DNA Wheels - any good?

adiaz791
I've seen some old threads on DNA wheels with mixed reviews, and was wondering if anyone has any recent feedback? Price isn't bad (priced close to tusk wheels) But most common issues I've seen have been constant loose spokes and bent rims.

Any feedback is appreciated!
|
BobPA
2/8/2017 9:26pm
Buy the Tusk

/thread
adiaz791
2/8/2017 11:06pm
BobPA wrote:
Buy the Tusk

/thread
I hear good things, but the color options are not that great. I only have the yellow hubs option for the Zuk!
adiaz791
2/8/2017 11:10pm
I had a DNA set a few years ago and there was no problems.
Any issues with spikes loosening up every ride? There's a place in Costa Mesa that sells them...they look great, and offer lots of color options. I definitely don't ride hard enough to bend a rim, but I've had my share of casing jumps pretty hard haha

The Shop

Team MMR
2/9/2017 4:55am
I am also curious about the DNA wheels. So i hope some people post some feedback
MXVet261
Fantasy
4078th
2/9/2017 5:21am
I had a set I used on two different RMZ450s and never had any issue.
crusher773
2/9/2017 6:46am
adiaz791 wrote:
Any issues with spikes loosening up every ride? There's a place in Costa Mesa that sells them...they look great, and offer lots of color options. I...
Any issues with spikes loosening up every ride? There's a place in Costa Mesa that sells them...they look great, and offer lots of color options. I definitely don't ride hard enough to bend a rim, but I've had my share of casing jumps pretty hard haha
Yeah I had them and I was constantly tightening spokes or changing broken ones. I recently pulled that set off and sold them and got a good set of stock pull off excels. I wouldn't buy them again.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
2/9/2017 7:10am
adiaz791 wrote:
Any issues with spikes loosening up every ride? There's a place in Costa Mesa that sells them...they look great, and offer lots of color options. I...
crusher773 wrote:
Yeah I had them and I was constantly tightening spokes or changing broken ones. I recently pulled that set off and sold them and got a...
Yeah I had them and I was constantly tightening spokes or changing broken ones. I recently pulled that set off and sold them and got a good set of stock pull off excels. I wouldn't buy them again.
I didn't have any spikes going crazy. I'm about 155lbs and at that time wasn't the fastest rider. Maybe the wheels are very variable?
twotwosix
2/9/2017 7:48am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2017 8:08am
BobPA wrote:
Buy the Tusk

/thread
I disagree. I'd take DNA over Tusk.

If you are looking for low budget wheels, I always prefer to have my stock hubs turned and properly laced to some DID STX or Excel Takasagos. Same cost, but much better quality than some of the cheap stuff. Call Dubya.
JBecker 72
2/9/2017 7:52am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2017 7:52am
I was in the market for new wheels recently and contacted Dubya USA. They quoted me $475 for new black Excel Takasago rims, with new spokes and nipples laced up to my stock hubs. So needless to say that's the route I took. Hope to have them back soon.
IWreckALot
2/9/2017 7:54am
adiaz791 wrote:
crusher773 wrote:
Yeah I had them and I was constantly tightening spokes or changing broken ones. I recently pulled that set off and sold them and got a...
Were the spokes breaking at the contact points or in the middle of the spoke?
DoctorJD
2/9/2017 7:59am
BobPA wrote:
Buy the Tusk

/thread
I've got to agree. I've got a set of Tusk Impacts that I've had for a couple of years. They've been a great wheel set. I guess that caveat is that I'm an old fart who really doesn't stress my wheels all that much. If you're an aspiring pro, or a jump-monkey, who knows? I do know that Racer-X and MXA use them a lot on their builds if that means anything.
TJ 755
2/9/2017 8:02am
JBecker 72 wrote:
I was in the market for new wheels recently and contacted Dubya USA. They quoted me $475 for new black Excel Takasago rims, with new spokes...
I was in the market for new wheels recently and contacted Dubya USA. They quoted me $475 for new black Excel Takasago rims, with new spokes and nipples laced up to my stock hubs. So needless to say that's the route I took. Hope to have them back soon.
for both wheels? that is a great price. what about shipping though?
twotwosix
2/9/2017 8:09am
JBecker 72 wrote:
I was in the market for new wheels recently and contacted Dubya USA. They quoted me $475 for new black Excel Takasago rims, with new spokes...
TJ 755 wrote:
That's about what I paid last time. Dubya does great work.
BobPA
2/9/2017 8:27am
twotwosix wrote:
I disagree. I'd take DNA over Tusk. If you are looking for low budget wheels, I always prefer to have my stock hubs turned and properly...
I disagree. I'd take DNA over Tusk.

If you are looking for low budget wheels, I always prefer to have my stock hubs turned and properly laced to some DID STX or Excel Takasagos. Same cost, but much better quality than some of the cheap stuff. Call Dubya.
We shall agree to disagree.
JBecker 72
2/9/2017 8:32am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2017 8:32am
JBecker 72 wrote:
TJ 755 wrote:
Yes, both wheels. Not sure on return shipping cost yet as I just sent them the hubs the other day. I don't anticipate it will be too much though.

Post a reply to: DNA Wheels - any good?

The Latest