Davalos officially out

motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
Edited Date/Time 4/25/2014 9:40am
Broken left foot and shattered scaphoid. Right foot just bruised real bad. http://instagram.com/p/nLwuS_pRZm/
|
IceMan446
4/24/2014 1:09pm
I hope they pay him a portion of what his championship bonus would have been.
Huckster
4/24/2014 1:12pm
IceMan446 wrote:
why? he didnt win a championship did he?
peelout
4/24/2014 1:19pm
IceMan446 wrote:
why would they do that?

do you think Pourcel was paid his championship bonus when he injured himself late in the second moto of the last race of the year with the c-ship in hand?

ps... sucks for Davalos. if that dude didn't have shitty luck he wouldn't have any luck at all
RbR
4/24/2014 1:19pm
Just Damn It!

The Shop

IceMan446
4/24/2014 1:22pm
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
why would they do that? do you think Pourcel was paid his championship bonus when he injured himself late in the second moto of the last...
why would they do that?

do you think Pourcel was paid his championship bonus when he injured himself late in the second moto of the last race of the year with the c-ship in hand?

ps... sucks for Davalos. if that dude didn't have shitty luck he wouldn't have any luck at all
Was Pourcels crash due to a mechanical? Dont know if it was or not.

But his bike caused Davalos crash, not him this time. I would feel its owed to him if I were his team owner.
Tim Parsley
4/24/2014 1:27pm
Such a bum deal for Davolos, guy works so hard and he finally had everything going right for him and then this happens. Get well soon Martin!
Sully22
4/24/2014 1:28pm
That sucks! I was pulling for MD to win the cchip this year.....but there is going to be next year for him! I could care less how many years he's been in the class, I hope he stays at PC and wins it all next year! The move up rule needs to be abolished all together, have the 250s run all 17 rounds, and let the arenacross's RC road to SX be the stepping stone
2QK4U
4/24/2014 1:36pm
Man this is a huge bummer, this 250 East coast is nuts this year. First Adam and now Martin and also maybe Baggett, just unreal.
2thefront
4/24/2014 1:37pm
I hate to even mention it but I wouldn't say it's over yet because if Bogle were to crash in practice or the heat saturday and break something, there's no one other than Davalos that could win the championship except Friese who would have to win the last two.
Grieby54
4/24/2014 1:41pm
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
why would they do that? do you think Pourcel was paid his championship bonus when he injured himself late in the second moto of the last...
why would they do that?

IceMan446 wrote:
Was Pourcels crash due to a mechanical? Dont know if it was or not. But his bike caused Davalos crash, not him this time. I would...

But his bike caused Davalos crash, not him this time. I would feel its owed to him if I were his team owner.
So does he owe PC something for not winning them a title the last couple of years? They gave him a bike that was perfectly capable of winning but Davalos didn't deliver.
oshow
4/24/2014 1:44pm
I really hate this. Good guy.
BLAHBLAH
4/24/2014 1:45pm
You all are missing the silver lining... Davalos gets another year in the 250 class
MDMCG
4/24/2014 1:46pm
I wonder if he means a different bone. Scaphoid injuries are very painful, to the point at which there's no way he would be walking with a walker, and it would be a career ending injury if it was in 9 pieces. Hmm.
Grieby54
4/24/2014 1:47pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
You all are missing the silver lining... Davalos gets another year in the 250 class
Because that's what he needed - a full decade in the 250 class. His time in the 250 class has been longer than Ricky Carmichael's entire professional career...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/24/2014 1:48pm
oshow wrote:
X2
40Plus_922mx
4/24/2014 1:48pm
IceMan446 wrote:
See this is what is wrong with our country today. Gimme gimme gimme.

They simply can not pay him the bonus win. The line has to be clear. BLACK and WHITE. Did he or did he not win the title? The minute you start justifying this or that you loose that clear line and it all becomes speculation.

And here's why. The relationship between PC and Davalos exists on good faith effort. In other words they both do everything they can to win. Sometimes the rider will fail. Sometimes the bike will fail. But it is understood that BOTH parties have done all they can with the same hope and goal in mind TO WIN.

No way in hell would Mitch sabotage the bike in order for MD to loose right? So why on earth should he be on the hook for a partial bonus to be paid? Same goes for MD. What if he didn't give it his all and lost by a few points? Should he then pay PC for all of the good exposure they now will loose? I don't think so.

You see this is very clear.
No emotions.
Just results.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/24/2014 1:49pm
If you're figuring out a portion of the championship bonus for Martin, do you have to take it out of the portion owed to Adam Cianciarulo for leading up until Toronto?

Sorry, but that's not happening, either.

The Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki team has had no luck this year.
40Plus_922mx
4/24/2014 1:51pm
So he doesn't win the title. I have been rooting for him since he was at MTF on a KTM. Love this kid. Sux sux sux. But he will come out ok in the end. He is so dang fast and with a little more time under his belt (yes I know what time it is 8 years lol) he will only get more consistent. I hope he continues to improve on his already insane speed.
IceMan446
4/24/2014 1:53pm
Grieby54 wrote:
So does he owe PC something for not winning them a title the last couple of years? They gave him a bike that was perfectly capable...
So does he owe PC something for not winning them a title the last couple of years? They gave him a bike that was perfectly capable of winning but Davalos didn't deliver.
No. They have a performance based program for a reason.

Davalos not delivering on a championship didn't cause some one on the team to break their foot and have a shattered scaphoid did it???

My point is the bike failing caused him to lose the championship (I believe he would have won it IMO). Yes it was a master link but the fact remains, the bike failed and he is out of the championship because of it.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
4/24/2014 2:01pm
Isn't the scaphoid bone in the wrist not the ankle? Regardless, bad deal for Davalos and for the championship chase.
bents
Fantasy
710th
4/24/2014 2:08pm
Sucks balls. i was so hoping her was going to win this sucker. The guy is full of class and keeps his head high despite all the shit he gets at times. He was clearly the fastest guy most often this year in the East.
IceMan446
4/24/2014 2:08pm
TripleFive wrote:
The scaphoid might be a big issue for him in the future.
Ended a few careers.
jndmx
4/24/2014 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2014 2:11pm
oshow wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
X2
X3.

The guy has paid his dues, would have been good to see him get it.
Get well soon Martin.
Yamaha24
4/24/2014 2:12pm
The navicular in the foot is commonly interchanged with being called a scaphoid. Being that he is holding his weight on to the walker in the photo..I think he is meaning the tarsal navicular.
4/24/2014 2:20pm
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
why would they do that?

IceMan446 wrote:
Was Pourcels crash due to a mechanical? Dont know if it was or not. But his bike caused Davalos crash, not him this time. I would...

That may not happen, but that makes sense, although,across all the contract clause, I do not think it will happen...

I am really sorry for him, great championship, several times he had it in the bag, etc, he was really the fastest this year.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/24/2014 2:21pm
PR

Injuries Force Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki Out of Action for 250SX East Region Return in New York

The anticipated return to action of the 2014 Monster Energy Supercross 250SX East Region Championship will unfortunately take place without the participation of Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki following a string of injuries to its three riders. With rookie Adam Cianciarulo already sidelined for the remainder of the supercross season with an injured shoulder, fellow title hopefuls Martin Davalos and Blake Baggett will also sit idle as the series makes its anticipated return to the New York area with the inaugural visit to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

"It is a shame that we had all of our guys get injured on the East Coast," said team owner Mitch Payton. "We were in a great position to win another title and I feel for Martin right now. He has already had surgery and is going to push to get back as soon as he can. With Blake we didn't want to risk anything, so we are going to make sure he can ride with the contact lens and hopefully he can come back and get a win in Las Vegas."

The East Region effort for Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki was enjoying one of its most dominant seasons to date leading into New York. Collectively Davalos, Cianciarulo, and Baggett helped the team top the charts in every practice through the first seven rounds, win all but one heat race the team was entered in, and put at least one Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki bike on the podium at each stop. Additionally, the team boasted a pair of podium sweeps at AT&T Stadium in Dallas and at the legendary Daytona Supercross.

Davalos Injures Ankle
Arguably no rider in Monster Energy Supercross was looking forward to racing in New York more than Davalos, who enters the eighth stop of the nine round championship as the points leader and most recent winner. Davalos was in the midst of a breakout season, securing the first two wins of his veteran career and amassing an undefeated record in heat races. During his continued training in pursuit of a first career title, Davalos crashed while testing earlier this week and suffered a broken ankle. He’s already undergone surgery to repair the injury, but will not be able to compete this weekend to defend the red plate.

“I’m just so heartbroken right now, it’s hard to really put it into words,” said Davalos. “This season was going exactly the way I had hoped and all the time and effort we’ve put in to making the Kawasaki KX250F fast was paying off. I’m trying to be positive because we were doing the right things, but this is a tough one to swallow for everyone. We won’t get the chance to finish what we started, and that stings. This is the brutal reality of our sport at times and it’s not going to be easy to watch everyone line up on the gate Saturday night without me.”

Davalos holds an eight-point lead in the East Region standings entering East Rutherford.

Baggett Takes Rock to the Eye
During the brief break in action between the previous round of the East Region Championship in late March and this weekend’s race, Baggett took advantage of the opportunity to prepare for this summer’s AMA Pro Motocross Championship. While testing at the site of the opening round of that championship at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, Calif., Baggett was hit in the eye with a rock, resulting in a deep laceration on his eyebrow. Baggett was stitched up but has continued to battle vision problems ever since. Despite his hopes that the issues would subside in time for this weekend’s race, Baggett has been forced out of action, halting an otherwise solid season in which he’s earned one win, four podium results, and shown an incredible ability to overcome virtually any adversity thanks to an unmatched tenacity on the track.

“When it happened I didn’t think it would be such a serious problem, but my vision in that eye has been messed up ever since,” said Baggett. “We’ve been strong this season and while the results haven’t always shown how well we’ve been racing, I was looking forward to putting the Kawasaki KX250F back on top of the box at least once more. I don’t know what it’s going to take to get back to where I need to be, but I’m doing my best to be patient and just take everything one day at a time. I’m definitely bummed to miss out on New York, because I know it’s going to be incredible.”

Baggett currently sits in a tie for third in the East Region standings with Cianciarulo, and faced a 29-point deficit to Davalos in first.

Looking Ahead >> Las Vegas Supercross Finale
With no set timetable on either Davalos or Baggett’s injuries, the team will be ready to return to action at the final round of the Monster Energy Supercross season in Las Vegas next weekend. While the final round of the East Region and West Region Championships will take place, Las Vegas will also serve as the lone opportunity for the entire Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team to converge on a supercross track. While Davalos focuses on recovery and returning to action as soon as possible, Baggett will hope to join his West Region counterparts Justin Hill and Dean Wilson in the annual East/West Shootout.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
4/24/2014 2:40pm
I'm telling ya, if I was a team manager, I'd eliminate the practice track as much as I could possibly get away with. Especially pre-season. There's just too great of a risk. It's derailed the hopes of way too many contenders.
layinbody31
4/24/2014 2:48pm
I really need to get my crash-proof test track on the market...

Post a reply to: Davalos officially out

The Latest