Cool Article On Jimmy Albertson In Europe

Hoov
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:14pm
|
mccread
3/11/2010 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:20pm
Jimmy has the mentality to Succeed in the World Championship.

Top 10 will be a success this year... maybe he can enitce Canard to come over some year as well... that would be cool!

I asked Mike Brown at the weekend in an interview for an Irish mag if he had any advice for Jimmy - Looking to the racing side don’t get over confident, It’s going to take him a while just to get used to everything... It is a learning experience at first to see where you are at then you can go prepare..... don’t put to high goals on yourself at the beginning.
huck
3/11/2010 1:10pm
mccread wrote:
Jimmy has the mentality to Succeed in the World Championship. Top 10 will be a success this year... maybe he can enitce Canard to come over...
Jimmy has the mentality to Succeed in the World Championship.

Top 10 will be a success this year... maybe he can enitce Canard to come over some year as well... that would be cool!

I asked Mike Brown at the weekend in an interview for an Irish mag if he had any advice for Jimmy - Looking to the racing side don’t get over confident, It’s going to take him a while just to get used to everything... It is a learning experience at first to see where you are at then you can go prepare..... don’t put to high goals on yourself at the beginning.
Why in the world would Trey do that?

That'd be like somebody talking A-Rod into playing in the minors....
Alex
3/11/2010 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:20pm
I think Jimmy might even get podiums this year. I know you shouldnt look into pre season races too much but he looks solid

BTW Hoover you should ask Jake Weimer and Chad Reed what its like to follow those 'minors' ;0)
500guy
3/11/2010 1:34pm
No disrespect to GP's but Mccread is insane with the Canard bit.

The Shop

mccread
3/11/2010 2:26pm
Why ? It is not like it would be easier than racing the nationals it actually would be harder.

Next season he could race SX and GPs....
chase187
3/11/2010 2:26pm
There is no incentive for the top americans to race GP's, they make way more money racing at home. The talent might not be comparable to the minor leagues but the pay is.
mccread
3/11/2010 2:29pm
racing GPs pays better than racing outdoor only in the US...
500guy
3/11/2010 2:35pm
mccread wrote:
nobody currently racing in America is going to race SX and GP's , Their pay is based on racing in America.

Luongo might rethink this deal when more riders defect to the USA. Once they get here they normally don't leave until they retire.
Hoov
3/11/2010 3:05pm
Alex wrote:
I think Jimmy might even get podiums this year. I know you shouldnt look into pre season races too much but he looks solid BTW Hoover...
I think Jimmy might even get podiums this year. I know you shouldnt look into pre season races too much but he looks solid

BTW Hoover you should ask Jake Weimer and Chad Reed what its like to follow those 'minors' ;0)
Alex, minor correction...that was huck that called the GP's "minor league"...personally, I see NOTHING minor league about European MX. It would be difficult for a rider to participate in both our SX and the GP's financially, so I doubt that will happen for many riders. I love MX no matter what particular piece of dirt they are riding on...and I suspect that on any given day, the European riders and US riders are pretty equal in talent.
mom241
3/11/2010 4:21pm
I think it would be fun and very challenging to go race some
GPs. Logistically, though, very tough to make happen.

Good luck to Jimmy!!!
rileymx
3/11/2010 6:30pm
i think that a lot of things could change if luongo is able to make his ideas stick.........if most of the young guns in europe have the us sx dream and would love to have the chance to do sx and gp........i dont see the compact season being accepted by the major teams and riders of the mxgp series..........
i have a lot of doughts about this, but if it happens then it might create a new class of world wide factory riders, since even the main sponsors are becoming the same in both series, then the millions could be for the elite riders that race the world, a oem could make the most out of the big paychecks to elite riders by making then represent their brand worldwide and not only in a one of race where racers do it for their countries......i'm thinking of a few names that fit this world elite racers, and some are americans....!!!!!!!!
of corse most americans will prefer and will find the means to stay home, as will most of the european.......but the ideia of an elite class of a few riders that really represent the best of the sport in the world looks challenging to me......
Mxxer
3/12/2010 3:11am
mccread wrote:
1400 bucks a week entry fee and no purse money. Right.
Jefro98
3/12/2010 4:38am
Mxxer wrote:
1400 bucks a week entry fee and no purse money. Right.
Paid by the team, not by the rider.
mccread
3/12/2010 4:39am
you do realise they get salaries from the teams and bonus money within that salary?

Cairoli and co. are making good money.

Dungey and RV aren't living off there prize money... there is a reason 80 riders can make a living racing outdoor only in GPs and very few make money racing outdoor only in the US.

If a US rider wants to ride outdoors only they will race GPs instead of US racing.

Ignorance is a terrible curse.. the team pays the entry free the rider gets a salary from the team .... Do you actually think the riders in the GPs make no money and the riders in the AMA make their money in Prize money? don't be so ignorant. The prize money in the US means nothing to the top riders DV said that in his podcast.

Aren't alot of guys in the US racing for free this year anyway?
Mxxer
3/12/2010 5:07am
mccread wrote:
you do realise they get salaries from the teams and bonus money within that salary? Cairoli and co. are making good money. Dungey and RV aren't...
you do realise they get salaries from the teams and bonus money within that salary?

Cairoli and co. are making good money.

Dungey and RV aren't living off there prize money... there is a reason 80 riders can make a living racing outdoor only in GPs and very few make money racing outdoor only in the US.

If a US rider wants to ride outdoors only they will race GPs instead of US racing.

Ignorance is a terrible curse.. the team pays the entry free the rider gets a salary from the team .... Do you actually think the riders in the GPs make no money and the riders in the AMA make their money in Prize money? don't be so ignorant. The prize money in the US means nothing to the top riders DV said that in his podcast.

Aren't alot of guys in the US racing for free this year anyway?
"Ignorance is a terrible curse.. "

One of the more accurate things you have said.
Hoov
3/12/2010 5:28am
Of course I have no inside information beyond what has been reported in the press, but as a purely financial matter with Jimmy, it seems when he went looking for a job in the MX business for 2010, he found his most lucrative contract in Europe...I guess they don't pay too bad over there Wink

mccread, you are so right....Jimmy has the heart, determination and maturity to do well in the World GP's, thanks for the link to part 2 of the article...what a great insight into a great rider.
Hoov
3/12/2010 5:35am
When he thanks Cairoli for not "plough'n" him in the last corner of the One-on-One competition at Mantova....that is SOOOOOO typical of Jimmy!
holeshot100
3/12/2010 8:10am
This was a simple topic about an interview with Jimmy to give some insight into his career{now and before}. Fun stuff for moto fans.
McCread, we appreciate your loyalty to GP race scene, but why do you hijack every topic into a US vs. GP?
Please feel free to start your own topic to discuss or argue this matter.
Please try your best to refrain from this practice in other topics.
We all have a love for motocross, and that is why we visit these forums.
There is a great appreciation of riders, whether they are from down under, South Africa, Europe, or any other country.
The US embraces riders from other countries, just as Europe has embraced the likes of Donny Schmidt, Mike Brown, Trampas Parker, Bobby Moore, Brad Lackey, Zach Osborne, and now Jimmy. Also, all the racers who have attended Bercy and other SX's over in Europe are loved by the overseas fans. Why, because we love to watch professionals show their unbelievable skills on a dirt bike.
Viva the sport of motocross and this sport's great fans.
Albee Sr.
MX479Guy
3/12/2010 11:15am
Some of you guys are missing that part that with the GP's youre in a different country every weekend. New languages, new food, new roads, new travel agenda, new tracks, etc.

ShookOne
3/12/2010 11:20am
"Ignorance is a terrible curse.. "

LOL @ MCCREADS LOGIC
mccread
3/12/2010 11:23am
Albee senior said - This was a simple topic about an interview with Jimmy to give some insight into his career{now and before}. Fun stuff for moto fans.
McCread, we appreciate your loyalty to GP race scene, but why do you hijack every topic into a US vs. GP?
There is a great appreciation of riders, whether they are from down under, South Africa, Europe, or any other country.
The US embraces riders from other countries, just as Europe has embraced the likes of Donny Schmidt, Mike Brown, Trampas Parker, Bobby Moore, Brad Lackey, Zach Osborne, and now Jimmy. Also, all the racers who have attended Bercy and other SX's over in Europe are loved by the overseas fans. Why, because we love to watch professionals show their unbelievable skills on a dirt bike.
Albee Sr.

First off I just said I would like to see Trey Canard race the World Championship... then other people started saying negaitive stuff due to ignorance. I also gave a quote from Mike Brown with advice for Jimmy.

I also posted the 2nd part of the interview for everyone to read.

I highlighted your quote in Bold becasue - Europe is not a country! Jimmy is not racing the European nationals this season.

Foreign riders racing in the US cannot be compared with Jimmy racing the world championship.
It is a World Championship with riders from different countries competing in it to be the best in the world by racing in 14 different countries. America is just one of those many countries that has riders competiting in it.

That is the nature of a World Championship - to have the best riders from whatever nation they come from competing.

Europe doesn't exist it is just a name.

Cairoli, Nagl, Desalle are just as foreign to me as they are to an American.. they all come from different countries and from racing different national championships.

My nationality is not European, European is not even a nationality, it is Northern Irish, just like your nationality is American.

I love watching yout US National racing as much as I love my British and Irish national racing .

If you are going to compare foreign riders competing compare like with like which is foreign riders competing in the British national series for me.

The British nationals have lots of foreign riders in it too just like America and it's great to have French, German, American, Latvian, South African, New Zealand this season.

There have been Japenese, Australian, Danish and Finnish riders racing in the British nationals in the past too, like the US series it adds to the racing.

Mike Brown won 2 national titles here in the UK - in fact he was the defending British Champ when he won the American series in 2001.

And I love World Championship racing just as much as watching British or American motocross.

I also am looking forward to seeing Jimmy race this year I still maintain top 10 will be a good year... but I think next year will be the year he will really step up..

Jimmy is in the same boat as a couple of Irish riders this year, living in a different country and adapting to new tracks in different countries...but he has a great attitude and I think he will do well this season I wish him the best of luck.

I would also like to see Trey win the US 250 nationals!

500guy
3/12/2010 11:23am
This was a simple topic about an interview with Jimmy to give some insight into his career{now and before}. Fun stuff for moto fans. McCread, we...
This was a simple topic about an interview with Jimmy to give some insight into his career{now and before}. Fun stuff for moto fans.
Albee Sr.
Yes, well said.
500guy
3/12/2010 11:27am
Irish Whiskey anyone ?
Astor
3/12/2010 12:24pm
I think Albertson will visit the podium a few times this year, Its great to see some new fresh blood in MX1
holeshot100
3/12/2010 12:54pm
McCread, I do know the difference between Europe and all the countries that make up the European continent{which has grown}. I didn't want to single out you and the UK, knowing that an Estonian, some Belgians and Germans just came there last week and put an asswhooping on you guys.By the way, that Estonian {who won by thirty seconds in one moto last week} did get beat by a few Italians and even an American the week before in Italy.
Now wasn't that fun. Heee Hee!
500guy
3/12/2010 12:59pm
Just wait

Jimmy gets 12th at a GP Mc Logic say's that's top 5 in USA

He get's top 5 in a GP and that Mc Logic proves he will win any National in USA and he will make more money than Trey Canard does because GP's pay so good.
spd721
3/12/2010 1:35pm
Why the hell would a top 5 guy in the States go race the GP's?
ayearinmx
3/12/2010 1:40pm
McCread, I do know the difference between Europe and all the countries that make up the European continent{which has grown}. I didn't want to single out...
McCread, I do know the difference between Europe and all the countries that make up the European continent{which has grown}. I didn't want to single out you and the UK, knowing that an Estonian, some Belgians and Germans just came there last week and put an asswhooping on you guys.By the way, that Estonian {who won by thirty seconds in one moto last week} did get beat by a few Italians and even an American the week before in Italy.
easy there mister... don't make me go back and bring up tanel's results from mantova, valence or indeed montevarchi Wink

personally, i'm just glad to be able to see these guys in action.... i can't wait to hit up bulgaria again.... that track is awesome and while it certainly won't settle any arguments, it will at least provide a small indication of where people are, speed wise

jimmy does have a lot to answer for though.... fancy choosing to race the GPs and causing all this drama... i'll be sure to give him a piece of my mind when i next see him, and tell him all the trouble he's caused by racing the world championships Laughing
mccread
3/12/2010 2:05pm
McCread, I do know the difference between Europe and all the countries that make up the European continent{which has grown}. I didn't want to single out...
ha ha True, but Leok raced the british series in 04 or 05, so can we claim him? lol Leok is fast in that sandy stuff ! Wasn't Jimmy supposed to be racing Hawkstone? I bet he is looking forward to ben coming over, BT should help Jimmy alot with advice etc.

Anyway you Americans are used to foreign riders putting an ass whoppin on your countries national riders too recently with Reed and Pourcel ha ha - so we have somthing in common lol - ; )

Simpson and Anderson got hurt and not all the top British riders and teams competed ahem Wink lol

Next week Pichon is riding the British championship along with Roczen against the British regulars, it's going to be great! It doesn't really bother me if they beat the British guys to be honest, ha ha I would prefer the foreign riders to race and win in theUK than not race at all.

And no problem, I would prefer to be singled out for my nationial championship rather than be called European lol

off topic I see 500 guy is putting false words in my mouth again....oh well...

Post a reply to: Cool Article On Jimmy Albertson In Europe

The Latest