Coming Home

Niloz
Edited Date/Time 4/24/2015 7:33pm
After spending the last 3+ years living here in the Philippines it looks like I'll be repatriating to the US in about a year. My opportunities are to come back to Ohio, which I love (except for the winters). Other opportunity is near Orlando.

I know what I got going back to Ohio - great dirt, many tracks and pretty decent organized racing. What does anyone know about the Orlando area in terms of the same?

I've got some time to think this through before I choose. Year round riding due to the climate in Florida sounds REALLY appealing but you can't beat the dirt and the # of tracks in Ohio .

Thoughts?
|
4/24/2015 1:01pm
Well newly coined OMA is kicking ass. Got a pro quad nat last year and two area qualifiers this year.

What part of ohio ? come back to the OH!
TeamGreen
4/24/2015 1:08pm
Go whereverTF you feel you'll be happiest.

Best Of Luck and Congratulations!
dboivin
4/24/2015 1:11pm
summers in florida....riding not so much fun...feels like doing laps in a microwave.
IWreckALot
4/24/2015 1:11pm
Niloz wrote:
After spending the last 3+ years living here in the Philippines it looks like I'll be repatriating to the US in about a year. My opportunities...
After spending the last 3+ years living here in the Philippines it looks like I'll be repatriating to the US in about a year. My opportunities are to come back to Ohio, which I love (except for the winters). Other opportunity is near Orlando.

I know what I got going back to Ohio - great dirt, many tracks and pretty decent organized racing. What does anyone know about the Orlando area in terms of the same?

I've got some time to think this through before I choose. Year round riding due to the climate in Florida sounds REALLY appealing but you can't beat the dirt and the # of tracks in Ohio .

Thoughts?
Come to DFW. We have quite a few options for riding and about 6 hare scramble series. Good job market also.

If it's Ohio or Orlando, i'd choose Orlando.

The Shop

Cygnus
4/24/2015 1:13pm
Those the only 2 places you can go? Colorado has year round riding, MB, boating is decent even for being landlocked. Great weather and legal marijuana. Can't go wrong here really.
TeamGreen
4/24/2015 1:17pm
Cygnus wrote:
Those the only 2 places you can go? Colorado has year round riding, MB, boating is decent even for being landlocked. Great weather and legal marijuana...
Those the only 2 places you can go? Colorado has year round riding, MB, boating is decent even for being landlocked. Great weather and legal marijuana. Can't go wrong here really.
Whoa, Dude!

Weed is Legal? No way, Bruh!

Weed, Legal!

Whoa!
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
4/24/2015 2:12pm
Cygnus once again bringing up the finer qualities of colorado.
4/24/2015 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2015 4:34pm
Cygnus wrote:
Those the only 2 places you can go? Colorado has year round riding, MB, boating is decent even for being landlocked. Great weather and legal marijuana...
All good until they start doing roadside tests. Being that It's legal there, you can't even plead the 5th amendment.

https://youtu.be/lT-_6XR2lEE
h&m_cycle
4/24/2015 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2015 3:24pm
Ohio sucks, I was born here, I'm back here, was living in the orlando area for 20.5 years, love the heat & sun.

Lots of practice days, they"re building a couple motocycle complex's in florida. Winter's suck here.

Yeah Dungey & Martin are from Minn. my ass. Closest nice track to me is High Point. What a joke Malvern is.

This isn't very far from Orlando.

https://youtu.be/qb3jT60Qje4
Cygnus
4/24/2015 3:55pm
I've been a grower since 1981. Legal weed has kind of ruined my old business. Just saying there are lots of new jobs and they are even collecting much more tax than originally thought so now they are trying to decide wwether to give it back to the people or keep it and use it for gov. I should have just said Florida.
yota
4/24/2015 4:15pm

when the ice age gets bad you're all going to move here.
mxb2
4/24/2015 4:56pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Ohio sucks, I was born here, I'm back here, was living in the orlando area for 20.5 years, love the heat & sun. Lots of practice...
Ohio sucks, I was born here, I'm back here, was living in the orlando area for 20.5 years, love the heat & sun.

Lots of practice days, they"re building a couple motocycle complex's in florida. Winter's suck here.

Yeah Dungey & Martin are from Minn. my ass. Closest nice track to me is High Point. What a joke Malvern is.

This isn't very far from Orlando.

https://youtu.be/qb3jT60Qje4
When is the last time you were at malvern, briarcliff, chillitown?
Zracer
4/24/2015 5:13pm
Niloz wrote:
After spending the last 3+ years living here in the Philippines it looks like I'll be repatriating to the US in about a year. My opportunities...

Thoughts?
Yeah theres no racing in central Florida. Good luck in Ohio
plowboy
4/24/2015 7:33pm
Unless you are a hard core winter lover this is a no brainer. Stuck indoors from Nov-Mar sucks. Fla equals 12 months of play time.

Post a reply to: Coming Home

The Latest