Danny Magoo..

flyfishnw
12/17/2009 11:38am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:31pm
Do people tell your dad and you how to spend and allocate your charitable dollars?

Not sure why we can not appreciate what has been given so far, and not bag on other folks for not donating. Maybe their already committed to other worthwhile causes? Many, many people donate anonymously to charitable groups, could this be the case for the riders you mention? Who knows.

I think it is unfair to bash other riders, making stupid assumptions about their finances, and then directing them on a public BB where and how they should spend their funds.

But hell, this is the internet.

I think you should hit up Obama, maybe get a portion of the BS Nobel $$ he said he is donating to charities. Oh yeah, rich finance executives are the charities he supports.

There are funds available like here http://www.mobilityunlimited.org/
jesspapp
12/17/2009 11:52am
What's been given so far is not enough; have u seen how danny gets out of bed in the morning?!
but if ppl think like you maybe thats why he hasn't got enough help yet?!
I was just stating names, hoping others would try n help more!

so what do u ride or are you just a bench rider?!

flyfishnw
12/17/2009 12:01pm
I rode from age 6 to my early 20's. Raced a good part of those years. My kids have ridden and raced as well. Not really sure what this has to do with Magoo, but if my riding or not currently makes a difference to you, nope, a past racer / rider.

I would not trade one second for the time I spent riding and racing, unfortunately, injuries that were petty back then, I feel daily today, so ridding is pretty much not an option.

Think like me? Please explain..
TerryK
12/17/2009 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2009 12:27pm
jesspapp wrote:
What's been given so far is not enough; [b]have u seen how danny gets out of bed in the morning?![/b] but if ppl think like you...
What's been given so far is not enough; have u seen how danny gets out of bed in the morning?!
but if ppl think like you maybe thats why he hasn't got enough help yet?!
I was just stating names, hoping others would try n help more!

so what do u ride or are you just a bench rider?!

Oh...snap!! noobs calling out noobs!

Welcome aboard. Tongue

The Shop

newmann
12/17/2009 12:40pm
jesspapp wrote:
Dont you think all the big time races like RC n Reed could help him out, donate some money so he can get the van he...
Dont you think all the big time races like RC n Reed could help him out, donate some money so he can get the van he needs.. Magoo was a hero back when my dad raced itd be really cool if they tried to help out...Just talking with dad about it.
RC does an annual Ride for AT if I'm not mistaken. People have certain things they donate to or help with. No need to go bagging on some of these guys. You really have no idea what they donate too. By the time my wife gets every stray cat in a twelve mile radius of our house spayed, neutered, fed and sheltered I don't have much left to donate. But there are things I do or offer to do to make up for lack of monetary donations.

Better question, what percentage of your household income has been donated to charity or to benefits each year? Answer please.
akmx17
12/17/2009 12:46pm
jesspapp wrote:
Dont you think all the big time races like RC n Reed could help him out, donate some money so he can get the van he...
Dont you think all the big time races like RC n Reed could help him out, donate some money so he can get the van he needs.. Magoo was a hero back when my dad raced itd be really cool if they tried to help out...Just talking with dad about it.
Chad gives out alot more money to charities then you think.
DanDunes818
12/17/2009 12:49pm
flyfishnw wrote:
Do people tell your dad and you how to spend and allocate your charitable dollars? Not sure why we can not appreciate what has been given...
Do people tell your dad and you how to spend and allocate your charitable dollars?

Not sure why we can not appreciate what has been given so far, and not bag on other folks for not donating. Maybe their already committed to other worthwhile causes? Many, many people donate anonymously to charitable groups, could this be the case for the riders you mention? Who knows.

I think it is unfair to bash other riders, making stupid assumptions about their finances, and then directing them on a public BB where and how they should spend their funds.

I think you should hit up Obama, maybe get a portion of the BS Nobel $$ he said he is donating to charities. Oh yeah, rich finance executives are the charities he supports.

Flyfish I agree that we should'nt be telling these guys how to spend their money but the reality of it is CR and RC may not have all the money they have if it wasn't for guys like Magoo. Magoo was more then just a racer he was an entertainer. Without guys like Magoo making the sport of MX entertaining the sport would never have made it to where it is today.

On that note I too am very disappointed in how long it's taken an industry Magoo helped build to cough up a mere 100k to help a legend of the sport out in a time of need. I don't have much money and I coughed up $100.

I'm not just disappointed in CR and RC. My disappointment runs way deeper than that. What about American Honda. Magoo won races world wide for them and not to mention the fact that he was putting his neck(literally) on the line for them when he broke his neck.

Come on guys let's get this done already.
Clutchy
12/17/2009 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:31pm
Actually Danny wasn't riding for Honda at the time of his accident. The manufacturers want nothing to do with spinal cord injuries, it's bad for business.

It was 24 years ago this month, whats another year. I praise Bad Brad and the others for trying to hook this thing up. I can promise you this Danny would be the first to tell you, He doesn't want to be fussed over.
txmxer
12/17/2009 1:52pm
obviously, I support the fund, but, I agree that it's not good or appropriate to point out someone for not contributing to a specific cause.

It's about charity and choosing to give willingly. Jespapp is right that it would be cool if more big names with deep pockets could get on board...but, there are countless worthwhile charities to give to in this sport alone.

We see several worthwhile MX related events every month. Do what you can to help others out...be it MX or something else.
newmann
12/17/2009 2:32pm
Oh, by the way Reed donated a $100,000.00 check from his US Open win a few years back to a fellow Australian racer who was critically injured while trying to make a go of it here in the sates several years back if I remember correctly.

I have a standing offer that I passed on to the MX Files group about Magoo. It would be a group project of sorts if it is a situation that could actually exist.
flyfishnw
12/17/2009 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2009 3:04pm
newmann wrote:
Oh, by the way Reed donated a $100,000.00 check from his US Open win a few years back to a fellow Australian racer who was critically...
Oh, by the way Reed donated a $100,000.00 check from his US Open win a few years back to a fellow Australian racer who was critically injured while trying to make a go of it here in the sates several years back if I remember correctly.

I have a standing offer that I passed on to the MX Files group about Magoo. It would be a group project of sorts if it is a situation that could actually exist.
I bet Magoo wishes he had a standing offer....

Sorry, my bad, just thought your choice of words was interesting.

Remember the article in MXA, must have been 1980 or so, when Magoo won rider of the year, at that time they would give a brand new toyota 4x4 truck. MXA visited Danny at his house and they were out trashing that new truck...

My daughter got to meet him in Tahoe this year, she calls me and says, do you know a guy named Danny Magoo? I say, are you kidding, who does not know who Magoo is. I had to take a few minutes and educate her about the definition of a HERO.

I was privileged to be at the Saddleback national during the famous magoo/hannah race, and stood the whole time at the magoo doubles..

Magoo was awesome, and i am sure he still is.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
12/17/2009 3:00pm
jesspapp wrote:
How much did you and dear ol' dad, contribute??
jesspapp
12/18/2009 12:05pm
flyfishnw wrote:
Do people tell your dad and you how to spend and allocate your charitable dollars? Not sure why we can not appreciate what has been given...

Flyfish I agree that we should'nt be telling these guys how to spend their money but the reality of it is CR and RC may not...
Flyfish I agree that we should'nt be telling these guys how to spend their money but the reality of it is CR and RC may not have all the money they have if it wasn't for guys like Magoo. Magoo was more then just a racer he was an entertainer. Without guys like Magoo making the sport of MX entertaining the sport would never have made it to where it is today.

On that note I too am very disappointed in how long it's taken an industry Magoo helped build to cough up a mere 100k to help a legend of the sport out in a time of need. I don't have much money and I coughed up $100.

I'm not just disappointed in CR and RC. My disappointment runs way deeper than that. What about American Honda. Magoo won races world wide for them and not to mention the fact that he was putting his neck(literally) on the line for them when he broke his neck.

Come on guys let's get this done already.
see i agree! i was just stating big names, i understand they help out with other things too, but come on, they could help out more...

n yes i do help out also like your wife i pick up stray dogs n bath them an take them in. and i also donated $100 to magoo...

jesspapp
12/18/2009 12:12pm
flyfishnw wrote:
I bet Magoo wishes he had a standing offer....Sorry, my bad, just thought your choice of words was interesting.Remember the article in MXA, must have been...
I bet Magoo wishes he had a standing offer....

Sorry, my bad, just thought your choice of words was interesting.

Remember the article in MXA, must have been 1980 or so, when Magoo won rider of the year, at that time they would give a brand new toyota 4x4 truck. MXA visited Danny at his house and they were out trashing that new truck...

My daughter got to meet him in Tahoe this year, she calls me and says, do you know a guy named Danny Magoo? I say, are you kidding, who does not know who Magoo is. I had to take a few minutes and educate her about the definition of a HERO.

I was privileged to be at the Saddleback national during the famous magoo/hannah race, and stood the whole time at the magoo doubles..

Magoo was awesome, and i am sure he still is.
my dad raced with him also and sees Magoo as a hero and so do I

n everyone that keeps flipping out because i said their names need to calm down, i was just stating names i wasn't saying them personally should give i understand they give to others i was just saying that if big name racers have enough money to go buy a house 10x bigger then needed they could give some money to Magoo so he can get his van n drive around n educate kids on safety of riding "/

or is that wrong to.... enlighten me please.....

Post a reply to: Danny Magoo..

The Latest