Cross Jumping.....

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2016 5:24pm
Prime example of why I get so pissed at people that do it. Woke up at 6 this morning to news that my dad was headed from RedBud to the hospital. Some idiot in practice this morning wasn't paying attention and cross jumped my dad and cleaned him out. Not the vacation he was hoping for. Now he is spending the night in the hospital with broken ribs, a bruised and possibly punctured lung and a lacerated spleen. Luckily his head is ok with just some bruising on his forehead. Hopefully they will be able to head back home on Sunday if he gets released tomorrow. Thankfully the crew at RedBud is refunding their money for the VIP package for the national tomorrow now that my parents won't be able to attend.

Cross jumping is no joke. You can't suddenly stop and change directions in the air to miss the idiot that cross jumped in front of you.
|
MR. X
7/1/2016 5:31pm
That really sucks,hope he has a quick recovery.
Old-Man
7/1/2016 5:43pm
Hope the best for your Father on a speedy recovery. RedBud crew are the best at helping those in need. Can give you pages of "I remember when..." Gene Ritchie passed the torch well to his Son.

Did your Father drive from Cali to Michigan or you just live in Cali?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2016 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2016 5:50pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Prime example of why I get so pissed at people that do it. Woke up at 6 this morning to news that my dad was headed...
Prime example of why I get so pissed at people that do it. Woke up at 6 this morning to news that my dad was headed from RedBud to the hospital. Some idiot in practice this morning wasn't paying attention and cross jumped my dad and cleaned him out. Not the vacation he was hoping for. Now he is spending the night in the hospital with broken ribs, a bruised and possibly punctured lung and a lacerated spleen. Luckily his head is ok with just some bruising on his forehead. Hopefully they will be able to head back home on Sunday if he gets released tomorrow. Thankfully the crew at RedBud is refunding their money for the VIP package for the national tomorrow now that my parents won't be able to attend.

Cross jumping is no joke. You can't suddenly stop and change directions in the air to miss the idiot that cross jumped in front of you.
They made the trip from Cali. This is their third year making the trip.

Thanks for the well wishes guys!
Old-Man
7/1/2016 6:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Prime example of why I get so pissed at people that do it. Woke up at 6 this morning to news that my dad was headed...

mattyhamz2 wrote:

WOW! that is a huge trip, very dedicated MXer for sure. Hope he has help driving back or did he make arrangements for other means to get home...AKA Flight??
Keep us informed how he heals up and are is he gonna make the trip again in the future?

I plan on being there next year but Moving got in the way,
Grew up racing at RedBud and all the D14 tracks. Nothing compares to the fan fest RedBud has. IMO

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2016 6:53pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Old-Man wrote:
WOW! that is a huge trip, very dedicated MXer for sure. Hope he has help driving back or did he make arrangements for other means to...
WOW! that is a huge trip, very dedicated MXer for sure. Hope he has help driving back or did he make arrangements for other means to get home...AKA Flight??
Keep us informed how he heals up and are is he gonna make the trip again in the future?

Grew up racing at RedBud and all the D14 tracks. Nothing compares to the fan fest RedBud has. IMO
Dedicated mxer kinda explains it lol. We've done washougal multiple times when I was younger. We did Budds Creek in 2001 and rode the track the day after the national. You know, the typical Moto family. My mom is with him so she will be doing the driving. I offered to fly out and drive home, but my dads response was, "bring your gear so you can race my bike on Sunday before we leave!" Haha! They did turn down the offer and said they would be fine. We are planning on a big family trip next year to either RedBud or Washougal so he may very well end up at RedBis for a fourth year in a row.
Old-Man
7/1/2016 6:58pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Old-Man wrote:
WOW! that is a huge trip, very dedicated MXer for sure. Hope he has help driving back or did he make arrangements for other means to...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dedicated mxer kinda explains it lol. We've done washougal multiple times when I was younger. We did Budds Creek in 2001 and rode the track the...
Dedicated mxer kinda explains it lol. We've done washougal multiple times when I was younger. We did Budds Creek in 2001 and rode the track the day after the national. You know, the typical Moto family. My mom is with him so she will be doing the driving. I offered to fly out and drive home, but my dads response was, "bring your gear so you can race my bike on Sunday before we leave!" Haha! They did turn down the offer and said they would be fine. We are planning on a big family trip next year to either RedBud or Washougal so he may very well end up at RedBis for a fourth year in a row.
Can't find the Thumbs up emoji Wink
kkawboy14
7/1/2016 7:14pm
Sometimes cross jumping is on accident.....
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
7/1/2016 8:14pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
^^This^^. I most certainly feel for the OP's father and wish him to get well soon. That said, I'm sure nobody feels worse about the incident than the other rider and there's no doubt it wasn't intentional. It was an accident. Again, hope the OP's father heals up fast.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2016 8:20pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
^^This^^. I most certainly feel for the OP's father and wish him to get well soon. That said, I'm sure nobody feels worse about the incident...
^^This^^. I most certainly feel for the OP's father and wish him to get well soon. That said, I'm sure nobody feels worse about the incident than the other rider and there's no doubt it wasn't intentional. It was an accident. Again, hope the OP's father heals up fast.
I get the unintentional cross rut or the accidental cross jump because it does happen. Unfortunately this one wasn't one of those.
Hallzilla
7/1/2016 9:56pm
So sorry to hear of this brotha. I'll keep your dad in my thoughts for a full and speedy recovery. When he's all healed up and ready to get back, when can plan a Zaca trip.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
7/1/2016 9:57pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
^^This^^. I most certainly feel for the OP's father and wish him to get well soon. That said, I'm sure nobody feels worse about the incident...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I get the unintentional cross rut or the accidental cross jump because it does happen. Unfortunately this one wasn't one of those.
Was the other rider racing him and/or trying to keep your dad behind him or something? Why would anyone do that in practice? I mean we're talking about practice...I can't fathom how or why someone would intentionally cross jump in practice or any non-racing environment (and I can't figure out why they would even do it intentionally in a race because they are just as likely to get hurt as the other rider). Real head scratcher.....Hope your dad heals up soon.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2016 11:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Thanks man I appreciate it! I'll let you know when he's good to go!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/1/2016 11:10pm
TbonesPop wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
Was the other rider racing him and/or trying to keep your dad behind him or something? Why would anyone do that in practice? I mean we're...
Was the other rider racing him and/or trying to keep your dad behind him or something? Why would anyone do that in practice? I mean we're talking about practice...I can't fathom how or why someone would intentionally cross jump in practice or any non-racing environment (and I can't figure out why they would even do it intentionally in a race because they are just as likely to get hurt as the other rider). Real head scratcher.....Hope your dad heals up soon.
I'm not sure, but the guy went from the inside of the left hander before the launch pad(jump before the rollers) to the far right and up the face started going left up the face while in control the entire time. Like I had mentioned in the original post, riders need to pay way more attention to other riders around them and be aware at all times. I've been crossed jumped on in practice many times, as I'm sure others have as well, and it's not a fun situation to be in. Any time I see it from beginners to pros I get frustrated
MX690
7/1/2016 11:38pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Was the other rider racing him and/or trying to keep your dad behind him or something? Why would anyone do that in practice? I mean we're...
Because unfortunately some people just don't give a fuck and have zero idea of what's going on around them.
moscrop940
7/2/2016 1:18am
First off, matty I am sorry to hear about your dad....something about seeing the person who was the man picking you up from crashes, crash and hurt themselves just seems so wrong.

In regards to cross jumping, I 100% blame whomever taught them how to ride. Holding my line was literally the FIRST thing my dad taught me when riding on a track. It's such a simple concept that people seem to struggle with...it is literally life and death in some situations, yet people don't think twice about shifting lines on the landing of a jump....I will never figure that one out.

Well wishes to your pops dude!
Crush
7/2/2016 1:26am
Sorry to hear bud.

Somewhere in maybe the generation before me, the education of riding went from don't do this, don't do that, to just twist it mate... The amount of stupid shit you see at a track where people are still slow but ride like dickheads is amazing. Cross jumping, block passing, taking lines and closing the door at a practice track... wow. Way to go buddy.

Hope Pops heals up.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/2/2016 6:58am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Holding my line was one of the first things my dad taught me as well. It seems to me that the fundamentals are gone now and like crush said, it's turned in to just pin it and go. Thank you for the well wishes! Sounds like he is going to be released from the hospital pretty soon so they can start their journey home.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/2/2016 7:08am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

So that stuff happens down is Aus also? I'm to the point that I pretty much hate going to the normal busy tracks because of having to deal with people like that. For me it's like come on man, I'm 25, I have a wife and 2 kids at home and I need to go to work on Monday. I don't need some asshole doing that shit and jeopardizing my safety because he thinks he can be the next Barcia or whatever the case migh be.
7/2/2016 8:16am
I had a guy cross jump me once over a roller. I jumped it and he rolled it and veered left to cut me off I guess. I landed on him and somehow didn't fall. Next lap around the medic crew was out there tending to him. I felt like shit the rest of the moto.

It's a human sport. There will always be judgement errors every once in a while.

Post a reply to: Cross Jumping.....

The Latest