DC Creates New $10,000 Challenge for 2014 Monster Energy Supercross Season

PR
Edited Date/Time 1/11/2014 7:40am
DC Creates New $10,000 Challenge for 2014 Monster Energy Supercross Season

AURORA, Ill. (January10, 2014) – Feld Motor Sports® announced today that DC Shoes, the official and exclusive footwear and title sponsor of the DC Shoes Defy Convention Last Chance Qualifier Race, will post a $10,000 bonus at each Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, this season.

Entering their fourth year as a Monster Energy Supercross sponsor, DC Shoes will pay any rider – in both the 250SX or 450SX Class -- $10,000 if they win the DC Shoes Defy Convention Last Chance Qualifier Race as well as the Main Event.

“At DC, we recognize that the path to the podium isn’t always the straightest and the sweetest victories are often the ones that are hardest to achieve,” said Jeff Taylor, Senior Vice President of Global Brand and Marketing, DC Shoes. “Monster Energy Supercross already provides a tremendous fan experience and the DC Defy Convention LCQ Challenge will give race fans even more to root for.”

Some of the sport’s greatest names, including Jeff Emig, Jeremy McGrath and Ricky Carmichael have been a part of DC Shoes’ elite motocross team. Fans can visit their interactive display in the Monster Energy Party in the Pits during all season long as they pay tribute to their roots in the sport.

For the first-time ever, the entire Monster Energy Supercross season will air live on FOX Sports. FOX Sports 1 will air 13 races live and FOX Sports 2 will air four races live, in addition to every race re-airing on FOX Sports 2. The live Monster Energy Supercross programming on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 also includes live coverage on the authenticated FOX Sports Go app.

For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, please log on to www.SupercrossOnline.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross. To follow Monster Energy Supercross on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, log on to www.facebook.com/supercrossLive www.Twitter.com/supercrosslive and www.instagram.com/supercrosslive. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com.SupercrossLive. For all media requests, please contact Denny Hartwig dhartwig@feldinc.com or 630-566-6305.

About DC:
Founded by Ken Block and Damon Way in 1993, DC quickly grew to a leader in performance skateboarding shoes and renowned action sports brand. Today DC stands as a global brand whose product line has expanded to include men’s, women’s, and kids’ skateboarding and lifestyle shoes, apparel, snowboards, snowboard boots, outerwear and accessories.

As one of the cornerstones of its marketing strategy, DC has built a world-class team of professional skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, motocross and rally athletes that exemplify and enhance DC’s brand, develop its signature products, and support its promotional efforts. DC is a subsidiary of Quiksilver, Inc.

For more information on DC check out http://www.dcshoes.com and as well as on DC’s Facebook and Twitter pages. (http://www.facebook.com/DC.Shoes and http://twitter.com/dcshoes.)

About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross and Nuclear Cowboyz®. Feld Motor Sports is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
|
motogrady
1/10/2014 8:07am
Geez, AMASX is a monster.
Feld pulling sponsors for the LCQ, at 10 large per event.

The road race guys would foam at the mouth for something like that, even for their main.
TX24
1/10/2014 8:22am
Except you have to win both.
Premix4Life
Fantasy
1148th
1/10/2014 8:34am
so when/if Vilo/Roczen/CR22/JBS... has a mechanical/DNF in their heat/semi, they move on to the LCQ and easily clean up. Should they go on to win the main they get the 10G's.. Seems like this wont be a reality for the privateer who actually needs the $$
1/10/2014 9:01am
so when/if Vilo/Roczen/CR22/JBS... has a mechanical/DNF in their heat/semi, they move on to the LCQ and easily clean up. Should they go on to win the...
so when/if Vilo/Roczen/CR22/JBS... has a mechanical/DNF in their heat/semi, they move on to the LCQ and easily clean up. Should they go on to win the main they get the 10G's.. Seems like this wont be a reality for the privateer who actually needs the $$
That is a bit what I was thinking, it sounds quite like free advertising on TV ...

What is the probability that from a bad gate pick, the same top gun win the main ? 2.2% probability ?

The Shop

1/10/2014 9:02am
so when/if Vilo/Roczen/CR22/JBS... has a mechanical/DNF in their heat/semi, they move on to the LCQ and easily clean up. Should they go on to win the...
That is a bit what I was thinking, it sounds quite like free advertising on TV ... What is the probability that from a bad gate...
That is a bit what I was thinking, it sounds quite like free advertising on TV ...

What is the probability that from a bad gate pick, the same top gun win the main ? 2.2% probability ?
I think it is a good idea but that should benefit LCQ winners, not riders would make already $2M a year
DownSouth
1/10/2014 9:11am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2014 9:13am
I am guessing it cost them more money paid to Feld for the opportunity to sponsor this award than they will ever pay out to any rider.

It could happen in the 250 class but with the semis returning the odds in the 450 class have to be very low. In the 450 class I can only remember an LCQ/Main event winner happening twice when MC and RV did it. MC did it when the semis still existed and RV did it when he punched a hole in his water pump cover and DNF'd the heat before winning the LCQ.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
1/10/2014 9:18am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2014 9:19am
TX24 wrote:
Not big on this challenge.. Privateer not going to make it happen, always going to go to the a top rider that makes a mistake and then wins. I think Vital members could have come up with a better challenge. I maybe at least chance to top 5 finish. Hopefully they will revise..
TX24
1/10/2014 12:17pm
Actually Dungey won both last year at A3, the LCQ and the final. Took me awhile to get around to looking it up. They should do a drawing from 5-10 in the LCQ and give them a gas card.
Squid-mom
1/10/2014 6:21pm
TX24 wrote:
Moto_Geek wrote:
Not big on this challenge.. Privateer not going to make it happen, always going to go to the a top rider that makes a mistake and...
Not big on this challenge.. Privateer not going to make it happen, always going to go to the a top rider that makes a mistake and then wins. I think Vital members could have come up with a better challenge. I maybe at least chance to top 5 finish. Hopefully they will revise..
I agree.... DC giving $10,000 (maybe once this year, but not likely) to someone who doesn't even need it. Great marketing gimmick!!
Katoomey
1/10/2014 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2014 6:34pm
can someone say "sandbaggin it" FTW!

I'm pretty sure a "fast 40" rider can just choose to race the LCQ if they want to. I mean, if anything, you could just fake a mechanical issue until the LCQ. It might sound a little risky, but one of the top 5 could surely secure a win in the LCQ.

I'd love to see someone do it at every round (in both classes) just to call their bluff and keep them honest. Oh they would shit if they had to give up $320K this season. Of course those would be amazing odds, just saying, thats what's on the line.
velocitygear
1/10/2014 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2014 7:10pm
Lame! Still no riders purse for those finishing "in the points". Cool story DC
DownSouth
1/11/2014 6:56am
TX24 wrote:
Actually Dungey won both last year at A3, the LCQ and the final. Took me awhile to get around to looking it up. They should do...
Actually Dungey won both last year at A3, the LCQ and the final. Took me awhile to get around to looking it up. They should do a drawing from 5-10 in the LCQ and give them a gas card.
Dungey finished 2nd in that A3 LCQ. Jimmy Albertson won it.

Dungey recovered from a first lap crash to get the final transfer spot. I think that was the first time a rider with the last qualifying spot went on to win the main event.
500guy
1/11/2014 6:59am
This is about as usefull as the 100K they offered the day before the USGP at Glen Helen.

Sounds Great, Smells more like bullshit.
Squid-mom
1/11/2014 7:30am
DownSouth wrote:
Dungey finished 2nd in that A3 LCQ. Jimmy Albertson won it. Dungey recovered from a first lap crash to get the final transfer spot. I think...

Dungey recovered from a first lap crash to get the final transfer spot. I think that was the first time a rider with the last qualifying spot went on to win the main event.
Yes, but the odds are even less likely now because he would have to have an issue in BOTH the heat and the semi to even get to the LCQ. I am going to go out on a limb and say that DC's funds allocated toward this 'challenge' is $0
TX24
1/11/2014 7:37am
TX24 wrote:
Actually Dungey won both last year at A3, the LCQ and the final. Took me awhile to get around to looking it up. They should do...
DownSouth wrote:
Dungey finished 2nd in that A3 LCQ. Jimmy Albertson won it. Dungey recovered from a first lap crash to get the final transfer spot. I think...

TX24
1/11/2014 7:40am
Your right DownSouth, I was reading it wrong. Duh.

Post a reply to: DC Creates New $10,000 Challenge for 2014 Monster Energy Supercross Season

The Latest