Dangers of Kids Bull Riding: Moto Related

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2015 8:01am
Caught this on NBC Today. The story could have very well been about MX and it is even mentioned.

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/26/2015 4:23pm
Darn 450 bulls.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
3/26/2015 4:25pm
These kids don't even have hair on their balls and yet they're bigger than mine Pinch

I'd never ride a bull!
ocscottie
3/26/2015 4:25pm
GuyB wrote:
Darn 450 bulls.
Just what i was about to type lol 4 stroke bulls.

The Shop

NotCore
3/26/2015 4:33pm
GuyB wrote:
Darn 450 bulls.
Nah, these Bulls just jump too much!

Seriously, interesting story. I grew up in the 70s and even then, the bull horns were ground off for high school rodeo. In the clip, many had the tips ground, but that's all. That's like a handle bar to the gut with muscle behind it!. No doubt rodeo is every bit as brutal as motocross. Probably more.

People just need to respect each other. You do not have to approve of everything your neighbor chooses to do, as long as it doesn't endanger you personally. These stories are just aimed to elicit emotion. Nothing was reported about what these kids learned from growing up participating in these risky events, and how it bonded the families.
Dtat720
3/26/2015 5:03pm
My little brother rode bulls from 13-28 yrs old. Several championships and invites to the xbr finals along with pbr wins and top ten year end points finishes. Bull riding is not a family sport. Ive seen many, many families destroyed in it. Let alone the absolutely rampant drug use. Major meth and cocaine users along with the pain pill addictions. Bull riders are a unique breed. But far from what people think of them. Destroyed my little brother as well. Those guys chew you up and spit you out without a care in the world.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/26/2015 5:05pm
@NotCore "These stories are just aimed to elicit emotion. Nothing was reported about what these kids learned from growing up participating in these risky events, and how it bonded the families."

That's what I was getting at, and the same is more than likely to happen with a story about Motocross on program such as this.
I wasn't comparing the dangers of the sports, just the similarities and how it has been portrayed, especially with what is going on in regards to the current concerns about safety in MX.
smoker
3/26/2015 5:09pm
I saw that too ezza and was thinking the same thing. One of thr dads even says something like "injuries happen in motocross, stuff happens in football.."
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/26/2015 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2015 10:01pm
@smoker Yep "Playing Motocross". Kind of took a bit of the heat off the sport with that, sounds safer than racing.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/26/2015 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2015 5:40pm
I used to ride a Bull taco when I was a kid and that sucker bucked me off and stomped me into the ground on many occasions
worcsracer808
3/26/2015 5:40pm
I dont really think you can compare this to motocross, I mean bull riding is for lack of a better word...dumb, I mean like the crashing is built in, it's far different from competing against another person and a mistake can cause your accident, you're competing against an animal who's gonna win and youre gonna be on the ground, the best case scenario is your ass ends up on the ground, best case scenario in moto is youre upright at the finish and had a good time and or battle. I guess my point is that yeah this is different because every time they are gonna get chucked off the bull, I know that if everytime i got on my dirtbike and atv i was gonna end up on my head on the ground I definitely would find another sport asap lol
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
3/26/2015 5:45pm
Better throw up a pole on bull riding...Tongue
Fat Fingers
3/26/2015 5:49pm
I dont really think you can compare this to motocross, I mean bull riding is for lack of a better word...dumb, I mean like the crashing...
I dont really think you can compare this to motocross, I mean bull riding is for lack of a better word...dumb, I mean like the crashing is built in, it's far different from competing against another person and a mistake can cause your accident, you're competing against an animal who's gonna win and youre gonna be on the ground, the best case scenario is your ass ends up on the ground, best case scenario in moto is youre upright at the finish and had a good time and or battle. I guess my point is that yeah this is different because every time they are gonna get chucked off the bull, I know that if everytime i got on my dirtbike and atv i was gonna end up on my head on the ground I definitely would find another sport asap lol
and letting your 14 year old kid ride a 200 lb machine with 39 others into a corner that fits 4 bikes then straight over a 90 foot table before a 100 foot step up would be considered by most people as dumb to.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/26/2015 8:38pm
Again, I wasn't trying to compare the two, or whether one is more dangerous than the other; it was just an example of what was mentioned on Pulp MX in regards to certain people taking notice and the sport becoming more difficult for kids, and even adults, to participate in.

It's the best sport in the world and also one of the only sports where a complete novice has access to the same equipment as a seasoned pro, and can also do as much damage to themselves regardless of the scenario.
It's also a close-knit group of passionate people, and when someone gets seriously injured or worse, it cuts you up a lot.

Just like those parents of the possible future stars of rodeo, this kind of publicity makes us look like we're just a bunch of "daredevils" that make uneducated decisions and are putting children in danger... They showed plenty of kids in pain but none with massive smiles after a fun, safe, day.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to the bike shop and chew on a PW50's brake cable.

I don't like serious Ezza, it just ain't right.Smile

Stay safe out there.
3/26/2015 8:41pm
PBR photogs all travel like TFS did.

And with a giant enclosed in tow.

Anyone have a purse or payout for these guys?
Last rodeo I saw made me think outside of our top 5, these guys make way more money from the rigs they were rolling in.

jeffro503
3/26/2015 8:59pm
I rode steers in the rodeos when I was young! Got my ass whooped every single time!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/26/2015 9:08pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I rode steers in the rodeos when I was young! Got my ass whooped every single time!
You'd be pissed too if your balls were cut off!Laughing
Zracer
3/26/2015 9:49pm
Ezza, if the shit hits the fan in the US it wont be about competition. They will go after the whole ball of wax with incredible funding from many special interests.Put away your petty ATV bs cause they could make this exact story about mx and all offroad bikes today. It will look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1I5DweHlnQ
7I3N
3/26/2015 9:50pm
Don't worry. The clowns in Washington DC are on it! Tongue

jeffro503
3/26/2015 10:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
Haha....very good point man! Funny story. , I remember my very first ride in a rodeo. I think I was like 7 - 8yrs old? I remember getting booted off that son of a bitch inside the pen right before they opened the gate , and then the damn thing drug me out about 50' to the center of the arena! So God damn embarrassing! Haha.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/26/2015 10:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....very good point man! Funny story. , I remember my very first ride in a rodeo. I think I was like 7 - 8yrs old? I...
Haha....very good point man! Funny story. , I remember my very first ride in a rodeo. I think I was like 7 - 8yrs old? I remember getting booted off that son of a bitch inside the pen right before they opened the gate , and then the damn thing drug me out about 50' to the center of the arena! So God damn embarrassing! Haha.
WoohooLaughingShockedBlinkPinch But you had fun right!?!Wink
Sandberm
3/27/2015 6:21am
When people complain how dangerous mx is I always like to go to the Dennis Miller card and his reference to females slammng their cervices into a frozen theater rope at 80 miles per hour during the "uneven" bars performance.

On a sidenote...maybe they should change the name of dragonsback section in sx to the "Uneven Jumps" section.

"Dungey just went all Thomas Flair through that section!"
3/27/2015 6:39am
I see what you're saying, Ezza. Change the film to jumping MX bikes - punctuated with gnarly crashes, and change the title to "DANGERS OF KIDS MOTOCROSSING" and that story would be about our sport...all to easily.
MotoMalyDad
3/27/2015 6:43am
Dtat720 wrote:
My little brother rode bulls from 13-28 yrs old. Several championships and invites to the xbr finals along with pbr wins and top ten year end...
My little brother rode bulls from 13-28 yrs old. Several championships and invites to the xbr finals along with pbr wins and top ten year end points finishes. Bull riding is not a family sport. Ive seen many, many families destroyed in it. Let alone the absolutely rampant drug use. Major meth and cocaine users along with the pain pill addictions. Bull riders are a unique breed. But far from what people think of them. Destroyed my little brother as well. Those guys chew you up and spit you out without a care in the world.
Wow, that's hardcore man. From an outsider you would never tell. Thanks for the insight. Sorry about your little brother..
Dtat720
3/27/2015 8:01am
PBR photogs all travel like TFS did. And with a giant enclosed in tow. Anyone have a purse or payout for these guys? Last rodeo I...
PBR photogs all travel like TFS did.

And with a giant enclosed in tow.

Anyone have a purse or payout for these guys?
Last rodeo I saw made me think outside of our top 5, these guys make way more money from the rigs they were rolling in.

Purses are ridiculous. Puts mx to shame. My brother could go to tuesday night jackpot and walk away with 10k with a win. They have past champion rodeos with 25-50k purses several times a year as well. My sister in law won one yesr before last in montana, shes a retired saddle bronc world champion, my brother got a 2nd and came home with 13k. The next week he was in the hospital leaking spinal fluid from a kick to the back. Protection vest and all... He is retired retired now, manages jay novachiks ranch in texas breeding bull stock.

Post a reply to: Dangers of Kids Bull Riding: Moto Related

The Latest