DC/MX Sports turning Washougal into another Glen Helen fiasco?

Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 5:49am
ive heard this from some pretty solid people who run the track and who are in the industry, hate to see such an awesome track and venue off the circuit because of money and greed
|
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
9/18/2010 10:23pm
There was rumblings of this earlier in the spring. People were saying GH, Shougs and another venue were all on the fence. Hope its not true as this years track up here was about the best Ive seen it.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/18/2010 11:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2010 10:17am
ive heard this from some pretty solid people who run the track and who are in the industry, hate to see such an awesome track and...
ive heard this from some pretty solid people who run the track and who are in the industry, hate to see such an awesome track and venue off the circuit because of money and greed
I remember on more then one occasion in the late 90's hearing that Washougal was gonna be off the schedule,due to the roads etc...and riders and mechanics complaining.
It always turned out to be bullshit! Hopefully what you are hearing is just that, bullshit!

Washougal has been on the schedule for what, 30 years now?
And Ralph has always went to bat for that place with land use hearings, hiring lawyers, etc..and trying to work with the neighbors.Every year he has improved and done nothing but make the national better.

If it was taken off the schedule and not replaced with another track in the Northwest,you are gonna see alot of pissed-off fans up that way.

I would assume...
If there is indeed a problem with Ralph & MX Sports,I'm sure they will get it worked out.Ralph is a smart business man and so is DC, also both care about the fans.
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
9/18/2010 11:42pm
Man that would be a total bummer... Shougal keeps getting better and better. Best track in the Northwest by far..
Alex
9/19/2010 6:28am
Might not be the best track in the world but it might just be the most beautiful. Not too much hardpack on the US calendar anymore also, hope they get it straightened out.

The Shop

DC
9/19/2010 6:29am
Washougal is not going anywhere anytime soon, gang, false alarms.

DC
MX Sports
mxgeoff
9/19/2010 6:29am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2010 6:31am
ive heard this from some pretty solid people who run the track and who are in the industry, hate to see such an awesome track and...
If that is the case I would love to see a Grand Prix at that circuit. It's my favorite circuit in America.

I love watching that National each year. It's like the Augusta Masters Golf Major.
DC
9/19/2010 6:31am
Sorry, Geoff.

DC
MX Sports
Mstock
9/19/2010 6:34am
DC wrote:
Sorry, Geoff.

DC
MX Sports
Raflmao
holeshot100
9/19/2010 7:16am
Nice 6th post Ryan_Huddleston.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/19/2010 7:21am
The neighbors are probably the biggest concern Washougal and its fans have.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/19/2010 7:22am
mxgeoff wrote:
If that is the case I would love to see a Grand Prix at that circuit. It's my favorite circuit in America. I love watching that...
If that is the case I would love to see a Grand Prix at that circuit. It's my favorite circuit in America.

I love watching that National each year. It's like the Augusta Masters Golf Major.
Man, Geoff, I like this trend for selecting GP tracks. Does this mean we'll be seeing Namur, Sittendorf, Farleigh Castle and like classic venues back soon?
mxgeoff
9/19/2010 7:30am
mxgeoff wrote:
If that is the case I would love to see a Grand Prix at that circuit. It's my favorite circuit in America. I love watching that...

Man, Geoff, I like this trend for selecting GP tracks. Does this mean we'll be seeing Namur, Sittendorf, Farleigh Castle and like classic venues back soon?
I am on the circuit selection committee and I can let you know that all three circuits will be on next years calendar.......

Seriously, Namur won't be having a GP soon thanks to the greenies. Farleigh Castle is a great circuit, but I am not sure it is good for top level racing anymore, too dangerous for a GP. Sittendorf never been to, so can't give comment.

How about just going with circuits like Lierop, Lommel, Valkenswaard, Matterly Basin, Teutshenthal, Agueda, Fermo, Mantova.

All nice circuits add Glen Helen and that amazing circuit in Latvia and it's a nice calendar anyway.

Geoff
mxgeoff
9/19/2010 7:31am
Nice 6th post Ryan_Huddleston.
Nice tits.
holeshot100
9/19/2010 7:34am
Big Ole' ta ta's. Made it about ten minutes so far. I'm not offended, are you?
Mstock
9/19/2010 7:36am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2010 7:37am
mxgeoff wrote:

mxgeoff wrote:
I am on the circuit selection committee and I can let you know that all three circuits will be on next years calendar....... Seriously, Namur won't...
I am on the circuit selection committee and I can let you know that all three circuits will be on next years calendar.......

Seriously, Namur won't be having a GP soon thanks to the greenies. Farleigh Castle is a great circuit, but I am not sure it is good for top level racing anymore, too dangerous for a GP. Sittendorf never been to, so can't give comment.

How about just going with circuits like Lierop, Lommel, Valkenswaard, Matterly Basin, Teutshenthal, Agueda, Fermo, Mantova.

All nice circuits add Glen Helen and that amazing circuit in Latvia and it's a nice calendar anyway.

Geoff
The GP's do have a nice broad selection of tracks. It is a longer series than the ama nat's. The sand tracks over there are unmatched in the USA. The hard pack tracks of the GP's don't exist in the ama nat's. That said one USGP is enough. And Glen Helen is the correct venue for it.
RuFfRyDaH
9/19/2010 7:44am
i like holeshots avatar...im not offended...but maybe its cuz im a euro...

i just get a nice laugh out of it
Alex
9/19/2010 7:47am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2010 7:47am
how can you be offended by tits
jmar
9/19/2010 7:58am
FastEddy wrote:
I remember on more then one occasion in the late 90's hearing that Washougal was gonna be off the schedule,due to the roads etc...and riders and...
I remember on more then one occasion in the late 90's hearing that Washougal was gonna be off the schedule,due to the roads etc...and riders and mechanics complaining.
It always turned out to be bullshit! Hopefully what you are hearing is just that, bullshit!

Washougal has been on the schedule for what, 30 years now?
And Ralph has always went to bat for that place with land use hearings, hiring lawyers, etc..and trying to work with the neighbors.Every year he has improved and done nothing but make the national better.

If it was taken off the schedule and not replaced with another track in the Northwest,you are gonna see alot of pissed-off fans up that way.

I would assume...
If there is indeed a problem with Ralph & MX Sports,I'm sure they will get it worked out.Ralph is a smart business man and so is DC, also both care about the fans.

Riders and mechanics views will never be a factor on a decision like this.
DC
9/19/2010 8:23am
And as far as newbie Ryan Huddleston's "money and greed" comment goes, where does that come into play on anything? Our differences with Glen Helen were about improvements and length of term, money was never an issue for GH or for MX Sports.

And when you say "the people who run the track," would that be the Huffmans? They seem quite pleased with the direction of the series, the size of their crowd and the length of their contract. Ralph and Ryan were even at Pala to help out if they could.

DC
MX Sports
typ2vw159
9/19/2010 8:30am
DC wrote:
And as far as newbie Ryan Huddleston's "money and greed" comment goes, where does that come into play on anything? Our differences with Glen Helen were...
And as far as newbie Ryan Huddleston's "money and greed" comment goes, where does that come into play on anything? Our differences with Glen Helen were about improvements and length of term, money was never an issue for GH or for MX Sports.

And when you say "the people who run the track," would that be the Huffmans? They seem quite pleased with the direction of the series, the size of their crowd and the length of their contract. Ralph and Ryan were even at Pala to help out if they could.

DC
MX Sports
ROTFLMAO!
curmudgeon
9/19/2010 8:57am
DC wrote:
And as far as newbie Ryan Huddleston's "money and greed" comment goes, where does that come into play on anything? Our differences with Glen Helen were...

DC
MX Sports
Don't mess up this good wild speculation thread with your silly facts. There is no place for facts on a message board. Wink

Thanks for that, now a can continue my plans for Washougal next year.
holeshot100
9/19/2010 9:17am
One walk through the Pro pits on the way to the track, and you know you are entering "MX Spectating Heaven"
chadwik74
9/19/2010 9:23am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
curmudgeon wrote:
Don't mess up this good wild speculation thread with your silly facts. There is no place for facts on a message board. ;) Thanks for that...
Don't mess up this good wild speculation thread with your silly facts. There is no place for facts on a message board. Wink

Thanks for that, now a can continue my plans for Washougal next year.
Maybe I'll meet you there.....that track has been on the wish list for awhile now.
pummel
Fantasy
432nd
9/19/2010 9:23am
Glad to see DC popping in and shutting down these rumors. Huffmans are awesome people and I hope Washougal is around for a long time.
9/19/2010 9:24am
bo you got a problem with free market capitalizm? what are you some kind of communist!?
Slow
9/19/2010 9:40am
Owned by DC!Pinch
sharkey
9/19/2010 9:56am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
they are good people. i heard ryan hufman hepled get tommy weeck on that rockstar suzuki at pala
9/19/2010 10:03am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
typ2vw159 wrote:
ROTFLMAO!
LaughingLaughingBlinkWhistling
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/19/2010 10:39am
The neighbors are probably the biggest concern Washougal and its fans have.
There is always a small majority of the neighbors that complain up that way,but for the most part,most the locals/business owners like the revenue that the national brings to town.
I used to always watch the land use hearings on TV up that way every year,it is crazy what he has to go through to get his permit every year.
He was always testing/upgrading the PA system and doing new and innovating things with the place as far as sound,parking,camping,alchohol went.

Seems like the only black eyes the place has ever gotten locally was from the parties/fights the night before the National.I think 1990 was the worst year when the State Police got called in and a cop car got tipped over by a mob of people.
I remember witnessing it and for the most part,most the problems that night were caused by the local-yocal-partiers that were just there to just party the night before and didn't even attend the races the next day.

Hopefully the place will around for many years to come. Wink

Post a reply to: DC/MX Sports turning Washougal into another Glen Helen fiasco?

The Latest