Concussion

level
11/30/2009 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:09pm
Maybe I'm being a little paranoid. However, I brought this up a while back but I was wondering if it's possible to get a concussion from riding?

Reason I ask-I have a small Supercross style track at my house. I have to soften my suspension from 12 clicks to 16 or it's a little harsh. On an outdoor track locally here I would have to run the 12 clicks for best performance.

I have a big triple, couple big doubles, and a rhythm section. I notice when I land sometimes after the triple my head jolts a little. I don't bottom out, I don't wreck. I really don't land that hard but after I land my head kind of hurts. It does move around like a what seems like very small whiplash type movement but that's about it. After I'm done riding I have a headache,dizzy-feel like shit. Now granted this could be from being out of shape-over exerting myself and sweating my ass off and getting my heart rate way up there fairly quickly but I am not sure. I don't know if I am giving myself repeated concussions.

I am going to get my suspension looked at this week but has anybody ever heard of concussions from this type of scenario?
|
BobbyM
11/30/2009 7:10pm
a concussion is a brain injury caused by an abrubt stinger to the head. it doesn't sound like it but anything is possible i suppose.
staycasted
11/30/2009 7:34pm
maybe stiffen up your suspension instead of making it softer... let the suspension take the impact
drmarkr
11/30/2009 8:15pm
I recall your previous posts on this....if you were my patient, and knowing what I know about moto, I'd probably order some testing to check out your neck and head/maybe other things. This is a little suspicious to me.

Now...your doc may have no clue what this means in the context of moto. Nonetheless, you need to see him and have it checked. Do it. Doctors orders.

The Shop

CamP
11/30/2009 8:28pm
Some antidepressants can case dizziness and headaches. A few years ago I was prescribed Welbutrin to stop smoking and it made me feel that way.
BobbyM
11/30/2009 8:34pm
drmarkr wrote:
I recall your previous posts on this....if you were my patient, and knowing what I know about moto, I'd probably order some testing to check out...
I recall your previous posts on this....if you were my patient, and knowing what I know about moto, I'd probably order some testing to check out your neck and head/maybe other things. This is a little suspicious to me.

Now...your doc may have no clue what this means in the context of moto. Nonetheless, you need to see him and have it checked. Do it. Doctors orders.
awesome advice.
bvm111
11/30/2009 8:49pm
I go with out of shape and probably dehydrated.
BINGO!!!! Wink

Post a reply to: Concussion

The Latest