Darcy Lange

tbanks
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2013 1:04pm
Anyone know what he is up to now, or if he is still racing?

After his Pro Circuit stint, I haven't heard much about him. Is he the same guy that is/was battling cancer? If so, I hope all is well. Darcy used to kill the Arenacross scene, and I rooted for him when he was on the green machine.

Anyone have any news?
|
Sondy132001
9/1/2011 10:55am
Yes he was battling cancer and I have no idea what he's up to now ? Some of our Canucks can chime in on Darcy ??

S
rjs
9/1/2011 10:58am
I am happy to report that Darcy has beaten cancer, and is a happily married father of one. He still lives on Vancouver Island, on his 100 acre property in a house he built with his carrer earnings. If I understand it correctly, He is working for his father in law in the lumber industry where he makes telephone poles.
scooter5002
9/1/2011 10:59am
Wondered the same thing myself last weekend. Haven't heard anything about him in a few years. Fortunately, I never heard of his passing, so hopefully he has won the fight and just couldn't return to racing.
Sondy132001
9/1/2011 11:02am
rjs wrote:
I am happy to report that Darcy has beaten cancer, and is a happily married father of one. He still lives on Vancouver Island, on his...
I am happy to report that Darcy has beaten cancer, and is a happily married father of one. He still lives on Vancouver Island, on his 100 acre property in a house he built with his carrer earnings. If I understand it correctly, He is working for his father in law in the lumber industry where he makes telephone poles.
Great !! Love a happy post !

S

The Shop

skidsteer16
9/1/2011 11:39am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2011 11:48am
rjs wrote:
I am happy to report that Darcy has beaten cancer, and is a happily married father of one. He still lives on Vancouver Island, on his...
That's really good to hear, thanks. Darcy is/was super talented and it really really sucked that something like cancer took him out right when his riding/career was at its peak.
9/1/2011 12:01pm
Like RJS said, Darcy is healthy and living back home on Vancouver Island. He's got a year old baby girl, is working for his father-in-law and enjoying the retired from moto life.

Mini Elsinore
9/1/2011 12:05pm
rjs wrote:
Great !! Love a happy post !

S
Absolutely!
tbanks
9/1/2011 12:41pm
rjs wrote:
Thats great to hear. I'm happy for him, I know how hard people fight cancer and I like hearing success stories.
mjskier
9/1/2011 12:49pm
They still need telephone poles in Canada?
MT MX
9/1/2011 1:24pm
lissimore wrote:
Like RJS said, Darcy is healthy and living back home on Vancouver Island. He's got a year old baby girl, is working for his father-in-law and...
Like RJS said, Darcy is healthy and living back home on Vancouver Island. He's got a year old baby girl, is working for his father-in-law and enjoying the retired from moto life.

There was an article in RacerX or TWMX a few years back that said the same thing.
I thought it was very interesting though that he had been approached by L&M to be on the team. I think it was the first year James was on the team and it was right after his bout with cancer. He sounded more like he was happy with what he had accomplished and was ready to move on. I still think to this day Mitch got lucky by hiring him and at the last minute, if I remember right.
mdub45
9/1/2011 1:35pm
mjskier wrote:
gotta tie the dogsleds up to something!!Wink
TJ 755
9/1/2011 2:38pm
mjskier wrote:
90% of them come here as utility poles. Canada still has a logging industry and is less restrictive for treating wood.
Glad he is doing well. He was always a chill dude.
TDeath21
9/1/2011 3:13pm
07 St Louis SX will always be etched in my mind when I see the name Darcy Lange. Possibly the best race I've seen live. Unfortunately this race is not on YouTube, so I'm glad I got to see it in person. Good to hear he's beaten cancer and is doing well.
sharkey
9/1/2011 4:04pm
rjs wrote:
That's really good to hear, thanks. Darcy is/was super talented and it really really sucked that something like cancer took him out right when his riding/career...
That's really good to hear, thanks. Darcy is/was super talented and it really really sucked that something like cancer took him out right when his riding/career was at its peak.
yeah that did suck. he finished 3rd on the east coast that year with mitch i think
stash124
9/1/2011 4:19pm
TDeath21 wrote:
07 St Louis SX will always be etched in my mind when I see the name Darcy Lange. Possibly the best race I've seen live. Unfortunately...
07 St Louis SX will always be etched in my mind when I see the name Darcy Lange. Possibly the best race I've seen live. Unfortunately this race is not on YouTube, so I'm glad I got to see it in person. Good to hear he's beaten cancer and is doing well.
same here man. i was sitting right infront of the section he crashed in
FIREfish148
9/1/2011 4:42pm
The one and only time I got to see Darcy ride in person was a practice day at yakima arenacross. I was watching my sisters drill team for state comp at the sundome and happened to hear the two stokes ripping just across the parking lot. Walked over there and Tracy Johnson, Darcy Lange, and Billy Binkley were taking turns leading in a three gnarly-paced practice battle. David Rose (RIP) was out there too, but he was just focused on this weird gnarly reverse step up double in the back.

Anyways Darcy was a Gnarrrly rider to watch; super fluid style. I showed up and they were battling then I watched for about 30 minutes and Tracy and him were still battling when I left.
level
9/1/2011 4:46pm
I had no idea he got cancer. One talented guy. Wishing him all the best.
Gukamonster
9/1/2011 5:55pm
From an older interview I read (maybe 2008) Darcy still had some fire to come back and continue racing. The problem was that the cancer treatment had shrunk his lungs or something. He could still have competed but would have been at a huge disadvantage fitness wise right from the get go. Luckily he was fairly smart with his money. Great career for the guy, especially indoors.
Rooster
9/1/2011 9:57pm
I lost touch with Darcy as his career progressed and he moved south, but me a buddy used to go over to island and ride with Darcy, his older brother and a few other guys.

Darcy was still on 80's at that time, but he was clearly a talent that would go on to bigger and better things. What struck me the most about him was his attitude. He was the most aggressive kid I'd ever seen and would try things on his 80 that no one else would even consider. All you had to do was even suggest he couldn't make it and he'd wad it up a dozen times in a row until he could come back and give you the old "I told you so".

You always knew when he didn't win. He'd get so pissed off. Second place was no better than loss to him it seemed.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
9/2/2011 1:16am
lissimore wrote:
Like RJS said, Darcy is healthy and living back home on Vancouver Island. He's got a year old baby girl, is working for his father-in-law and...

Still wearing a Furious tee I see. Derry will have to send him a cheque for that photo. Wink
3/27/2013 1:04pm
Glad to say I got to ride with him a few times on Vancouver Island, Canada, very nice guy when you consider his celebrity status.

Post a reply to: Darcy Lange

The Latest