Cudby...............

JE215
Fantasy
1316th
1/21/2010 11:26am
I'm not bagging on being home schooled or education. Just because someone is home schooled, they are not dumb. TP199 was home schooled and he also has some college credits. Who cares how they speak in a video, that the real James. Could it have been a little bit more polished and professional? Sure, but at least he put it out there. I didn't like that he didn't do the Nationals, but how many riders do ride days for their fans? I don't know where I'm going with this.
TJ 755
1/21/2010 11:27am
"Dude done slapped me up the backa the head"
smc916
1/21/2010 11:51am
I think Windham owes James and Kyle an apology, he like "stalled out in the air over the triple". Seriously though, he sounded sincere and not scripted, he just told it how he felt things happened.
1/21/2010 12:33pm
Everybody bitches about the scripted interviews, and he gives one that is completely unscripted and tells it like he sees it and everyone bitches.

People just like to bitch and that is all there is to it. And I'm proving it by bitching about the bitching.

I enjoyed the interview, is he a talented public speaker? Hell no but I still want to hear his point of view even if he can't state it eloquently.

The Shop

petegrath
1/21/2010 1:24pm
I've been a teacher for almost 20 years, one of the things we do to figure out how to improve our presenting skills is to video tape our presentations, then watch them.

Holy shit was I mortified the first time I watched a tape of myself! I thought I was the man up there in front of the class before hand. Only after watching did I realize some of the horrible, distracting habits I had.

Like said above, this was James' first one. I'm sure they could all recite their boring podium speeches in their sleep, so no comparison there. And as far as media interviews, you guys do know they cut those things to shreds during the editing phase, don't ya?

Going live and uncut takes some balls. Lighten up on the guy.

Oh well, live and learn. Video taping is a very powerful way to fix your presenting skills. You are your own worst critic. For those who think they could address an entire sports community on the fly like that flawlessly, I say "sure then"... Go give it a try.
txmxer
1/21/2010 1:34pm
petegrath wrote:
I've been a teacher for almost 20 years, one of the things we do to figure out how to improve our presenting skills is to video...
I've been a teacher for almost 20 years, one of the things we do to figure out how to improve our presenting skills is to video tape our presentations, then watch them.

Holy shit was I mortified the first time I watched a tape of myself! I thought I was the man up there in front of the class before hand. Only after watching did I realize some of the horrible, distracting habits I had.

Like said above, this was James' first one. I'm sure they could all recite their boring podium speeches in their sleep, so no comparison there. And as far as media interviews, you guys do know they cut those things to shreds during the editing phase, don't ya?

Oh well, live and learn. Video taping is a very powerful way to fix your presenting skills. You are your own worst critic. For those who think they could address an entire sports community on the fly like that flawlessly, I say "sure then"... Go give it a try.
good point.
peelout719
1/21/2010 1:38pm
petegrath wrote:
I've been a teacher for almost 20 years, one of the things we do to figure out how to improve our presenting skills is to video...

by the way the person was laughing along while filming it, i hardly doubt he was going for the serious and heartfelt video. that's my opinion.

that said, it seemed more like a joke than anything, and i hardly found it entertaining
twizzler
1/21/2010 2:26pm
twizzler wrote:
I agree with DL, it was very unprofessionally done IMO. And James has a tendency to way overuse the word "like" in the majority of his...
I agree with DL, it was very unprofessionally done IMO. And James has a tendency to way overuse the word "like" in the majority of his interviews.

Redneck Tivo..haha classic! But so true!
P wrote:
You are from Dana Point, CA, I'm sure that you like hear the word like, like more than like 1,000 times a day............. Some of you...
You are from Dana Point, CA, I'm sure that you like hear the word like, like more than like 1,000 times a day.............

Some of you are like school on a Saturday................no class.

BTW, stop like being suck like dicks.WinkSmile

P
Yes P I do hear the teeny bopper bimbos use like, like, like all of the time. Therefore, yes I'm sick of hearing it. And it makes James seem like a bimbo to me.

Post a reply to: Cudby...............

The Latest