Damn TV Schedule

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
8/18/2012 10:52pm
I still haven't figured out how to turn my tv on.
tblazier
8/19/2012 5:12am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 5:13am
Faceaz wrote:
I can't stand it, one part Fuel, one part MSNBC, one part NBC. Came inside to watch it & didn't have the 2nd 450 moto recorded...
I can't stand it, one part Fuel, one part MSNBC, one part NBC. Came inside to watch it & didn't have the 2nd 450 moto recorded, first time all year I can remember one on NBC.

I don't see quarters of basketball broken up over 3 networks or 4 innings of a baseball game on one station & 5 on another.

I realize it's a longer event, but the viewership would be stronger if people were getting lost among 3 or 4 different stations.
I hate to complain but damn it is awful. I have to work on Saturdays and EVERY week my DVR misses at least one of the races. Yesterday it was the NBC 450 moto. There is just always some problem and I can never figure out what caused it, All In know is when I get home something is not there. INFURIATING!!!
tydog
8/19/2012 5:25am
I was damned happy with the coverage. The MX powers that be cannot help that anybody's f'n local station chose not to carry it.
I remember full well the WWoS days and also the TNN, Diamond P and Seals Communications days. I think that DC and crew have put in a helluva an effort to get us what we have. Is the package perfect; no but we all should try to support it and not undermine it. I appreciate anybody who sincerely tries.
If they throw up their hands in aggravation like some sniveling shits on here, the titty babies will really have something to cry about.
8/19/2012 5:27am
Sprout was very entertaining,although I did get to watch the information bar at the bottom of the screen read "Motorcycle Racing 3:00pm - 4:00pm" for an hour. Miss Cleo would even have a hard time figuring this shit out.

The Shop

brakecheck
8/19/2012 11:19am
OK i am not bitchin about the schedule or anything ! I screwed up and didn't change my DVR when Direct TV changed my local NBC to a new channel and I missed the 2nd 450 moto yesterday. Does anyone know where I can watch that moto on the net??
Denn700
8/19/2012 1:04pm
I think an easy fix would be to cut the major network channels out for now until there is at least some type of way to watch all four motos on the Internet. I was happy with that last year. I would gladly pay a membership to watch the races. MX sports could also charge for a Loretta Lynn package and I would gladly pay to watch every moto.
Denn700
8/19/2012 3:00pm
One more idea. Why not show both 450 moto's NBC a few days or even a week after the shows have been live on another channel? The casual viewer that doesn't keep up with motocross isn't going to know or care if it is live. It would make for a better show. You could show the highlites of both motos instead of Dungey riding by himself for 35 minutes.
8/19/2012 9:44pm
I think that the tv schedule has been great we get to see most of the motos live and they are always on one of three channels. Its not that hard to figure out the first motos always on fuel live if the second moto isnt on NBC sport network then its on NBC. I have not missed a moto except for when the tour de france ran longer I missed the last half of the 250 moto. If you cant figure out how to set your DVR have one of your kidsdo it and bam problem solved.
8/19/2012 9:49pm
disbanded wrote:
I still haven't figured out how to turn my tv on.
I still haven't figured out what kind of batteries my 52inch is supposed to run on.
gt80rider
8/19/2012 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 11:48pm
i get the feeling the current tv package is the way it is because it was the cheapest thing they could come up with...

no it's not rocket science, but i spend too much time every FREAK'n week making sure i get everything recorded, and i've still missed motos... seriously, it shouldn't be a chore to catch all the mx races...

the answer is simple... Keep them on ONE network.... period.... preferably Speed .. but fuel, or nbc sports if the cash just isn't there....
pmcc
8/20/2012 3:02am
Denn700 wrote:
One more idea. Why not show both 450 moto's NBC a few days or even a week after the shows have been live on another channel...
One more idea. Why not show both 450 moto's NBC a few days or even a week after the shows have been live on another channel? The casual viewer that doesn't keep up with motocross isn't going to know or care if it is live. It would make for a better show. You could show the highlites of both motos instead of Dungey riding by himself for 35 minutes.
This idea makes a lot of sense!

The casual viewer who is flicking through the channels isn't going to sit through 4 hour of mx. So a highlight package for them maybe an 1hr- 1hr 1/2 on a regular slot on one network

And for the hardcore fans, an on line package showing all races live!
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
8/20/2012 4:34am
pmcc wrote:
This idea makes a lot of sense! The casual viewer who is flicking through the channels isn't going to sit through 4 hour of mx. So...
This idea makes a lot of sense!

The casual viewer who is flicking through the channels isn't going to sit through 4 hour of mx. So a highlight package for them maybe an 1hr- 1hr 1/2 on a regular slot on one network

The solution could be this easy!
You can say about the GPs and their promotors what you want, but this MX-Live online streaming package is awesome!
Walter
8/20/2012 5:10am
Denn700 wrote:
I think an easy fix would be to cut the major network channels out for now until there is at least some type of way to...
I think an easy fix would be to cut the major network channels out for now until there is at least some type of way to watch all four motos on the Internet. I was happy with that last year. I would gladly pay a membership to watch the races. MX sports could also charge for a Loretta Lynn package and I would gladly pay to watch every moto.
Pay for view TV targets the market you already have. If your goal is to broaden the reach of the sport, it is not the way to go.

The network channels have viewer numbers that are far above the niche sports channels. To be on NBC gives the sport the best chance to grow its viewers and fans.

NBC has said they intend to grow NBC Sports to be a worthy competitor to the Speed group (Fox). Probably not a bad place to be as one can also do some shows on the mainstream NBC channel if you have a partnership with them.

Yes, it is not ideal right now...but we all saw four MX motos live...that is the bottom line.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
8/20/2012 8:17am
An on line package would be great, but DC relayed once if not a thousand times that the nature of TV contracts here don't allow it at the present time. It would be cool if they could dovetail it in the future with the streaming content NBCSN has up now and ran through the olympics. Maybe that'll change as the networks get a handle on integrating web and conventional broadcast properties, instead of fearing the web as they do now. But for the present, DC has been pretty forthcoming that they were put to the choice and TV is the priority.

So is abandoning TV to provide streaming for the core group of fans the option for the US the answer, as YS has done with the US market by completely abandoning any notion of TV broadcasts to provide a thousand or so paying customers access?

What the teams have said in the past and apparently remains the case is that sponsors want to know what exposure they are getting, and the web doesn't mean anything to them in that respect.

We've seen a return of teams and riders to the outdoors here and new teams spawned since MXSports connected to Alli and together they have managed to get more live motos up and some of those live motos on one of the main broadcast networks during prime sports viewing hours. That's the exposure that drives the sponsorship opportunities the sport can't live without and needs to have to sustain itself or even grow. People shouldn't lose sight of that even if it imposes the crushing burden of having to check a TV schedule and change a channel. It's not like that some radical step backward, as some of you contend, but in fact the same thing you did with the exception that one channel swapped from Speed to NBCSN.
Hank_Thrill
8/20/2012 10:27am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2012 10:27am
Hey, just be glad you didn't go this far without realizing CBS Sports was carried by your cable provider --- like I did.
yz763
8/20/2012 10:32am
DownSouth wrote:
THE TV SCHEDULE IS IN THE SAME PLACE EVERY WEEK IN THE RACE LINKS THREAD PINNED TO TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOES NOT...
THE TV SCHEDULE IS IN THE SAME PLACE EVERY WEEK IN THE RACE LINKS THREAD PINNED TO TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOES NOT MOVE OR DISAPPEAR UNTIL THE RACES ARE OVER.
So how does this attract new viewers that aren't up on MX forums or have no clue what RacerX is? Furthermore, how does it tell the viewers that aren't moto heads like us that they need to change the channel because there is more racing? It doesn't.

This sport is in serious trouble and will continue to spiral into the shitter if people do not respect the old addage, "It takes money to make money."

Post a reply to: Damn TV Schedule

The Latest