Dang...terrible line from the Junior World Champs PR...

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2014 11:29am
Yeah, this might be one of the more biased lines I've read in a Youthstream PR...

"Meanwhile, flying the flag high for the stars and stripes of America, Jeremy Ryan, Jett Reynolds and Biese Carter all have one thing in common, they can’t keep their bikes on two wheels. Despite running a very hot pace, all three were forced to be happy with something a little less than they had expected yet still very respectable results with third, fourth and fifth. Although the individuals weren’t where they wanted them to be, all the Americans were ecstatic at the end of the day as Team USA’s were crowned as the winning Junior Nation. Team Germany was second and Team France was third."

And that was for the winning team. So what do they say for Germany and France?
|
pilotdude
8/10/2014 2:04pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, this might be one of the more biased lines I've read in a Youthstream PR... "Meanwhile, flying the flag high for the stars and stripes...
Yeah, this might be one of the more biased lines I've read in a Youthstream PR...

"Meanwhile, flying the flag high for the stars and stripes of America, Jeremy Ryan, Jett Reynolds and Biese Carter all have one thing in common, they can’t keep their bikes on two wheels. Despite running a very hot pace, all three were forced to be happy with something a little less than they had expected yet still very respectable results with third, fourth and fifth. Although the individuals weren’t where they wanted them to be, all the Americans were ecstatic at the end of the day as Team USA’s were crowned as the winning Junior Nation. Team Germany was second and Team France was third."

And that was for the winning team. So what do they say for Germany and France?
Maybe, "Despite being obviously superior teams, Germany and France were once again victimized by bad luck, allowing Team USA to again steal a victory, despite its riders being unable to keep their bikes on two wheel."
zehn
8/10/2014 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 2:32pm
I mean, yeah, it's a little stab at the Americans, (and just another in the long line from YS) but I wouldn't say it was that bad.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/10/2014 2:07pm
Can't wait to see what they have to say about Team USA at the MXoN.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
8/10/2014 2:18pm
Do they have MXGeoff writing PRs for them now ?
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
8/10/2014 2:21pm

Come on guys, you will get over it. Whistling
dboivin
8/10/2014 2:23pm
agree, very biased. face it, everyone hates us. lol.

...our guys struggled, looks like everyone else struggled worse.
dean122
8/10/2014 2:24pm
What a bunch of shit. Our kids fly thousands of miles after a hell week at Lorettas, try and get acclimated to the time change, race in a mud slop shit mess, win the overall despite the adversity and this is the PR they get?!

Fuck Youthstream. I'm sure we'll keep wanting to send our teams there year after year so we can "steal" their championships.
Glory
8/10/2014 2:28pm
Meh, I earlier saw a vurb movie where one of the US rider said "we're somewhere here in not america.." with a cocky attitude. They can take it
dean122
8/10/2014 2:34pm
Glory wrote:
Meh, I earlier saw a vurb movie where one of the US rider said "we're somewhere here in not america.." with a cocky attitude. They can...
Meh, I earlier saw a vurb movie where one of the US rider said "we're somewhere here in not america.." with a cocky attitude. They can take it
So one comment from a tired kid on the road from just getting off a 13 hour flight is justification for a rib shot written PR by the organizing body?

Try again.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
8/10/2014 2:36pm
Haha, funny how fast the mighty americans get butthurt.
Glory
8/10/2014 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 2:40pm
Glory wrote:
Meh, I earlier saw a vurb movie where one of the US rider said "we're somewhere here in not america.." with a cocky attitude. They can...
dean122 wrote:
So one comment from a tired kid on the road from just getting off a 13 hour flight is justification for a rib shot written PR...
So one comment from a tired kid on the road from just getting off a 13 hour flight is justification for a rib shot written PR by the organizing body?

Try again.
I don't even get what's wrong with the pr. All i say is they all went down?

Maybe I'll get it tomorrow if it's that obvious. It's 00:00am here and i am on my phone supertired
watson
8/10/2014 2:43pm
I can tell you one thing, if a USA moto publication wrote that about some other country's kids, they'd have their throats ripped out. That said, I think some of the line is classless, but it's not that bad.
ATKpilot99
8/10/2014 2:46pm
watson wrote:
I can tell you one thing, if a USA moto publication wrote that about some other country's kids, they'd have their throats ripped out. That said...
I can tell you one thing, if a USA moto publication wrote that about some other country's kids, they'd have their throats ripped out. That said, I think some of the line is classless, but it's not that bad.
Thats what I think. It wasn't really that bad but obvious sour grapes from Youthstream.
ChrisB10
8/10/2014 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 2:47pm
What do Europeans do besides hating America and trying to move here?
jamma10
8/10/2014 2:48pm
Youthstream PRs are usually either written by Geoff or translated into English by (I presume) an Italian and these are often worded a little strangely.
Danster
8/10/2014 2:50pm
Calm down, its about the kids....
8/10/2014 2:51pm
GuyB wrote:
Can't wait to see what they have to say about Team USA at the MXoN.
After Americans swept each moto, mainly due to luck and cairoli being on a 250f, they were able to secure the win at the 2014 MXoN.

Thats what id assume they write but my version would be:

After sweeping each moto, due to skill, america was able to grab the overall and adding yet ANOTHER MXoN win to there list.
ATKpilot99
8/10/2014 2:54pm
jamma10 wrote:
Youthstream PRs are usually either written by Geoff or translated into English by (I presume) an Italian and these are often worded a little strangely.
This one definitely sounds like it was written by Geoff. Master of the backhanded compliment when it comes to American MX.
jamma10
8/10/2014 2:57pm
jamma10 wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
This one definitely sounds like it was written by Geoff. Master of the backhanded compliment when it comes to American MX.
That's who my money would be on Smile
mx757
8/10/2014 3:00pm
mxmasta wrote:
Almost as fast as the kids that just handed the world their asses again...
Bultaco
8/10/2014 3:07pm
Back in the Cold War days the US and USSR completed in a track meet. The only two teams/countries in the meet. The US won. When Pravda, the paper of the USSR, reported on the results it read something like this: "USSR finishes 2nd in a hard fought international track meet. USA finished next to last". Completely true, but a great example of propaganda. Looks like Youthstream PR went to the same school.
jamma10
8/10/2014 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 3:18pm
mxmasta wrote:
mx757 wrote:
Edit Nevermind
PressPassP
8/10/2014 3:20pm
watson wrote:
I can tell you one thing, if a USA moto publication wrote that about some other country's kids, they'd have their throats ripped out. That said...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Thats what I think. It wasn't really that bad but obvious sour grapes from Youthstream.
I don't really see it as too bad,I've followed the Championships over the weekend and watched the vids,Brock Papi went fastest in the 85cc qualifying,I guess they obviously would have hoped and expected to do better on race day than they did,I thought they'd get nearer to class wins to be honest

Not the classiest but then again MXA doesn't exactly have a great track record as far as respect for the Euros,just ask Dave Thorpe
JA946
8/10/2014 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 3:43pm
mxmasta wrote:
/facepalm
8/10/2014 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 3:45pm
mxmasta wrote:
mx757 wrote:
I wouldn't exactly say that,if anything they actually got it handed to them in their classes except maybe the 65cc,no need for the hate either way though:

125cc 11th,16th & 19th.
85cc 7th,16th & 40th
65cc 3rd,4th,5th

They tally results together to make up an overall team victory,well done on that and for making the trip,they seemed to dig it in the previews,all great experience too,
JA946
8/10/2014 3:45pm
I wouldn't exactly say that,if anything they actually got it handed to them in their classes except maybe the 65cc,no need for the hate either way...
I wouldn't exactly say that,if anything they actually got it handed to them in their classes except maybe the 65cc,no need for the hate either way though:

125cc 11th,16th & 19th.
85cc 7th,16th & 40th
65cc 3rd,4th,5th

They tally results together to make up an overall team victory,well done on that and for making the trip,they seemed to dig it in the previews,all great experience too,
How'd the UK do?
steve_97060
8/10/2014 3:48pm
watson wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
PressPassP wrote:
I don't really see it as too bad,I've followed the Championships over the weekend and watched the vids,Brock Papi went fastest in the 85cc qualifying,I guess...
I don't really see it as too bad,I've followed the Championships over the weekend and watched the vids,Brock Papi went fastest in the 85cc qualifying,I guess they obviously would have hoped and expected to do better on race day than they did,I thought they'd get nearer to class wins to be honest

Not the classiest but then again MXA doesn't exactly have a great track record as far as respect for the Euros,just ask Dave Thorpe
MXA has never been the PR department of AMA racing..
The Rock
8/10/2014 4:01pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Do they have MXGeoff writing PRs for them now ?
The Junior MXoN race reports have been being written by Nikki who is a young woman who also races. I have met her a couple of times and she's a racer herself that is one thousand percent into MX.

Reason I am 99 percent sure I know who wrote this is I just yesterday had just asked via e mail who was writing the race reports after I saw the Junior MXoN press release about qualifying with the words "hammered by rain" followed by a pretty gripping race report so I was like "who wrote that?" as I had the vibe it had to be a racer. I e mailed YS and learned it was Nikki. I was like right on! In 2012 she was in YS food service/hospitality side and last year I saw her at Media Will Call and now 2014 she's writing race reports.

Personally I don't see any big let's bash on Team USA conspiracy here just a first hand race report and it is apparent she's seen a few soil samples this weekend. Admittedly she could have worded it better but as a racer maybe she's (oh boy never want to think I know what a female is thinking LOL) hinting if they'd back it down a little they'd won a moto or finished higher individually.

Unless Team USA wasn't expecting to finish higher individually or our young lions didn't crash this reports strikes me as factual.

"Meanwhile, flying the flag high for the stars and stripes of America, Jeremy Ryan, Jett Reynolds and Biese Carter all have one thing in common, they can’t keep their bikes on two wheels. Despite running a very hot pace, all three were forced to be happy with something a little less than they had expected yet still very respectable results with third, fourth and fifth. Although the individuals weren’t where they wanted them to be, all the Americans were ecstatic at the end of the day as Team USA’s were crowned as the winning Junior Nation."

Post a reply to: Dang...terrible line from the Junior World Champs PR...

The Latest