Could Stewart race the GNCCs (if appeal isn't approved)

Adam327
Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 11:26am
Hypothetical post here. Could he be the reason Factory Suzuki comes back to the GNCC circuit now? Hope there's no bashing, but if he can't do SX or MX and chooses not to retire, what will he do?
|
kiwifan
12/16/2014 11:22pm
He can race anything that isnt FIM sanctioned I would think?
Crush
12/16/2014 11:35pm
I'm pretty sure I remember Weege last year saying that he'd done some research, once it goes from provisional to banned, it's banned... Everywhere. So AMA has a some sort of ownership to FIM, therefore you can't... Likewise MA, obviously GPs etc...
Osaka627
12/16/2014 11:53pm
He could race the Canadian Nationals.

I wonder if he could race a Local AMA District Race, or even a LL Qualifier??

On the other hand I doubt Stewart has gone trail riding more than twice in his entire life.

The Shop

ando
12/17/2014 12:02am
It's an FIM suspension, so it would apply to any FIM event or any event sanctioned by an affiliated member national body e.g. AMA. There wouldn't be many professional level MX series around that aren't FIM sanctioned (either directly or indirectly), however it's notable that the US Nationals and Canadian Nationals (I think) aren't.

Technically he could race in the US Nationals, but I doubt that DC/MX Sports would want to go down that path.
andyman
12/17/2014 12:08am
What about Monster jam? Can he do that? Yoshimura could build him nice monster truck with all the factory stuff!!

What about wrestling, can he do WWE? Seven gear could make him cool outfit for that! He could go under the name FMOTP, and scrub the shit out of Hulk Hogan!!

aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/17/2014 1:52am
Can he participate in any sporting event where WADA is the official institution used for Drug testing?

jock
Fantasy
1st
12/17/2014 2:04am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 2:04am
Adam327 wrote:
Hypothetical post here. Could he be the reason Factory Suzuki comes back to the GNCC circuit now? Hope there's no bashing, but if he can't do...
Hypothetical post here. Could he be the reason Factory Suzuki comes back to the GNCC circuit now? Hope there's no bashing, but if he can't do SX or MX and chooses not to retire, what will he do?
Bubba riding in the woods, is that a good idea? :
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
12/17/2014 2:18am
think he can still do the flugtag
rangot
12/17/2014 2:53am
jock wrote:
Bubba riding in the woods, is that a good idea? :
Not for trees, i guess.
Olson
12/17/2014 3:28am
I know a guy who got busted by WADA. He couldn't even sign up for a gym during his ban.
Adam327
12/17/2014 4:14am
I don't think there's drug testing in the GNCC. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time a MX rider switched over to offroad. Only reason I wondered about it, what would he do all 2015 other than retire? I'd want to at least race something to stay in shape. Canada would be a better idea if he could actually race those. I don't know if they're sanctioned by the FIM or just the CMRC (I think that's the right acronym)
CR500Rider
12/17/2014 4:37am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 4:38am
Adam327 wrote:
Hypothetical post here. Could he be the reason Factory Suzuki comes back to the GNCC circuit now? Hope there's no bashing, but if he can't do...
12/17/2014 5:04am
The thought of the whole JS7 rockstar entourage circus in the woods kind of amuses me. Would make great material for a new season of Bubbas World
12/17/2014 5:16am
Adam327 wrote:
I don't think there's drug testing in the GNCC. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time a MX rider switched over to offroad...
I don't think there's drug testing in the GNCC. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time a MX rider switched over to offroad. Only reason I wondered about it, what would he do all 2015 other than retire? I'd want to at least race something to stay in shape. Canada would be a better idea if he could actually race those. I don't know if they're sanctioned by the FIM or just the CMRC (I think that's the right acronym)
CMRC. As far as my knowledge goes, the FIM has no affiliation with our series, but dont take my word for it as Im not 100% sure, but Ill try to do some diggin. If he did come race up here, I think I'd cry. Ive got an old Bubba lunchbox anf thermos from his 125 days (2004 to be exact) thatd I'd love to have him sign .

Ryan Sipes switched from mx to off-road and did quite well for someone whos used to an MX track, and Zach Osborne killed it. I'd love to see James rip in the woods, itd definitely bring more of a crowd to the GNCC/offroad scene.
Adam327
12/17/2014 5:36am
Oh okay, anything AMA sanctioned. I see that now. I thought just SX and MX. I think it'd be cool to see him do some offroad or the Canadian Nationals. Sipes did great I thought for his first year. I think next year he will be a lot stronger
Gringoe
12/17/2014 6:57am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 6:57am
The thought of the whole JS7 rockstar entourage circus in the woods kind of amuses me. Would make great material for a new season of Bubbas...
The thought of the whole JS7 rockstar entourage circus in the woods kind of amuses me. Would make great material for a new season of Bubbas World
I love how you guys think the gnccs are easy and bubba could pop over and race them no problem.

His ass would either be in a tree or dog dead tired struggling to finish by halfway. He'd probably have a 2 minute lead when they finish the first lap though

Sipes has ALWAYS rode a little bit of woods, the jump for him wasn't as drastic as it would be for a lot of other Moto riders. And he still struggled most of the year.

Edit:ignore quote
Adam327
12/17/2014 7:02am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 7:03am
The thought of the whole JS7 rockstar entourage circus in the woods kind of amuses me. Would make great material for a new season of Bubbas...
Gringoe wrote:
I love how you guys think the gnccs are easy and bubba could pop over and race them no problem. His ass would either be in...
I love how you guys think the gnccs are easy and bubba could pop over and race them no problem.

His ass would either be in a tree or dog dead tired struggling to finish by halfway. He'd probably have a 2 minute lead when they finish the first lap though

Sipes has ALWAYS rode a little bit of woods, the jump for him wasn't as drastic as it would be for a lot of other Moto riders. And he still struggled most of the year.

Sipes did good switching full time to it. All I ride is offroad and GNCCs are tough as hell. He rode a couple of the Mid Souths the past few years. I'm not saying Stewart would jump in and win or anything like that. Would it be cool to see Sipes and Stewart mix it up with Russel, Strang, Mullins, and all those guys?

Sipes did struggle some. I'm not saying that. But he did start having some strong rides
Gringoe
12/17/2014 7:07am
Gringoe wrote:
I love how you guys think the gnccs are easy and bubba could pop over and race them no problem. His ass would either be in...

Adam327 wrote:
Sipes did good switching full time to it. All I ride is offroad and GNCCs are tough as hell. He rode a couple of the Mid...
Sipes did good switching full time to it. All I ride is offroad and GNCCs are tough as hell. He rode a couple of the Mid Souths the past few years. I'm not saying Stewart would jump in and win or anything like that. Would it be cool to see Sipes and Stewart mix it up with Russel, Strang, Mullins, and all those guys?

Sipes did struggle some. I'm not saying that. But he did start having some strong rides
Of course it would be cool, I just honestly don't think James has the fortitude to go get his ass kicked for 3 hours for 5-10 races to really start to figure out how gnccs work. Where sipes is more laid back and just kept plugging away till he got there. I don't think James has had to plug away at anything but bike setup and his bank account for a long time!

Like you said, sipes is no stranger to woods races and it took him a pretty good while to figure out xc1 gnccs. Those top dudes are no joke.

resetjet
12/17/2014 7:08am
Stewart could not be top level in GNCC out of the gate any more then Kailub Russel could be in SX........And that is a guy that beat all the 450 heavy hitters on a 150.
resetjet
12/17/2014 7:09am
However I have seen Jason Lawrence show up at local hare scrambles and demolish the field.

Adam327
12/17/2014 7:10am
Gringoe wrote:

Adam327 wrote:
Sipes did good switching full time to it. All I ride is offroad and GNCCs are tough as hell. He rode a couple of the Mid...

Gringoe wrote:
Of course it would be cool, I just honestly don't think James has the fortitude to go get his ass kicked for 3 hours for 5-10...
Of course it would be cool, I just honestly don't think James has the fortitude to go get his ass kicked for 3 hours for 5-10 races to really start to figure out how gnccs work. Where sipes is more laid back and just kept plugging away till he got there. I don't think James has had to plug away at anything but bike setup and his bank account for a long time!

Like you said, sipes is no stranger to woods races and it took him a pretty good while to figure out xc1 gnccs. Those top dudes are no joke.

Yeah his ego would hurt at first but when you dominate the years that he did and then go to finishing 10th would hurt anyone. Those guys in XC1 are awesome to watch.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
12/17/2014 7:13am
Gringoe wrote:

"struggling to finish by halfway", that is funny, also funny that you know how people would theoretically do in an offroad race when coming from an mx/sx background. Did you predict correctly in the past when Doug Henry raced offroad for fun?
Gringoe
12/17/2014 7:15am
Gringoe wrote:

seth505 wrote:
"struggling to finish by halfway", that is funny, also funny that you know how people would theoretically do in an offroad race when coming from an...
"struggling to finish by halfway", that is funny, also funny that you know how people would theoretically do in an offroad race when coming from an mx/sx background. Did you predict correctly in the past when Doug Henry raced offroad for fun?
You mean 15+ years ago when the average pace was half what it is now?

Progression buddy. Gncc has just as much as sx

ktmdan
12/17/2014 7:17am
Do you guys have any idea of the fitness James has? You really think he would get torn up physically in a gncc race??

Come oooon
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
12/17/2014 7:18am
Gringoe wrote:

seth505 wrote:
"struggling to finish by halfway", that is funny, also funny that you know how people would theoretically do in an offroad race when coming from an...
Gringoe wrote:

No doubt, they both have progressed and guys up front are gnarly as hell in both. I guess that was my point, even years ago Henry showed up and whopped some ass. A guy could these days too, but I think it is a silly argument for someone like Stewart as I wouldn't think he'd be into trying GNCC at all. Who knows though!
Gringoe
12/17/2014 7:20am
seth505 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:

seth505 wrote:
No doubt, they both have progressed and guys up front are gnarly as hell in both. I guess that was my point, even years ago Henry...
No doubt, they both have progressed and guys up front are gnarly as hell in both. I guess that was my point, even years ago Henry showed up and whopped some ass. A guy could these days too, but I think it is a silly argument for someone like Stewart as I wouldn't think he'd be into trying GNCC at all. Who knows though!
Can you tell me the last guy to "show up and whoop some ass" was? In xc1..
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
12/17/2014 7:24am
Gringoe wrote:

seth505 wrote:
No doubt, they both have progressed and guys up front are gnarly as hell in both. I guess that was my point, even years ago Henry...
Gringoe wrote:
No and I really don't care either way. I will say again that implying that Stewart would struggle to finish halfway is laughable.
Gringoe
12/17/2014 7:25am
seth505 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
seth505 wrote:
No and I really don't care either way. I will say again that implying that Stewart would struggle to finish halfway is laughable.
Sorry I forgot he trained for 3 hour races!
Adam327
12/17/2014 7:39am
Racing a GNCC is different than moto. They both to me are the toughest sports in the world. GNCC is three hour paced where moto is all about sprinting. To me, if you come straight from a moto background instead of running some offroad stuff as Sipes has, it would be hard to judge on what to set your pace at since you're ysed to wide open the whole race. Not saying it can't be done because it can be.

Post a reply to: Could Stewart race the GNCCs (if appeal isn't approved)

The Latest