Cone valve question

cousinskeet
To all of you with cone valve forks. The inevitable has finally happened and I blew a fork seal. My question is can I let my local tuner change the seal or do I have to send them back to factory services and be down for 2 weeks? Shipping from east coast to cali. I ask because factory services made a big deal about someone going into the forks when they got damaged earlier this year.
|
moore433
9/4/2017 9:29am
Just soak them in Windex, Windex fixes everything!!
mx317
9/4/2017 9:43am
Don't have to go to Factory Services. East coast had Factory Connection and Powerband that are both great. It's no big deal to change seals other than the seal case screws off the fork leg.
mxb2
9/4/2017 11:56am
To all of you with cone valve forks. The inevitable has finally happened and I blew a fork seal. My question is can I let my...
To all of you with cone valve forks. The inevitable has finally happened and I blew a fork seal. My question is can I let my local tuner change the seal or do I have to send them back to factory services and be down for 2 weeks? Shipping from east coast to cali. I ask because factory services made a big deal about someone going into the forks when they got damaged earlier this year.
Factory connection is a WP dealer now. Ship them there. Call them, they will send you a box
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2875th
9/4/2017 11:58am
Factory connection New Hampshire and California are both 2 day turn around time currently. Site is updated after each work day FYI if you wanna time it out to not miss two weekends of riding

The Shop

cousinskeet
9/4/2017 12:33pm
Mxb2 you are local to my area. I was thinking of running up to fc in pa and hoping they could do it while I wait. Does fc take walk ins?
LumpDog841
9/4/2017 12:35pm
Mxb2 you are local to my area. I was thinking of running up to fc in pa and hoping they could do it while I wait...
Mxb2 you are local to my area. I was thinking of running up to fc in pa and hoping they could do it while I wait. Does fc take walk ins?
Only the main New Hampshire and cali locations will service Cone Valve forks.
cousinskeet
9/4/2017 12:38pm
Pool-eh wrote:
Factory connection New Hampshire and California are both 2 day turn around time currently. Site is updated after each work day FYI if you wanna time...
Factory connection New Hampshire and California are both 2 day turn around time currently. Site is updated after each work day FYI if you wanna time it out to not miss two weekends of riding
3 business days there. 2 business days turnaround. 3 business days back. 8 business days. Plus there has to be a weekend in there somewhere. 2 weeks.
cousinskeet
9/4/2017 12:43pm
Mxb2 you are local to my area. I was thinking of running up to fc in pa and hoping they could do it while I wait...
LumpDog841 wrote:
Only the main New Hampshire and cali locations will service Cone Valve forks.
Ahhhhh.
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2875th
9/4/2017 1:14pm
Call FC to see scheduling availability. Sometimes they can get in and out same day if you call with more than 1 day advance notice than current turn around time but you should call tomorrow when they open 8am ET. as for shipping time, I don't have that map but it may be 2 days out. Incoming can be aightly longer. Get them in for a complete service and get back to riding
mxb2
9/4/2017 2:22pm
Call.rich Rogers. At Fc. In new Hampshire. Tell him Billy sent ya.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/4/2017 2:34pm
A local guy can change fork seals. Not any different than other forks, just make sure they refill to the correct amount of oil and use the recommended oil weight. FC recommends 5W for my CVs.
Naanak
9/4/2017 4:35pm
I always did walk ins at the PA one. I would call ahead first, that's what I did.

Post a reply to: Cone valve question

The Latest