DM18...crickets.

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 5/1/2015 6:00pm
After all the multi-page threads on Davi Millsaps' getting axed by Team Kawasaki...and all the speculations about what happened...things have come to an almost shocking silence. No more discussion, no comments...hell, even Matthes has stopped talking about it!

Apparently neither anybody in the Millsaps or Kawi camp is saying anything, at least not publicly.
|
adastramx
4/30/2015 8:36pm
Matthes tweeted today that he wouldn't be shocked to see him outdoors on his own Suzuki, tweet came off like he knew something but didn't want to outright say he knew something.
4/30/2015 8:43pm
The word I got from the PulpMX show was that the substance found is not on the WADA banned list and that Davi's camp checked beforehand. Although the worlds "depending on who you talk to" were mentioned multiple times. Seems like everyone is in agreement that Davi did not have a prescription for what ever was found.

So I'm left confused about what substance wouldn't be on the banned list, would require a prescription, and would lead a rider to be fired when found.

The Shop

mx_563
4/30/2015 9:30pm
I saw 'saps giving one of the Yamaha dudes the full court press at Santa Clara. Talking about his own deal with support from Yammie and Monster.... As if the Yamma dude was in a position to just make it happen right then and there. I think the Yamma dude's name is Fred Bramblett but I could be wrong. He's been around forever. I think he wrenched for Reynard at one time. I've had a few beers tonight so take it with a grain of salt.

Suzuki seems like a legit option too but either way I see him putting together his own deal.

In other news, I met Raining Yellow at my local track last week. I was parked next to him and heard him talking to somebody and it just clicked. I asked him out of the blue and sure as shit it was THE raining yellow. Cool dude and and he actually rides! Not just a keyboard jockey.

out

4/30/2015 10:28pm
mx_563 wrote:
I saw 'saps giving one of the Yamaha dudes the full court press at Santa Clara. Talking about his own deal with support from Yammie and...
I saw 'saps giving one of the Yamaha dudes the full court press at Santa Clara. Talking about his own deal with support from Yammie and Monster.... As if the Yamma dude was in a position to just make it happen right then and there. I think the Yamma dude's name is Fred Bramblett but I could be wrong. He's been around forever. I think he wrenched for Reynard at one time. I've had a few beers tonight so take it with a grain of salt.

Suzuki seems like a legit option too but either way I see him putting together his own deal.

In other news, I met Raining Yellow at my local track last week. I was parked next to him and heard him talking to somebody and it just clicked. I asked him out of the blue and sure as shit it was THE raining yellow. Cool dude and and he actually rides! Not just a keyboard jockey.

out

I think you were mentioned on the PulpMX show this week by Raining Yellow.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
4/30/2015 10:29pm
Yeah it's been pretty quiet, I think his situation got overshadowed by James.
roost251
4/30/2015 11:44pm
Meet the man, that met raining yellow. Your famous bro!! Heard it on pulp also. Thought it was cool raining yellow was riding with his father in law.
davistld01
5/1/2015 4:25am
What fueled my starting this thread was that I heard from a SoCal buddy yesterday via text, who was & still is pretty close to the biz, and we were speculating about what DM's locker held...and how Kawi found whatever it was. He told me that a rumor was that Kawi found some IV stuff that Davi could use to feed himself a bag of whatever before or between motos. That would not break any WADA rules...but it would be against AMA regulations. This, of course I'd complete conjecture. Nobody is confessing to anything, and I think both Davi & Kawi have been given a "gag order" by their legal representatives. Nobody would be surprised if Davi tried to sue the pants off Kawasaki...and maybe Kawi has a bit of a right to be concerned over where they might wind up in all of that.
5/1/2015 7:27am
High Maintenance IMO who needs the headache plenty other Top 10 riders that would be appreciative a job.
Mini Elsinore
5/1/2015 8:43am
davistld01 wrote:
What fueled my starting this thread was that I heard from a SoCal buddy yesterday via text, who was & still is pretty close to the...
What fueled my starting this thread was that I heard from a SoCal buddy yesterday via text, who was & still is pretty close to the biz, and we were speculating about what DM's locker held...and how Kawi found whatever it was. He told me that a rumor was that Kawi found some IV stuff that Davi could use to feed himself a bag of whatever before or between motos. That would not break any WADA rules...but it would be against AMA regulations. This, of course I'd complete conjecture. Nobody is confessing to anything, and I think both Davi & Kawi have been given a "gag order" by their legal representatives. Nobody would be surprised if Davi tried to sue the pants off Kawasaki...and maybe Kawi has a bit of a right to be concerned over where they might wind up in all of that.
If Millsaps sues Kawi he better hope he prevails. I doubt there will be folks lining up to hire a guy who just sued his last employer. And, the Rockstar KTM debacle is still casting a long shadow, it appears.
peelout
5/1/2015 9:20am
Creatine.

anyone else remember Davi battling arm-pump really really bad and they narrowed it down to creatine being in his diet without knowing? i may be a little fuzzy on the details, but that's the gist of it.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/1/2015 9:36am
peelout wrote:
anyone else remember Davi battling arm-pump really really bad and they narrowed it down to creatine being in his diet without knowing? i may be a...
anyone else remember Davi battling arm-pump really really bad and they narrowed it down to creatine being in his diet without knowing? i may be a little fuzzy on the details, but that's the gist of it.

I think that's when he was working with Pablo. He was on some protein supplements that had high unadvertised amounts of Creatine in it. This was during his stint at JGR.
peelout
5/1/2015 9:59am
peelout wrote:
anyone else remember Davi battling arm-pump really really bad and they narrowed it down to creatine being in his diet without knowing? i may be a...

ML512 wrote:
I think that's when he was working with Pablo. He was on some protein supplements that had high unadvertised amounts of Creatine in it. This was...
I think that's when he was working with Pablo. He was on some protein supplements that had high unadvertised amounts of Creatine in it. This was during his stint at JGR.
that's right, i knew i was close to the ballpark. not sitting in the seats, but filing into line at the beer cart
5/1/2015 10:21am
High Unadvertised amounts?
I'd like to know what that was because it sounds like Bullshit.

No supplement company adds stuff and doesn't advertise it.

If anything, it would be the opposite........"With Creatine" Cough, 1 granule..........
5/1/2015 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2015 12:04pm
TripleFive wrote:
The word I got from the PulpMX show was that the substance found is not on the WADA banned list and that Davi's camp checked beforehand...
The word I got from the PulpMX show was that the substance found is not on the WADA banned list and that Davi's camp checked beforehand. Although the worlds "depending on who you talk to" were mentioned multiple times. Seems like everyone is in agreement that Davi did not have a prescription for what ever was found.

So I'm left confused about what substance wouldn't be on the banned list, would require a prescription, and would lead a rider to be fired when found.
Narcotics. Opioids, to be specific: percocet, vicodin, norco. Otherwise known as tic-tacs for those of us with numerous injuries. I knew some desert racers from years ago that would pop a vicodin before the bomb run to calm their nerves.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/1/2015 12:08pm
TripleFive wrote:
The word I got from the PulpMX show was that the substance found is not on the WADA banned list and that Davi's camp checked beforehand...

Narcotics. Opioids, to be specific: percocet, vicodin, norco. Otherwise known as tic-tacs for those of us with numerous injuries. I knew some desert racers from years...
Narcotics. Opioids, to be specific: percocet, vicodin, norco. Otherwise known as tic-tacs for those of us with numerous injuries. I knew some desert racers from years ago that would pop a vicodin before the bomb run to calm their nerves.
I think GuyBro ruled out recreational drugs and pain pills early on in this soap opera.
HackMan162
5/1/2015 12:37pm
Pretty sure there is a lawsuit pending, so noone is saying anything...
Excaliburbmx
5/1/2015 2:32pm
He needs his moms back in his life.

He isn't going to be a threat anymore
Rick M.
5/1/2015 3:49pm
From a guy that somehow found a way to take two years off, never even ride for a team that paid big money, and rode mountain bikes around...yay, don't expect to hear anything from him. Actually, don't expect to hear anything from him ever again. He's done, chalk him up with J-law.
Torco1
5/1/2015 4:43pm
His dog was hanging out in his locker again...........

Post a reply to: DM18...crickets.

The Latest