Damn TV Schedule

Faceaz
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2012 10:32am
I can't stand it, one part Fuel, one part MSNBC, one part NBC. Came inside to watch it & didn't have the 2nd 450 moto recorded, first time all year I can remember one on NBC.

I don't see quarters of basketball broken up over 3 networks or 4 innings of a baseball game on one station & 5 on another.

I realize it's a longer event, but the viewership would be stronger if people were getting lost among 3 or 4 different stations.
|
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/18/2012 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2012 4:23pm
Seriously, it's that hard to sort out? Really?

Dwayne pins the schedule on the top of this board each week, it's running on the sidebar here, and it's pinned at the RacerX site. You really have to make an effort to screw it up. In every other sport you have to check the schedule to see what time and channel a game's on.

The basketball analogy doesn't wash for a ton of reasons, not the least of which is that a set of motos takes longer and is pursued by orders of magnitude less people. It's not going to happen in the US fore the foreseeable future. If as many people watched MX as watch basketball, maybe it would happen, but we don't have that viewing audience as yet. For every person watching MX there's probably ten-twenty that'll sit through a golf tournament or basketball or football.

Budd's Creek and Red Bud also ran the second 450 on the main NBC station.
Faceaz
8/18/2012 4:29pm
Whatever... It's fucking anoying. My DVR is pre-programmed to record all the motocross (which is typically MSNBC, Speed or Fuel). Never have to look @ the posted schedule. But today, it sounds like a good idea to throw a 4th station into the mix.

I'm glad it's on TV, but viewership would go up if they were consistent, sorry you can't see that.
DownSouth
8/18/2012 4:32pm
You must have missed the other 3 races that were on NBC as well.
Lightning78
8/18/2012 4:37pm
Faceaz wrote:
I can't stand it, one part Fuel, one part MSNBC, one part NBC. Came inside to watch it & didn't have the 2nd 450 moto recorded...
I can't stand it, one part Fuel, one part MSNBC, one part NBC. Came inside to watch it & didn't have the 2nd 450 moto recorded, first time all year I can remember one on NBC.

I don't see quarters of basketball broken up over 3 networks or 4 innings of a baseball game on one station & 5 on another.

I realize it's a longer event, but the viewership would be stronger if people were getting lost among 3 or 4 different stations.
I totally feel your pain as i missed the 2nd 450 moto too....scheduled my entire day around FINALLY having a full block of race coverage....and yet again, like 80% of the broadcasts for the ourdoors have been an epic fail.....not bec of DC but bec the networks decided to just shift it around at their convenience....im still steaming about it!!!

The Shop

DA498
8/18/2012 4:38pm
Seriously, it's that hard to sort out? Really? Dwayne pins the schedule on the top of this board each week, it's running on the sidebar here...
Seriously, it's that hard to sort out? Really?

Dwayne pins the schedule on the top of this board each week, it's running on the sidebar here, and it's pinned at the RacerX site. You really have to make an effort to screw it up. In every other sport you have to check the schedule to see what time and channel a game's on.

The basketball analogy doesn't wash for a ton of reasons, not the least of which is that a set of motos takes longer and is pursued by orders of magnitude less people. It's not going to happen in the US fore the foreseeable future. If as many people watched MX as watch basketball, maybe it would happen, but we don't have that viewing audience as yet. For every person watching MX there's probably ten-twenty that'll sit through a golf tournament or basketball or football.

Budd's Creek and Red Bud also ran the second 450 on the main NBC station.
Not that its hard to figure out, but have to say its lame....
Faceaz
8/18/2012 4:40pm
DownSouth wrote:
Yep, but 3 races of 40 isn't that big. Consistency would make sense.
Walter
8/18/2012 4:41pm
Really a minor inconvenience to read the schedule, to switch channels and/or to set the machine(s) correctly.

All I know is that I recorded and watched 4 live motos of MX today. Pretty Cool!

The harsh reality is that our viewer numbers are in the toilet compared to other sports and we are lucky that there are folks at the helm who pay the money to buy the TV time (they don't get paid like in other sports) and then try to recoup their investment by selling advertising in the secondary market.

Thanks to DC and all the rest of the folks who made it possible.
DownSouth
8/18/2012 4:43pm
Faceaz wrote:
I can't stand it, one part Fuel, one part MSNBC, one part NBC. Came inside to watch it & didn't have the 2nd 450 moto recorded...

I totally feel your pain as i missed the 2nd 450 moto too....scheduled my entire day around FINALLY having a full block of race coverage....and yet...
I totally feel your pain as i missed the 2nd 450 moto too....scheduled my entire day around FINALLY having a full block of race coverage....and yet again, like 80% of the broadcasts for the ourdoors have been an epic fail.....not bec of DC but bec the networks decided to just shift it around at their convenience....im still steaming about it!!!
The networks did not shift anything around. The TV schedule that was posted back in May was spot on for today

You have been complaining all day because you put your TV on the wrong channel.
DownSouth
8/18/2012 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2012 4:47pm
DownSouth wrote:
Faceaz wrote:
Consistency? For at least the last 3 years NBC has aired the 450 motos from Mt Morris, Budds Creek, Red Bud and Unadilla. Pretty consistent if you ask me.

The same stuff went on last year with NBC having some motos and Speed the others.
Faceaz
8/18/2012 4:46pm
Walter wrote:
Really a minor inconvenience to read the schedule, to switch channels and/or to set the machine(s) correctly. All I know is that I recorded and watched...
Really a minor inconvenience to read the schedule, to switch channels and/or to set the machine(s) correctly.

All I know is that I recorded and watched 4 live motos of MX today. Pretty Cool!

The harsh reality is that our viewer numbers are in the toilet compared to other sports and we are lucky that there are folks at the helm who pay the money to buy the TV time (they don't get paid like in other sports) and then try to recoup their investment by selling advertising in the secondary market.

Thanks to DC and all the rest of the folks who made it possible.
I know a way to get the numbers up Wink
Lightning78
8/18/2012 4:47pm
DownSouth wrote:
Yes he did.....AS DID I when I made my post, you might want to consider that when its RACE DAY, there are a lot of new threads popping up...thus pushung back threads that were written about the tv coverage. I checked before I made mine and didnt see a thread but there was a duplicate so it was pulled..... and the search feature? C'mon, its likely the original thread about todays coverage (or lack thereof) got pushed to the 2nd page, how often do you go to the 2nd page to check on a thread before you post? I dont because this has been a very hotly debated topic and all of out voices have been heard over and over yet everything keeps getting WORSE!!!!! So im assuming the OP didnt know or see on the 1st page, a thread about the shitty shell game that is the act of trying to watch our sport..............what network is it on thius time? oh fox for 10 mins then we go to ABC for 15 mins then move on over to NBC....wait is it nbc sports of nbc? Did the broadcast guide say it was on nbc sports when ity wasnt? Yes, mine did........ I get it, 4 hours is a long block of tv but some of the guys in charge should stop patting themselves on the back until the coverage can be consistent for at least 1 one race..... its infuriating especially when you have people over to watch and all of a sudden we have an infomercial, boat racing, or some kids show.....I wish somebody in charge would have the stones to stand up and say something to the networks or JUST GO BACK TO SPEED COVERAGE, at least they got it right and didnt pre-empt or move the show around so you have to go on a treasure hunt to find it.
Faceaz
8/18/2012 4:48pm
DownSouth wrote:
Faceaz wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Consistency? For at least the last 3 years NBC has aired the 450 motos from Mt Morris, Budds Creek, Red Bud and Unadilla. Pretty consistent if...
Consistency? For at least the last 3 years NBC has aired the 450 motos from Mt Morris, Budds Creek, Red Bud and Unadilla. Pretty consistent if you ask me.

The same stuff went on last year with NBC having some motos and Speed the others.
But only 1 450 moto from today.
DownSouth
8/18/2012 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2012 4:49pm
DownSouth wrote:
Yes he did.....AS DID I when I made my post, you might want to consider that when its RACE DAY, there are a lot of new...
Yes he did.....AS DID I when I made my post, you might want to consider that when its RACE DAY, there are a lot of new threads popping up...thus pushung back threads that were written about the tv coverage. I checked before I made mine and didnt see a thread but there was a duplicate so it was pulled..... and the search feature? C'mon, its likely the original thread about todays coverage (or lack thereof) got pushed to the 2nd page, how often do you go to the 2nd page to check on a thread before you post? I dont because this has been a very hotly debated topic and all of out voices have been heard over and over yet everything keeps getting WORSE!!!!! So im assuming the OP didnt know or see on the 1st page, a thread about the shitty shell game that is the act of trying to watch our sport..............what network is it on thius time? oh fox for 10 mins then we go to ABC for 15 mins then move on over to NBC....wait is it nbc sports of nbc? Did the broadcast guide say it was on nbc sports when ity wasnt? Yes, mine did........ I get it, 4 hours is a long block of tv but some of the guys in charge should stop patting themselves on the back until the coverage can be consistent for at least 1 one race..... its infuriating especially when you have people over to watch and all of a sudden we have an infomercial, boat racing, or some kids show.....I wish somebody in charge would have the stones to stand up and say something to the networks or JUST GO BACK TO SPEED COVERAGE, at least they got it right and didnt pre-empt or move the show around so you have to go on a treasure hunt to find it.
THE TV SCHEDULE IS IN THE SAME PLACE EVERY WEEK IN THE RACE LINKS THREAD PINNED TO TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOES NOT MOVE OR DISAPPEAR UNTIL THE RACES ARE OVER.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/18/2012 4:53pm
I Haven't missed a moto all year...
LowPsi
8/18/2012 5:08pm
ML512 wrote:
I Haven't missed a moto all year...
Same here. It's so easy ........ Thanks DC and Co for making it all happen.
Mr. G
8/18/2012 5:15pm
I hear that next year they are going to change the channel coverage during the moto's so the viewer can try to keep up and really feel part of it all.
Denn700
8/18/2012 6:18pm
My NBC network decided to show "Noodle Doodle" instead of the racing. I wish there was some where I could compare the viewership of AMA motocross to "Noodle Doodle".
bvm111
8/18/2012 6:24pm
You mean like a motorsports channel such as...like... Speed or maybe fuel... That's a novel idea!!! I just gave up trying to watch, yes it's that difficult, yes it's that hard, yes I believe it should all be on one channel or put it all online and charge. I know DC said he didn't want to charge... But... I would easily pay 10 bucks a weekend to just sit my ass in front of my computer and watch it online... Just sayin!!!
TX24
8/18/2012 6:34pm
I missed the second 450 moto today. What I was looking at said 11:30 and 3:00 bummed.
8/18/2012 6:38pm
Local NBC affiliate in rhode island showed the wiggles today. Though they did have wiggles in the guide. Guess they figure no one inRI wanted to see mx.
se7enmx
8/18/2012 6:52pm
I went cycling today. Better to keep in shape to ride my motorcycle than stress over trying to find the stations to watch the racing. Plus I have to pay for FUEL TV which sucks so I can possibly watch a race. Only caught a couple of motos. What a complete waste of time to bother with this schedule. Networks dont care what you think. We are small beans in the scheme of sports.
8/18/2012 7:00pm
I can accept getting bumped by basketball, baseball, or (yawn) golf. But to be bumped by the wiggles??? No respect, no respect at all as Rodney would say.
Ing
8/18/2012 7:08pm
Denn700 wrote:
My NBC network decided to show "Noodle Doodle" instead of the racing. I wish there was some where I could compare the viewership of AMA motocross...
My NBC network decided to show "Noodle Doodle" instead of the racing. I wish there was some where I could compare the viewership of AMA motocross to "Noodle Doodle".
That's exactly what I got. NoodleDoodle. For an HOUR.
Faceaz
8/18/2012 7:54pm
DownSouth wrote:
Faceaz wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Consistency? For at least the last 3 years NBC has aired the 450 motos from Mt Morris, Budds Creek, Red Bud and Unadilla. Pretty consistent if...

Consistency. Let me relate it to something so you might grasp it:

During the weekday mornings, we like many Americans have news on TV. The Today show with George Steponopoulous (however the fuck you spell it) is our typical program. It's on every morning at the same time, 7am. Now, if it was on channel 12 one day, channel 10 the next, 15 the day after, etc. etc., I would say fuck it & find another TV show. Consistency.

If you really wake up in the morning and say "oh, Unadilla today, that's one is on a different channel than the other racing" - then I would say you spend far too much time reading the TV guide.

I personally liked it when the 450's were one show & the 250's another (I might be confusing MX / SX). Eventhough both motos were condensed into 1 hour, at least I wasn't left hanging on who took the overall. The shows were typically played Sunday mornings, I didn't care, I just wouldn't look @ results till it played.

This is how to get viewers - consitency. The average hill billy flicking through the channels will stop @ Motocross & watch it. When it's over, he won't go hunting around looking for more Motocross (probably doesn't even know it's on), he'll just be onto another show. When people that want to watch it get thrown off by all the different channels / times, there's something screwed up with the programming.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/18/2012 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2012 7:55pm
DownSouth wrote:
Faceaz wrote:
DownSouth wrote:

You're wasting your time with the facts, i.e., that the only difference this year is that most second motos are on NBCSN rather than on Speed, and that there's nothing really different about it than that here in the states, and that people had to suffer the terribly challenging ordeal of -- oh my goodness, here it comes -- changing channels on their televisions last year.

Some of you, if you had all four motos live on one station, would be bitching at MXSports that its confusing to have to keep track of time zones.
brakecheck
8/18/2012 8:46pm
Where can I watch the 2nd 450 moto on the net. Please someone HELP
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/18/2012 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2012 9:24pm
You're easily confused.

Let's say you're an NFL fan, the biggest sports empire in the states right now. There's, what, three principal networks your team's game might be shown on, on Sunday at three possible different times, Monday and sometimes Thursday and Saturday. No one bitches that they have to confirm where to watch the games they want to watch. It's not any different for the other major sports. But the MX TV schedule gets spoon fed to the redass brats in MX and they cry foul because it requires them to pay a child's measure of attention.
ocscottie
8/18/2012 9:24pm
FreshTopEnd wrote: Some of you, if you had all four motos live on one station, would be bitching at MXSports that its confusing to have to keep track of time zones.

That is freakin hilarious...and so true. Blink
Mr. G
8/18/2012 10:43pm
You're easily confused. Let's say you're an NFL fan, the biggest sports empire in the states right now. There's, what, three principal networks your team's game...
You're easily confused.

Let's say you're an NFL fan, the biggest sports empire in the states right now. There's, what, three principal networks your team's game might be shown on, on Sunday at three possible different times, Monday and sometimes Thursday and Saturday. No one bitches that they have to confirm where to watch the games they want to watch. It's not any different for the other major sports. But the MX TV schedule gets spoon fed to the redass brats in MX and they cry foul because it requires them to pay a child's measure of attention.
You are very helpful.

Post a reply to: Damn TV Schedule

The Latest