Davi Millsaps

Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
6/24/2010 7:18am
ridge wrote:
DV...would you race with only one kidney? How about if you lost it in 2001? Personally, I don't think Davi will want to race with that...
DV...would you race with only one kidney?

How about if you lost it in 2001?

Personally, I don't think Davi will want to race with that much on the line. If he does, he is either forced to (financially) or he wants it so much more than most of us think. I hope he comes back stronger and better than ever because he seems like a pretty cool dude, and anyone who is as good as he is gets my respect.
Davi is only 22 and I don't think he will hurt financially but I know he is a racer and will come back to bang bars at the top again.
KAWboy14
6/24/2010 9:24am
milsaps will retire and use his ama insurance to retire on......
neysbo
6/24/2010 9:31am
Some of you are beyond moronic. We should all be wishing Davi the best at this stage. He has major injuries and could use our support. I am not a big fan of Davi but certainly am a huge MX fan and hate to see anyone on the sidelines.

He will heal up and make the decisions that he feels are best for him and his future.

Get well soon Davi.

6/24/2010 10:25am
I myself am a huge motocross fan, not too mention people in general and never wish anyone ill health, and since Davi is is one of the best, oh wait, only top ten in the U.S. ( Indoors and OUTDOORS!) I have nothing but best wishes and support for what the 22 year old does in the future regardless of sports.

The Shop

mxtryon231
6/24/2010 10:50am
I hope he makes a full recovery.

I can't see Davi doing anything else besides racing MX/SX..

Unless you can get payed to drink beers in Havasu? Woohoo
Outsider
6/24/2010 11:17am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2010 11:37am
Go back to school Davi! It's not too late!

Oh, and get well soon.

Edit: Didn't mean to make light of Davi's injury, at all.
race
6/24/2010 11:20am
I'm no expert ... but last time I checked a kidney is an OEM part and you don't want to fock around with those.

This crash and resulting loss of kidney could be the end of his racing career. That's probably the only life he has known. Not sure I'd be cracking jokes about it but that's just me.
justmacd
6/24/2010 1:53pm
I hope the best for him but this is tragic. My wife is an RN and the first thing she said was "Oh no, there goes his career, he shouldn't even be trail riding". If he goes down and so much as bruises the remaining kidney he lacks the other to fall back on. Doctors advise against sports with one kidney so I would imagine MX is a SERIOUS high risk activity! I wish him the best for his recovery but racing isn't worth it at that cost.
nytsmaC
6/24/2010 2:21pm
Riding for Team Honda is like diving on the grenade. The bike is such a shit box, serious injury is imminent. If you ask me, the new CRF450 single handedly ended Millsap's career 10 years early. Unfrickingreal! I hope Ferry survives this summer, it's pretty selfless and brave of him to agree to ride Davi's POS time bomb turdcycle for the rest of the nationals.
adamdf
6/24/2010 2:40pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Riding for Team Honda is like diving on the grenade. The bike is such a shit box, serious injury is imminent. If you ask me, the...
Riding for Team Honda is like diving on the grenade. The bike is such a shit box, serious injury is imminent. If you ask me, the new CRF450 single handedly ended Millsap's career 10 years early. Unfrickingreal! I hope Ferry survives this summer, it's pretty selfless and brave of him to agree to ride Davi's POS time bomb turdcycle for the rest of the nationals.
Ok thats a bit much....
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/24/2010 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2010 3:20pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Riding for Team Honda is like diving on the grenade. The bike is such a shit box, serious injury is imminent. If you ask me, the...
When you wrote this in another thread about Tim Ferry riding Davi's bike:

"My neighbor was loading up the bikes in the driveway to go trail riding and his kid said something about it. I asked him if he was sure and he said yup, pretty much."

I thought you were being funny and sarcastic and it actually got a laugh out of me.

Now after this post above I realize you were being serious. Wow. We need to lean out the mixture, this place is running rich with cuckoo today.
sxf138
6/24/2010 3:28pm
sxf138 wrote:
Might be a stupid question, but can't he get a kidney transplant?
drmarkr wrote:
Google kidney transplant and see what life is like when you're on dialysis...and then after a transplant.

You don't even want to go there....
Thanks dr
I wish the best for Davi
jasonv43
6/24/2010 3:32pm
nytsmaC wrote:
So your saying your do not like Honda much huh?
nytsmaC
6/24/2010 3:44pm
Honda is bad news. Look at all of the careers they ruined, the bikes really turned to crap in the late 80s. Bayle quit the sport. Stanton retired early. Larocco had to finally say enough is enough. Rick Johnson couldn't ride them anymore. Windham would have multiple championships if he hadnt spent so much time on a red turd. McGrath was a shadow of his former self after just a few short test rides of the 97 CR250. Damon Bradshaw tried to revive his career and look how the CR250 held him back. Ezra Lusk crashed himself into early retirement on the turd bikes. Carmichael's career took a real dive after going through the Honda mill, never showing the signs of brilliance seen on the Kawasakis.

Short couldn't keep the bike planted during the SX season, look what it did to him. Townley couldn't keep them on 2 wheels until recently. Now they've taken one of Millsaps' kidneys. When will it end? It's criminal what they're doing! Who's going to be next??!??!?
HuskyEd
6/24/2010 4:47pm
sxf138 wrote:
Might be a stupid question, but can't he get a kidney transplant?
drmarkr wrote:
Google kidney transplant and see what life is like when you're on dialysis...and then after a transplant.

You don't even want to go there....
Have a nephew that was born a "Renal" baby. He was born without any kidneys and has been on dialysis for most of his life.

I say most of his life because he was fortunate to have found a compatible kidney donor. You would think after that, that it would be all good, but the answer to that is not good but better.

After the transplant he has to go through with anti-rejection meds. ( Let me tell you all the meds. he had to take you would think you were in a pharmacy ).

Unfortunately his body finally rejected the kidney after about 10 years and he now back on dialysis. For a kid that was not supposed to survive past his 1st birthday he's now 23 years old and quite a fighter.

I would love to see Davi come back, but I wouldn't think the reward out weighs the risk. Get well soon Davi.
ATKpilot99
6/24/2010 4:52pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Honda is bad news. Look at all of the careers they ruined, the bikes really turned to crap in the late 80s. Bayle quit the sport...
Honda is bad news. Look at all of the careers they ruined, the bikes really turned to crap in the late 80s. Bayle quit the sport. Stanton retired early. Larocco had to finally say enough is enough. Rick Johnson couldn't ride them anymore. Windham would have multiple championships if he hadnt spent so much time on a red turd. McGrath was a shadow of his former self after just a few short test rides of the 97 CR250. Damon Bradshaw tried to revive his career and look how the CR250 held him back. Ezra Lusk crashed himself into early retirement on the turd bikes. Carmichael's career took a real dive after going through the Honda mill, never showing the signs of brilliance seen on the Kawasakis.

Short couldn't keep the bike planted during the SX season, look what it did to him. Townley couldn't keep them on 2 wheels until recently. Now they've taken one of Millsaps' kidneys. When will it end? It's criminal what they're doing! Who's going to be next??!??!?
Thats all pretty funny except for the Millsaps losing a kidney part .
mx-4-2
6/24/2010 4:59pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Honda is bad news. Look at all of the careers they ruined, the bikes really turned to crap in the late 80s. Bayle quit the sport...

What a stupid post.

Let's talk about RV's crash on the Kawasaki during the SX season. Or should we discuss Grant's crash at the X-games last year on the Yamaha. Or, should we want to understand what happened with Blake Baggett's Suzuki last weekend where he crashed at the same spot as Millsaps.

I guess all these bikes are "turd" bikes as well???
ATKpilot99
6/24/2010 5:03pm
nytsmaC wrote:

mx-4-2 wrote:
What a stupid post. Let's talk about RV's crash on the Kawasaki during the SX season. Or should we discuss Grant's crash at the X-games last...
What a stupid post.

Let's talk about RV's crash on the Kawasaki during the SX season. Or should we discuss Grant's crash at the X-games last year on the Yamaha. Or, should we want to understand what happened with Blake Baggett's Suzuki last weekend where he crashed at the same spot as Millsaps.

I guess all these bikes are "turd" bikes as well???
Fairly sure he was being sarcastic lol .

Post a reply to: Davi Millsaps

The Latest