Could Stewart race the GNCCs (if appeal isn't approved)

Titan1
12/17/2014 8:12am
Didn't Doug Henry show up off the couch and win that GNCC down in Florida one year? (The one around the Daytona supercross)...granted I believe he collapsed at the finish, and had to get an IV to help him recover...but he did win it.

It seems like Travis Pastrana also raced that same race one year and led most of the race and would have won it if it weren't for a mechanical DNF. (my memory is foggy on this one though, so I could be wrong).

I'm an off road guy...hare and hounds, hare scrambles, endures, GP's, etc...so I'm VERY biased toward the difficulty of off road races and the talent and skill of the guys winning these races/titles...BUT...I honestly believe that the very most talented and "best" dirt bike riders in the world all migrate to MX/SX...its where the glitz and glamor and money and fame are.

So, I honestly believe that if the James Stewarts of the world (the Ricky Carmichaels, Ryan Villopotos, Ryan Dungeys, Toni Cairolis, Eli Tomacs, Trey Canards...the best of the best in the MX world) applied themselves to ANY dirt bike discipline they would rise quickly to the top and win races and championships.

IF-and I honestly don't think it would ever happen...with or without a WADA suspension-but IF Steward decided to make a run at the GNCC's he would win races his first season and be in the hunt for the title in XC1...it would take him a few races to figure things out, but he'd figure it out and would win.
12/17/2014 8:14am
Titan1 wrote:
Didn't Doug Henry show up off the couch and win that GNCC down in Florida one year? (The one around the Daytona supercross)...granted I believe he...
Didn't Doug Henry show up off the couch and win that GNCC down in Florida one year? (The one around the Daytona supercross)...granted I believe he collapsed at the finish, and had to get an IV to help him recover...but he did win it.

It seems like Travis Pastrana also raced that same race one year and led most of the race and would have won it if it weren't for a mechanical DNF. (my memory is foggy on this one though, so I could be wrong).

I'm an off road guy...hare and hounds, hare scrambles, endures, GP's, etc...so I'm VERY biased toward the difficulty of off road races and the talent and skill of the guys winning these races/titles...BUT...I honestly believe that the very most talented and "best" dirt bike riders in the world all migrate to MX/SX...its where the glitz and glamor and money and fame are.

So, I honestly believe that if the James Stewarts of the world (the Ricky Carmichaels, Ryan Villopotos, Ryan Dungeys, Toni Cairolis, Eli Tomacs, Trey Canards...the best of the best in the MX world) applied themselves to ANY dirt bike discipline they would rise quickly to the top and win races and championships.

IF-and I honestly don't think it would ever happen...with or without a WADA suspension-but IF Steward decided to make a run at the GNCC's he would win races his first season and be in the hunt for the title in XC1...it would take him a few races to figure things out, but he'd figure it out and would win.
Without a doubt, you are correct.
Darryl916
12/17/2014 8:25am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 9:02am
lol
dehner47
12/17/2014 8:27am
Maybe he will take the season to get his MX team, Team SEVEN, established and running for future up n coming riders. He does sponsor some high level amateurs that are about to make it to the pros.

The Shop

rohleder644
12/17/2014 8:51am
I'm an off road guy through and through, but completely agree with what titan has to say. my question would be, why in the world would he? You guys think there's no money in mx/sx, you should check out what the top off roaders are making. Note, I said top....
ktmdan
12/17/2014 11:26am
Gringoe wrote:
Can you tell me the last guy to "show up and whoop some ass" was? In xc1..
seth505 wrote:
No and I really don't care either way. I will say again that implying that Stewart would struggle to finish halfway is laughable.
Gringoe wrote:
Sorry I forgot he trained for 3 hour races!
I've raced a couple gnccs and the Last Man Standing and several regional XC races in the pro class and in my tip top shape during that time I couldn't hold a candle to Stewarts fitness. Or any top off road guy for that matter... But his fitness would be a non issue.

Post a reply to: Could Stewart race the GNCCs (if appeal isn't approved)

The Latest