Dallas Cowboys Stadium...

mt798
2/20/2010 11:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:53pm
Hey Blue, it's good to hear from you but a total bummer you still haven't found any work. Even with my steady income I will not pay those prices nor will I spend any money in Arlington! Remember Mosier Valley? I know you do as you won your GNC International Finals Title there. You may also remember what was going on with Jerry Surber the owner of Mosier Valley and the city of Arlington. I raced that track since the 70's and I haven't ridden as much since that track was sold and closed down.

What happened was the track ended up in a rezoning conflict. It used to be in Fort Worth but the area was rezoned and it ended up in Arlington. The city of Arlington didn't realize this or think much about it in the beginning. What Arlington was concerned about though was a city park on the other side of the Trinity River. People complained about the noise disturbing the possums and raccoons over there. So, when Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck got a hold of the fact that Mosier Vally was on HIS land he went to war on Surber nit picking everything he could to pressure him into selling out. Cluck started crunching numbers and figured HE was not capitalizing on profits from races like the GNC or practice or regular races for that matter. Most of that money was being spent in Fort Worth. Use too when anyone got hurt an ambulance from Fort Worth would show up if needed and take care of things. That stopped. All of a sudden someone gets hurt and an ambulance gets called Arlington would show up and you'd think all hell hit the fan with fire trucks, cop cars and city officials. They closed down the viewing building with the D&S shop because of code violations. They fined Surber for pulling water out of the nasty ass Trinity River because he didn't have a permit to do so. They would come out during night practice and badger people for having a little fire built. A Grandfather Clause was protecting the track since it had been there forever otherwise Arlington Mayor Gluck would of shut it down immediately! I could go on but you get the picture. Long story short Surber got tired of court costs and such and sold it to the City, game over. They closed down our play ground. It's still there too, wasting away.

So, that's my version of it anyway and I still will not spend my money in Arlington. I spent thousands of dollars and bought all my bikes and parts at D&S in Arlington and still love those guy's! Really good people at that shop but too many crooks in office there! Yes, they ran people out of their homes to build the Cowboys Stadium. One guy they showed on the news had lived in his house since he was a kid and chained himself to a tree on his property. Shit, they might of burried him right there with a dozer, who knows? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Jerry Jones that had that power it was government and Gluck that made that happen. I'm sure his wallet got a lot fatter in the process as well. Like I said, I'll see you in Houston...

mt798
3/20/2010 11:54am
I had to resurrect this post I made back in February questioning the dirt they had "rented" for the PBR event. Hearing what the dirt is like tonight I have to ask. Why didn't they just dig up some Mosier Valley dirt? Damn good dirt too. I mean Arlington owns it and Surber sold dirt from there all the time before the forced sell out. I wonder who they rented the dirt from?

The Shop

Post a reply to: Dallas Cowboys Stadium...

The Latest