DV934 speed secrets...

mx_563
Remember how DV always used to talk about "opening up the corners" on the PulpMX show???

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIGrPMgHkR/?taken-by=dv934

Really interesting to see it put into practice. I really hope it works out for them in 17'

On a side note, I wonder if Christian's running 12psi with an intermeidate/hard terrain tire mounted to stock wheels
#stockisbetter Wink
|
kmp1219
11/22/2016 4:02pm
DV was so smooth back in the day, one of the real technicians of our sport. During his best years he was so relaxed and at home on the bike, made it look effortless.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
11/22/2016 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 11/22/2016 4:18pm
I always thought DV looked like a goon. I think taller people in general just don't look quite right on a bike. I know he roams these boards and if he reads that I hope he doesn't take offense to it but because of that I feel it is ironic that he has now taken this role of riding coach although what he says about riding makes a lot of sense. He was the real deal in terms of speed on a Supercross track for a few years though, there is no denying that. I remember watching him straight up beat McGrath in Phoenix and I was so confused. Haha
11/22/2016 4:24pm
731chopper wrote:
I always thought DV looked like a goon. I think taller people in general just don't look quite right on a bike. I know he roams...
I always thought DV looked like a goon. I think taller people in general just don't look quite right on a bike. I know he roams these boards and if he reads that I hope he doesn't take offense to it but because of that I feel it is ironic that he has now taken this role of riding coach although what he says about riding makes a lot of sense. He was the real deal in terms of speed on a Supercross track for a few years though, there is no denying that. I remember watching him straight up beat McGrath in Phoenix and I was so confused. Haha
As a taller guy it's very difficult to be graceful on a bike. With boots and 6D I'm almost 6' 7". When I watch guys like DV it's awe inspiring how smooth he was for his size.

The Shop

Flatliner
11/22/2016 6:31pm
kmp1219 wrote:
DV was so smooth back in the day, one of the real technicians of our sport. During his best years he was so relaxed and at...
DV was so smooth back in the day, one of the real technicians of our sport. During his best years he was so relaxed and at home on the bike, made it look effortless.
Dude I must have a very different interpretation of riding. I never ever saw him and thought he was smooth.
kmp1219
11/22/2016 6:48pm
Flatliner wrote:
Dude I must have a very different interpretation of riding. I never ever saw him and thought he was smooth.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMEjGf7g6Dy/

Watch this clip. 7 seconds in DV carries speed thru the berm and doubles perfectly over a technical section that even McGrath looked like a C class rider in.

Being smooth isn't always about someone's grace and posture, or how they look on the bike. Truly being smooth is being able to hit your marks everytime. DV had good corner speed and made far fewer mistakes most anyone he shared a track with.
Crush
11/22/2016 6:49pm
kmp1219 wrote:
DV was so smooth back in the day, one of the real technicians of our sport. During his best years he was so relaxed and at...
Flatliner wrote:
He was definitely smooth, he just used body english to do it.

CP is smooth whilst also being a minimalist in terms of his input.

Barcia is neither.

RV was aggressive as hell but didn't get too radical on the bike.
Zycki11
11/22/2016 6:56pm
kmp1219 wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
Crush wrote:
He was definitely smooth, he just used body english to do it. CP is smooth whilst also being a minimalist in terms of his input. Barcia...

Barcia is neither.

The guy who uses the most body english to be smooth hands down is Marvin.
Turbojez
11/23/2016 5:57am
Zycki11 wrote:
I haven't seen DV riding, but Marvin's style is extremely impressing. I never noticed it as much as I did while watching straight rhythm this year.
BobPA
11/23/2016 6:32am
The video that surface of DV goon riding a few years ago was actually a training session....

Still one hell of a lot faster then I can dream of being.
Camp332
11/23/2016 6:42am
BobPA wrote:
The video that surface of DV goon riding a few years ago was actually a training session.... Still one hell of a lot faster then I...
The video that surface of DV goon riding a few years ago was actually a training session....

Still one hell of a lot faster then I can dream of being.
jj welks
11/23/2016 6:57am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2016 6:58am
Haha... The hand raise gets me every time
RPM68
11/23/2016 10:08am
lol I took that pic at work and posted it on his twitter...
colonel
11/23/2016 10:28am
Love the comments between Saylor and him on the post.
11/23/2016 11:27am
mx_563 wrote:
Remember how DV always used to talk about "opening up the corners" on the PulpMX show??? https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIGrPMgHkR/?taken-by=dv934 Really interesting to see it put into practice. I...
Remember how DV always used to talk about "opening up the corners" on the PulpMX show???

Really interesting to see it put into practice. I really hope it works out for them in 17'

On a side note, I wonder if Christian's running 12psi with an intermeidate/hard terrain tire mounted to stock wheels
#stockisbetter Wink
A few years back I was out riding with the kid who became Thai SX champ, while he was been coached by Yamaha's Japanese number 1 coach. The coach was teaching this kid to gently get on the power at the start of the berm, not mid apex. It improved him ten fold and the odd time I got it correct the bike squatted leant over easily and railed the berm at extreme knots.
The last couple of years I have heard it come up with USA SX races that they coast the turns. Western Peick was one guy that said he found it hard to adjust to this technique. anybody got any input? I have had my ears pricked trying to pick up on the technique and concept
brimx153
11/23/2016 12:11pm
A few years back I was out riding with the kid who became Thai SX champ, while he was been coached by Yamaha's Japanese number 1...
A few years back I was out riding with the kid who became Thai SX champ, while he was been coached by Yamaha's Japanese number 1 coach. The coach was teaching this kid to gently get on the power at the start of the berm, not mid apex. It improved him ten fold and the odd time I got it correct the bike squatted leant over easily and railed the berm at extreme knots.
The last couple of years I have heard it come up with USA SX races that they coast the turns. Western Peick was one guy that said he found it hard to adjust to this technique. anybody got any input? I have had my ears pricked trying to pick up on the technique and concept
i d love more input about this to . i know for ruts i use the Torttelli way , which is to release the brakes before the corner ,and coast around it till ur just past the apex . i find it works great . for ruts. but for bowl turns i find it very hard to do. i ve heard keefer say you brake before the turn and power around it . I d love to know is the old technique , teached by Gary Semic s gone now . where you are either on the brake s or throttle no coasting . or are there certain corners you should still do this . also when they say coasting around , does that mean no brakes at all ,or does it mean light brakes all the way round the corner and using your momemtum before the turn ,to corner rather than the throttle . would love to here more about this
brimx153
11/23/2016 12:31pm
A few years back I was out riding with the kid who became Thai SX champ, while he was been coached by Yamaha's Japanese number 1...
this is a good video about it , i d just love to know if your ment to do it in every type of turn or just ruts
Jdawggg
11/23/2016 2:30pm
mx_563 wrote:
Remember how DV always used to talk about "opening up the corners" on the PulpMX show??? https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIGrPMgHkR/?taken-by=dv934 Really interesting to see it put into practice. I...

#stockisbetter Wink
Last time DV tried to take a outside line like that K-Dub put him into outer space! (Phoenix SX)
11/23/2016 3:19pm
http://m.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Red-Bull-KTM-Factory-Racing-2017-Sup…

Imo you can see the difference between musquin and dungey in this video where it seems marvin is hard on the brakes late, then hard on the gas and Dungey is off the brakes early and gradually rolls on the throttle
11/23/2016 4:28pm
BS la Cobra was one of the smoothest ever... in fact DeCoster Hannah Windam the smoothest and the tallest.. Hhm it is obvious you are short guy and bitter about that fact #Bro!
11/23/2016 6:18pm
BS la Cobra was one of the smoothest ever... in fact DeCoster Hannah Windam the smoothest and the tallest.. Hhm it is obvious you are short...
BS la Cobra was one of the smoothest ever... in fact DeCoster Hannah Windam the smoothest and the tallest.. Hhm it is obvious you are short guy and bitter about that fact #Bro!
You are obviously very young and did not see or remember Hannah race, smooth he was not!
11/23/2016 7:08pm
brimx153 wrote:
i d love more input about this to . i know for ruts i use the Torttelli way , which is to release the brakes before...
i d love more input about this to . i know for ruts i use the Torttelli way , which is to release the brakes before the corner ,and coast around it till ur just past the apex . i find it works great . for ruts. but for bowl turns i find it very hard to do. i ve heard keefer say you brake before the turn and power around it . I d love to know is the old technique , teached by Gary Semic s gone now . where you are either on the brake s or throttle no coasting . or are there certain corners you should still do this . also when they say coasting around , does that mean no brakes at all ,or does it mean light brakes all the way round the corner and using your momemtum before the turn ,to corner rather than the throttle . would love to here more about this
I have always ridden the same as you with Gary Semics method on the brakes or on the power. But I do trail brake ruts and most slower corners. Western said this is what he found hardest to reteach himself not to be either braking or on the gas to actually roll the corner.
11/23/2016 7:13pm
http://m.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Red-Bull-KTM-Factory-Racing-2017-Supercross-Testing,14724/GD2,43126 Imo you can see the difference between musquin and dungey in this video where it seems marvin is hard on the brakes late, then hard...
http://m.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Red-Bull-KTM-Factory-Racing-2017-Sup…

Imo you can see the difference between musquin and dungey in this video where it seems marvin is hard on the brakes late, then hard on the gas and Dungey is off the brakes early and gradually rolls on the throttle
That video is a great example of it seems they are rolling the corner. Its funny I watched that and thought Dungy's entry was a touch slower and he accelerated sooner and maybe a little harder than Musquin. You see the opposite. LOl, funny 2 people watch the same thing and have an opposite prospective. Thanks for the vid
11/23/2016 7:16pm
brimx153 wrote:
this is a good video about it , i d just love to know if your ment to do it in every type of turn or...
this is a good video about it , i d just love to know if your ment to do it in every type of turn or just ruts
Thanks for the vid, but I think ruts are different from berm technique.
11/23/2016 7:46pm
Crush wrote:
He was definitely smooth, he just used body english to do it. CP is smooth whilst also being a minimalist in terms of his input. Barcia...

Barcia is neither.

IMO RV's style was the result of just being pinned and holding onto the bike

Think this Christian/DV combo will be really good this year, wouldn't be surprised to see him win the title.
Crush
11/23/2016 8:56pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Turbojez wrote:
I haven't seen DV riding, but Marvin's style is extremely impressing. I never noticed it as much as I did while watching straight rhythm this year.
DV used way more than Marvin... DV would not jump shit in rhythm lanes where RC and Reed were, he'd soak and stay low.

Post a reply to: DV934 speed secrets...

The Latest