DC please set up a pay per view package

downard254
Edited Date/Time 5/16/2015 4:03pm
Davey, I'm stuck with dish network for a couple years and just found out that dish is in a pissing contest with MavTV. Dish dropped Mav, and I'm stuck with Frontier DSL, so lagging Internet, I can't watch the races now, but you can bet your ass that if the races were offered as a pay per view, I'd be buying.
Damn, I was so stoked for the outdoors, and now I'm stuck with live timing. This sucks.
|
500guy
5/15/2015 5:18pm
I pay to much for all the communication stuff already, I'm not interested in paying for something twice.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
5/15/2015 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2015 5:22pm
The motos are archived afterwards on promotocross.com...

If you don't have Internet that can load a video I feel very sorry for you.
Excaliburbmx
5/15/2015 5:33pm
I'm canceling dish this week We pay 100.00 a month and watch 3 hrs of tv a week and now this gets cancelled. More brapppp less crappp
downard254
5/15/2015 5:33pm
GD2 wrote:
The motos are archived afterwards on promotocross.com... If you don't have Internet that can load a video I feel very sorry for you.
The motos are archived afterwards on promotocross.com...

If you don't have Internet that can load a video I feel very sorry for you.
I'm stuck in the country with a 1 meg/byte/sec connection and boys who like to play Xbox. Time warner cable line is 6/10 mile down the road.

The Shop

ChrisB10
5/15/2015 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2015 5:36pm
This would of have to of been done months ago when NBCSN and MAV were hashing out the TV rights contracts.....
ChrisB10
5/15/2015 5:37pm
To the OP that sucks though. I don't have MAV either and at the moment no wifi so I will be watching the first 2 races on my phone via the nbcsn app in an establishment that has free wifi.
DownSouth
5/15/2015 5:43pm
downard254 wrote:
Davey, I'm stuck with dish network for a couple years and just found out that dish is in a pissing contest with MavTV. Dish dropped Mav...
Davey, I'm stuck with dish network for a couple years and just found out that dish is in a pissing contest with MavTV. Dish dropped Mav, and I'm stuck with Frontier DSL, so lagging Internet, I can't watch the races now, but you can bet your ass that if the races were offered as a pay per view, I'd be buying.
Damn, I was so stoked for the outdoors, and now I'm stuck with live timing. This sucks.
Any PPV would be online so if your internet lags you would still be out of luck or watching a poor quality video due to limited bandwidth. My connection is not great so my first moto viewing is always blurry and lagging behind.
downard254
5/15/2015 5:52pm
downard254 wrote:
Davey, I'm stuck with dish network for a couple years and just found out that dish is in a pissing contest with MavTV. Dish dropped Mav...
DownSouth wrote:
Any PPV would be online so if your internet lags you would still be out of luck or watching a poor quality video due to limited...
Any PPV would be online so if your internet lags you would still be out of luck or watching a poor quality video due to limited bandwidth. My connection is not great so my first moto viewing is always blurry and lagging behind.
Well, I was thinking more like a PPV movie section for satellite owners. I'm mostly just venting right now. Years ago I was a directv user, and what I've learned is that none of satellite or cable providers give a damn about the customers. We're just a number they are just to make money.
downard254
5/15/2015 5:54pm
Which motto is on Mav, and isn't the other motto on a different network? A search on my dish menu isn't pulling up any motocross.
MR. X
5/15/2015 5:57pm
downard254 wrote:
Which motto is on Mav, and isn't the other motto on a different network? A search on my dish menu isn't pulling up any motocross.
Did you try to search motorcycle racing
downard254
5/15/2015 6:07pm
Thanks, I'll see if I can find it in the guide. I'll go postal if it's not on my package.
5/15/2015 6:23pm
http://mxgp-tv.com/ is light years ahead. I paid for my 2015 season earlier this year and am VERY satisfied with the entire package.

Why we don't have something like this right now in the states is beyond me.
Hut
5/15/2015 6:37pm
http://mxgp-tv.com/ is light years ahead. I paid for my 2015 season earlier this year and am VERY satisfied with the entire package. Why we don't have...
http://mxgp-tv.com/ is light years ahead. I paid for my 2015 season earlier this year and am VERY satisfied with the entire package.

Why we don't have something like this right now in the states is beyond me.
I have had great luck with the mxdn ppv coverage and the mxgps that I have paid for but that wouldn't do downard254 any good as his internet sucks too.
If I were on dish I would get rid of it and get directv for some MavTV in crappy SD. Sad
gt80rider
5/15/2015 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2015 7:05pm
500guy wrote:
I pay to much for all the communication stuff already, I'm not interested in paying for something twice.
X2...

The answer today is all 4 motos live (and free!) on the net. Works worldwide, wont matter who your cable provider is, can view nearly anywhere.
JoJmoto
5/15/2015 7:04pm
Great... looks like another year I don't get to watch the Nationals...
Gringoe
5/15/2015 7:15pm
500guy wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
X2... The answer today is all 4 motos live (and free!) on the net. Works worldwide, wont matter who your cable provider is, can view nearly...
X2...

The answer today is all 4 motos live (and free!) on the net. Works worldwide, wont matter who your cable provider is, can view nearly anywhere.
http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/hangtown-2015/news/how-watch-hangt…

Im confused, according to this we can watch every moto online without any sign in or anything correct? I understand some people dont have fast enough internet and have to use tv but online looks covered.
DA498
5/15/2015 7:34pm
Gringoe wrote:
http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/hangtown-2015/news/how-watch-hangtown Im confused, according to this we can watch every moto online without any sign in or anything correct? I understand some people dont have fast...
http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/hangtown-2015/news/how-watch-hangt…

Im confused, according to this we can watch every moto online without any sign in or anything correct? I understand some people dont have fast enough internet and have to use tv but online looks covered.
Every year the same confusion, you can not see the whole day on one feed. free or otherwise. Have to jump around, have every cable, satellite option known to man. Just insane. MXGP-TV blows this programming away. Yes I can watch the first motos free on-line, then I have to wait until usually Monday or later for archived re-runs.
Id pay for the whole show on-line so I can watch real time action anyday.
jemcee
5/15/2015 8:41pm
I'd be so stoked if they were archived straight away like the GP's are, but last year they weren't until Monday or even after that

I think all 4 motos are live on paytv over here so I might have to invest in it
kongols
5/15/2015 8:56pm
From what I understand DC was trying to push for PPV but NBC is not interested yet. There is nothing he can do right now.
Outsider
5/15/2015 8:58pm
I'd rather NOT pay to see motocross in the US. GP's I can understand but not nats
jemcee
5/15/2015 9:08pm
Outsider wrote:
I'd rather NOT pay to see motocross in the US. GP's I can understand but not nats
yeah I can understand why you wouldn't but if you pay that should mean no ad breaks and be able to watch them whenever you want if you can't see them live and that would be pretty cool I reckon..
and don't you have to pay for the channel they're on anyway? I'm probably wrong about that
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/15/2015 9:12pm
Id pay for a live internet show. Dont get me wrong i would prefer to not but why wouldnt they not be able to do a show like any on tv just on the interenet? they already do have of it there?

Perhaps a pay per view wouldnt be bad. you pay a one time fee to have access to the whole season but the archived races wouldnt be made available till later in the year

my guess as to why this wouldnt be the ideal situation is not enough advertising money to support it.
Outsider
5/15/2015 9:13pm
Outsider wrote:
jemcee wrote:
yeah I can understand why you wouldn't but if you pay that should mean no ad breaks and be able to watch them whenever you want...
yeah I can understand why you wouldn't but if you pay that should mean no ad breaks and be able to watch them whenever you want if you can't see them live and that would be pretty cool I reckon..
and don't you have to pay for the channel they're on anyway? I'm probably wrong about that
Yes, I can understand and just happen to have direct tv myself, but really shouldn't it be on network channels? I'm sure that is the #1 goal of mxsports, I just don't think offering to pay for it will bring that goal about any time soon.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/15/2015 10:41pm
downard254 wrote:
Seems like a reasonable request just a few hours before the start of the season...
Outsider
5/15/2015 10:50pm
DC. I asked for a turkey sandwich like 3 years ago and still haven't got it... wtf??

Now, I would like that sandwich with GUACAMOLE... thanks in advance
gonemoto
5/15/2015 11:09pm
Dish and Mav just started their feud last week. They've been airing last years Canadian Nats on Mav in HD every Wednesday until this week. Great timing assholes! Dish and Direct both go through this shit, so there's nothing to do but wait it out. Whoever started the feud probably did it just to use the leverage of the dozens of fans that were anxiously awaiting Hangtown. And yes, the Canadian announcers still kick ass. And no, I don't want pay per view.
hammertime
5/15/2015 11:32pm
downard254 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Seems like a reasonable request just a few hours before the start of the season...
Seems like a reasonable thought that this whole scene could get its shit together enough that you don't have to be a TV nerd with 7 cable feeds and satellites plus the time to pvr 2 diff channels If you hit the lottery that week to get them to watch your favorite professional "sport"...and I use that term loosely! I can watch woman's curling easier than this shit! There's no fucking excuses acceptable here in 2015!!!
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/15/2015 11:45pm
I kind of like jumping around from station to station.

Makes me feel like I am actually doing something. Which is getting pissed off!

Post a reply to: DC please set up a pay per view package

The Latest