DIY helmet cam video with speed and HR data from Litpro

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
10/3/2015 6:51am
Cool video and to see the speeds is neat, but dang that gopro mount is bouncing around a lot.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
10/3/2015 7:50am
Everytime I see a video from lit it's hard to believe the speed and jump heights. Cool video though. How does it monitor heart rate?
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
10/3/2015 11:47am
I guess its accurate, thats what you pay for, but those speeds seem high. You hit a chick shit table top at 60mph and case it?

At 1:43. off the lip at 61.4, decel in the air to 55, cases 48mph and speed jumps to 71 when back in the gas.

The Shop

Tonynz
10/3/2015 12:01pm
I am guessing it is set for KPH, not MPH. litpro bought out an update a month or so back so you can change from imperal to metric if you want.
MBR
10/3/2015 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 12:41pm
Yep, we use the metric system so it's only 38 mph on lip, 34 mph on air, casing it 29 mph and back at gas with 44 mph. We used it a lot at EMX150 series this year and lap time was in 0,5 sec compared to transponder timing. The LitPro is connected via bluetooth to Polar H7 heart rate monitor strap.

This is how it looked from outside (actually this was end of training session, so he was going a little bit faster).
keith101
10/3/2015 12:45pm
MBR wrote:
Yep, we use the metric system so it's only 38 mph on lip, 34 mph on air, casing it 29 mph and back at gas with...
Yep, we use the metric system so it's only 38 mph on lip, 34 mph on air, casing it 29 mph and back at gas with 44 mph. We used it a lot at EMX150 series this year and lap time was in 0,5 sec compared to transponder timing. The LitPro is connected via bluetooth to Polar H7 heart rate monitor strap.

This is how it looked from outside (actually this was end of training session, so he was going a little bit faster).
What kind of data does litpro capture other than speed? Does it auto record lap times?
What is the process for blending litpro data over gopro video?

Cool.
MBR
10/3/2015 1:26pm
The main thing in LitPro is that it captures lap times and segments (as you mark those on the iPad app), but you can also see the lines (and compare those on your other laps), speed, G-forces and by using external HR belt also the heart rate. The app is evolving all the time, so after each upgrade there is some new cool stuff added.

I just mirrored the iPad screen on my Apple laptop and captured it using quicktime player (no need to buy anything). Then in Final Cut Pro just put those on top. Easy, but not too cool looking. I actually asked LitPro to enable a view without the google map at background, so hopefully it comes out soon so it won't look this dumb.

keith101
10/3/2015 1:42pm
Thanks mate, but I'm not sure that it's all that impressive or I'm not understanding some things so here's a couple of questions if you don't mind. The litpro device is expensive so In comparing to existing devices like cycling computers - Garmin, etc, I'm trying to understand if there's really anything more to this device that makes sense for the cost.

1.) What's the value of having g data?
2.) When you turn on the litpro, does it auto capture laps for as long as you ride?
3.) Can you map a full gopro video with litpro data overlaid?
4.) Doesn't a cycling device like a Garmin do most of this already with the exception of measuring g's? And again, what's the real value of g data?
5.) The process you mention only captures a screen shot ?
6.) When comparing laps, can you compare more than just 2 consective laps? For example, can I visually see each lap and time to understand which line gave the best lap time?

Thx
MBR
10/4/2015 1:48am
keith101 wrote:
Thanks mate, but I'm not sure that it's all that impressive or I'm not understanding some things so here's a couple of questions if you don't...
Thanks mate, but I'm not sure that it's all that impressive or I'm not understanding some things so here's a couple of questions if you don't mind. The litpro device is expensive so In comparing to existing devices like cycling computers - Garmin, etc, I'm trying to understand if there's really anything more to this device that makes sense for the cost.

2.) When you turn on the litpro, does it auto capture laps for as long as you ride?
4.) Doesn't a cycling device like a Garmin do most of this already with the exception of measuring g's? And again, what's the real value of g data?
6.) When comparing laps, can you compare more than just 2 consective laps? For example, can I visually see each lap and time to understand which line gave the best lap time?

Thx
For us the app that is made for motocros, the ease of use (just one button) and accuracy have been the reason to choose this over watch.

In "session analytic" we are usually comparing different lines to see which one is fastest through each part of the track. But also we make notes when testing some settings / modifications on bike or have rider try different technique (riding on bigger gear etc) and using the app. it's easier to see did it have any effect? The "Gate Drops" mode is really useful when working on starts as it automatically knows when you are doing starts and puts those on one group for easier analytics. We used it in the end of this season combined with slow-motion video to find really good set-up (gate preparation, throttle position, where and sit on bike, where to change for next gear ect.) for Emil.

Yes.

Yes, but it as each lap separated in the app, you would need to laid each lap individually on the video.

We have found this really easy to use and because it's made for motocross it seems to fit our needs. We are not really in that level that we could use G-forces other than that when I cross rutted on jump face and hit the tree, it was around 9 G's Smile In the future I would guess that using it to analyze how the suspension is working (lower G's while going the braking bumps).

No, you hook up the iPad to mac with your charging cable, then in quicktime player you choose the "new movie" and next to "rec" button choose input video for iPad. Then you can record all the action happening on your iPad.

The app shows automatically which laps were the fastest and also in which segment. Then you choose one lap from the list you want to study and in map view the app gives automatically 4 of your fastest laps to compare plus a lap called "Lap99". Lap99 is ideal lap that is made by combining you best segment times.

MBR
10/4/2015 8:23am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2015 8:26am
DIU? Is that doing shit while drunk? Smile
Yep, but that would be DUI, not DIU Wink Had to edit the subject line anyways.
ginger969
10/4/2015 10:34am
MBR wrote:
Actually it's not really a DIY, but more like lazy man's version of those cool LitPro videos with data. I had our team rider Emil Weckman...
Actually it's not really a DIY, but more like lazy man's version of those cool LitPro videos with data. I had our team rider Emil Weckman ride a some laps with his Honda CRF150R around Lavanko track here in Finland with a gopro and lit pro. Then I recorded the litpro stuff on laptop and put those on the video. Not too pretty, but it is still pretty cool to see the speed around the tracke. Because Emil is in such a great shape the heart rate doesn't peak like mine Smile
this is sooo cool
Tonynz
10/4/2015 12:20pm
Here is G force and speed reading from a crash I had a couple of weeks ago

keith101
10/4/2015 12:58pm
Tonynz wrote:
Here is G force and speed reading from a crash I had a couple of weeks ago[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/04/107024/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

While cool, just wondering from your perspective what value having this g data provides? For example, at 12.9g's, that's FAR from a concussion, so does having this information help you at all?

Thanks
MBR
10/4/2015 1:07pm
Now Tonynz is only one of us who knows exactly how 12.9 G crash feels like and has data to prove it Smile
Tonynz
10/4/2015 1:15pm
Tonynz wrote:
Here is G force and speed reading from a crash I had a couple of weeks ago[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/04/107024/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

keith101 wrote:
While cool, just wondering from your perspective what value having this g data provides? For example, at 12.9g's, that's FAR from a concussion, so does having...
While cool, just wondering from your perspective what value having this g data provides? For example, at 12.9g's, that's FAR from a concussion, so does having this information help you at all?

Thanks
Just cool to look at I guess. When I got home I thought it would be interesting to see how fast I was going, G Force was secondary, Also no my heart did not stop beating I was not wearing heart rate monitor Smile

Post a reply to: DIY helmet cam video with speed and HR data from Litpro

The Latest