DV on it as usual.

Crush
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 5:04pm
|
1/12/2016 5:28pm
DV is wrong about the Stewart incident. RD cut down on that turn same way James did 1st lap

The Shop

1/12/2016 7:40pm
DV is always on point, concise and outspoken. Love him for it. But there is absolutely no compromise in his opinion and perspectives. I think that hurts him at times.
Tim507
1/12/2016 8:08pm
excellent read and spot on.......
mxmaniac
1/12/2016 11:57pm
DV is great value for the fans and the sport. Keep it up DV! cheers
tek14
1/13/2016 2:31am
Good stuff.
He missed that Pourcel was at front also before red flag and since he is new to this 450 im sure he wasnt sure what guys around him at 20 Place would jump or not. He isnt after title and building on first rounds.. speed is there for sure. like DV said better safe than sorry.
Motofinne
1/13/2016 2:49am
DV is by far the best "pundit" in the industry. He's right 99% of the time and he's not at all afraid to tell people the truth.

He doesn't care if someone gets upset of what he says or writes, that makes DV so important for the fans of sx/mx.
motomike137
1/13/2016 3:44am
DV is never afraid to give his opinion that's for sure. But that doesn't mean it is the gospel. Friese late making a "block pass"...lol, that's rich. And saying that Stewart is partially to blame for what happened is pure unadulterated bullshit.
downard254
1/13/2016 4:50am
DV is wrong about the Stewart incident. RD cut down on that turn same way James did 1st lap
The way I interpret his comments on the Stewart issue is that "if you're going to square up and turn down so early in a race when there are 20 or so guys grouped so close behind you, then you are putting yourself into a high risk vs. reward situation. The probability is very high that someone behind is going to go for the inside line and racing lines will intersect." I know they say don't look behind you when you're racing, but you have to at least be aware of what is behind you so early in a race to reduce the risk of an altercation that could prevent a good result. If Stewart had swept the outside of the bowl, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion, same if Dungey wouldn't have taken such an extreme inside line for a block pass. But like DV said, two guys in the wrong place at the right time. I get it.
rangot
1/13/2016 4:52am
Yeah, DV knows what he's talking about.
Crush
1/13/2016 6:11am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 6:22am
DV is never afraid to give his opinion that's for sure. But that doesn't mean it is the gospel. Friese late making a "block pass"...lol, that's...
DV is never afraid to give his opinion that's for sure. But that doesn't mean it is the gospel. Friese late making a "block pass"...lol, that's rich. And saying that Stewart is partially to blame for what happened is pure unadulterated bullshit.
Did Stewart not cut down early in traffic?

I don't walk out into the middle of the road and blame the driver when I get run over.

That's not to say Dungey didn't have a hand in it either, it's neither's fault more than the other.
1/13/2016 7:21am
I thought it was accurate and more importantly entertaining, which is why I have any interest in MX at all.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/13/2016 7:42am
DV is never afraid to give his opinion that's for sure. But that doesn't mean it is the gospel. Friese late making a "block pass"...lol, that's...
Crush wrote:
Did Stewart not cut down early in traffic? I don't walk out into the middle of the road and blame the driver when I get run...

I don't walk out into the middle of the road and blame the driver when I get run over.

That's not to say Dungey didn't have a hand in it either, it's neither's fault more than the other.
Personally, I'd put more fault on Dungey. Everyone is mentioning that you don't cut down like James did early in a race. What about the other side, why is it ok for Dungey to triple into a corner (way inside) and barrel in there? If you are going to do that, you better do it clean and Dungey did not do it clean. Definitely not intentional but Dungey did mess up a little by clipping the landing.

That section/corner was gnarly in general.
Moto Mofo
1/13/2016 7:49am
seth505 wrote:
Personally, I'd put more fault on Dungey. Everyone is mentioning that you don't cut down like James did early in a race. What about the other...
Personally, I'd put more fault on Dungey. Everyone is mentioning that you don't cut down like James did early in a race. What about the other side, why is it ok for Dungey to triple into a corner (way inside) and barrel in there? If you are going to do that, you better do it clean and Dungey did not do it clean. Definitely not intentional but Dungey did mess up a little by clipping the landing.

Dungey didnt triple into the corner, he doubled just like Anderson did.
Motofinne
1/13/2016 7:51am
seth505 wrote:
Personally, I'd put more fault on Dungey. Everyone is mentioning that you don't cut down like James did early in a race. What about the other...

Moto Mofo wrote:
He tripled but cased it bad. That's why he couldn't brake soon enough to avoid the hit when Stew cut down.
Moto Mofo
1/13/2016 8:04am
Motofinne wrote:
He tripled but cased it bad. That's why he couldn't brake soon enough to avoid the hit when Stew cut down.
Watch it again. Watch where Stewart lands before he triples out, compared to where Dungey and Anderson land before double-doubling out.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/13/2016 8:16am
seth505 wrote:

Moto Mofo wrote:
Ah, maybe I was more focused on James when it happened. Either way, my point is he (Dungey) clipped the landing and didn't land smoothly.
Motofinne
1/13/2016 8:21am
Actually that is true. RD doubled, but how the hell could he case a small double like that? Weird.
motomike137
1/13/2016 8:27am
Crush wrote:
Did Stewart not cut down early in traffic? I don't walk out into the middle of the road and blame the driver when I get run...

What is your definition of cutting down? I could potentially agree if James had pivoted and was coming back toward the tuff block on the inside but he was no where near that. My eyeballs saw him try to go inside Anderson but he was still past halfway out in the corner and exiting. By your reasoning he should have to stay on the very outside and I don't agree with that. I do blame the driver if he crossed the centerline and is pointed in the wrong direction. Not to say Dungey didn't have a hand? It was completely his fault even though I doubt he intended that outcome.
Moto Mofo
1/13/2016 8:36am
Motofinne wrote:
Actually that is true. RD doubled, but how the hell could he case a small double like that? Weird.
Good question. James didn't do himself any favors by putting himself in such a vulnerable position. Two miscalculations that added up to a major problem. Hope James will be cleared to race soon!

Post a reply to: DV on it as usual.

The Latest