Compare Dungey to Bailey...

Bultaco
Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 10:35am
I took a hiatus from MX during the prime Bailey years. While aware of David's amazing smoothness and talents I was not watching him ride. It strikes me that Ryan Dungey is smooth, precise, motivated, and quiet about himself much like David was. Those of you that were paying attention and have seen both, what do you think?
|
WFO!
6/7/2015 11:47am
Please.

I actually enjoyed watching Bailey.

I dont enjoy watching Dungey.

Yeah he surely gets the job done, but he is the most 'White bread' flavorless unagressive rider to watch.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You should have compared him to Kiedrowski. Another snooze fest champion.

Heal up Tomac, we miss you already.
MR. X
6/7/2015 11:54am
Keep up the hard work Ryan . Your top of the pack speed has become so smooth it looks boring apparently.
dirtnapper
6/7/2015 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 3:01pm
WFO! wrote:
Please. I actually enjoyed watching Bailey. I dont enjoy watching Dungey. Yeah he surely gets the job done, but he is the most 'White bread' flavorless...
Please.

Yeah he surely gets the job done, but he is the most 'White bread' flavorless unagressive rider to watch.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Classy post...........Pinch

Snooze fest champion? Did you just make that up?
6/7/2015 3:19pm
I think it is a great riding style, and year after year he keeps getting wins, championships and setting new records.

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
909th
6/7/2015 3:26pm
A very accurate comparison. Both super efficient on the bike, no wasted energy.
mark911
6/7/2015 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 3:28pm
WFO! wrote:
Please. I actually enjoyed watching Bailey. I dont enjoy watching Dungey. Yeah he surely gets the job done, but he is the most 'White bread' flavorless...
Please.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have to agree to an extent. While the racers race to make a living, most of us fans watch for the entertainment value (unless you're are one of those that live vicariously through your favorite rider). I'd rather watch Barcia or Peick ride seemingly out of control and in 10th place over Dungy winning and going fast, it's simply more exciting as long as nobody gets hurt. Funny I should mention both JGR riders, Hummmmm. Anyway, I'm not saying I'd be entertained watching a bunch of clowns go around the track falling all over themselves, but top five speed with some "flare" is very exciting to watch. Eli was more than exciting, he was mesmerizingly fast and subsequently extremely entertaining while it lasted.
6/7/2015 4:03pm
No one seemed to mind, Windham's smooth style, but Dungey is flavorless?
bigborefan
6/7/2015 4:19pm
I am a huge Bailey fan, and a JMB fan, and a Pourcel fan, and a Musquin fan, and a Dungey fan.

Dungey doesn't quite have the "flair" of the others I mentioned, but he's got something working for him.

And plus he's the underdog. Everyone always writes off Dungey. But he just keeps sailing along, racking up those points.

He's a sponsors dream. Clean cut, good looking, all American as it gets, no controversy.

I'm pulling for Dungey all the way. i hope he knocks down this outdoor title.
bd
6/7/2015 5:31pm
Dunge has technique... his technique is very sound. Rarely does he get sloppy with technique
Camp332
6/7/2015 5:37pm
Love watching Dungey ride. His smoothness and technique is awesome. Plus his aggression is there this year
DonM
6/7/2015 6:04pm
I raced with Bailey and Dungey is not really comparable to Bailey, David was closer to Everts in talent and style....now I watched Jeff Stanton grow up and Dungey is very close to what Stanton was...
slipdog
6/7/2015 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 6:25pm
Camp332 wrote:
Love watching Dungey ride. His smoothness and technique is awesome. Plus his aggression is there this year
It'd blow your wig back to see how smooth and aggressive he is in the squat rack!
jeffro503
6/7/2015 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 6:35pm
WFO! wrote:
Please.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

YEAH!! RD should just go WFO every where and wad his brains out every other race! Doin' for the fans....bro! Cause we all know it's about the flash and style , screw them championships , they are for chumps! Nobody will ever remember all those championships RD has won anyways right bro? What do they keep records of this shit? Pfft please! As long as he's smokin' fools , doin' big ole sick whips and scrubbin' through the whoops , he aint doin' it right for all the peeps!
Camp332
6/7/2015 6:37pm
Camp332 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
It'd blow your wig back to see how smooth and aggressive he is in the squat rack!
Got any footage Bro!?
Outsider
6/7/2015 6:45pm
Dungey has working man style, Bailey had beautiful style IMO
slipdog
6/7/2015 6:51pm
Camp332 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Got any footage Bro!?
This was pre season, before he shaved the winter coat and cut weight for A1

6/7/2015 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 8:24pm
I've often wondered this myself.
6/7/2015 8:39pm
I disagree with that comparison. Windham wasn't necessarily flashy but when the time was right he had every bit as much looseness & aggression as Stewart. Remember his last season, was it the San Diego race that he and Bubs had a great battle going? KW was also pretty tall.

Dungey is a good rider, smart and less interesting to watch and annoying to listen to on the podium at times.
Seamorbutts
6/7/2015 8:55pm
WFO! wrote:
Please.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haha, WFO doesn't like fast and smooth, who would have known? Lol, I do see your point though, and I also find Dungey boring as hell.
Outsider
6/7/2015 8:56pm
How is this even a comparison at all? Will we see Dungey doing huge transfers or things like this?

Face it, Dungey is effective as hell, but as exciting as sugar free vanilla yogurt..lol

stewie94
6/7/2015 9:02pm
imo dunge had style for days on the suzuki but on the ktm , its like deano , their just tall for tht ktm
Pembroke36
6/7/2015 9:03pm
Dungey is one of the fastest riders on the planet. He is one of the few who will jump any section that only a select few riders would attempt and people will still complain. Only reason people think he is boring is because he hasn't wrecked while doing it.
jonesaustin
6/8/2015 10:00am
DonM wrote:
I raced with Bailey and Dungey is not really comparable to Bailey, David was closer to Everts in talent and style....now I watched Jeff Stanton grow...
I raced with Bailey and Dungey is not really comparable to Bailey, David was closer to Everts in talent and style....now I watched Jeff Stanton grow up and Dungey is very close to what Stanton was...
DonM what about Glover? I always thought Dungey is reminiscent of Broc in many ways, what do you think?
6/8/2015 10:13am
WFO! wrote:
Please.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Go back and watch Moto 2 of just last weekend. He was riding crazy, definitely pushing the envelope when he was behind I believe cole seely.
Wandell
6/8/2015 10:16am
DonM wrote:
I raced with Bailey and Dungey is not really comparable to Bailey, David was closer to Everts in talent and style....now I watched Jeff Stanton grow...
DonM what about Glover? I always thought Dungey is reminiscent of Broc in many ways, what do you think?
Yep, Glover is also underrated. Dungey may take Glover's title of most underrated champion of all time with a few more Vital threads like this one!!
mark_swart
6/8/2015 2:53pm
DonM wrote:
I really think you're onto something with this one. Smooth, methodical, precise. Definitely closer to Glover than Stanton and probably Bailey, IMO.
Tbteam
6/8/2015 3:00pm
Take either Dungey or DB, give me 10% of their talent, and I'd improve my riding by 500%.
bd
6/8/2015 4:34pm
Tbteam wrote:
Take either Dungey or DB, give me 10% of their talent, and I'd improve my riding by 500%.
Well said
bd
6/8/2015 4:36pm
Seriously, if I were to teach my kid how to ride a bike, I would tell him to mirror Dungey. Dunge is one of the fastest riders in the world and rarely crashes. Very sound technique --- toes, hips, core, grip, head

Post a reply to: Compare Dungey to Bailey...

The Latest