPN reminds me of growing up & being obsessed w/ moto. I love watching all those races still...
True that!!! Hearing those 2 on SpeedWorld on ESPN reminds me of growing up & being obsessed w/ moto. I love watching all those races still on YouTube. It brings back memories of not having a care in the world except not missing MotoWorld or the races on ESPN!
^this
Cygnus
10/5/2014 11:06am
824 Dad wrote:
David has been helping my son recently with some final training preparation for the Ironman World Championship in Kona Hawaii next Saturday. Db knows as much...
Thanks Rick. I knew he was doing something that had to to with iron man. Best of luck to Ricky!
Highsider
10/5/2014 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2014 7:20pm
Some people can't remember all the times Art screwed up.
I drank back in those days and we had a drinking game using "Art Eckman-isms".

Post a reply to: David Bailey

The Latest