Coffee at Denny's

breck
7/23/2009 12:12am
Denny loves moto man, he still races and everything...
Pat327
7/23/2009 12:29am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2009 12:30am
DC
7/23/2009 5:56am
I know some folks knock the TV format -- showing the second moto in the hour we have -- and moving to Saturdays and that's understandable. (We really hope to expand this next year with a two-hour show to show both classes.) But the highlights reels that have been going out on sites on Sunday and Monday, plus being a part of the Speed Report pretty much every Sunday night, has been a good step forward. There's lots more to come....

... In the meantime I am headed to Denny's!

DC
MX Sports

The Shop

sc961
7/23/2009 6:09am
I wasn't sure about the Saturday format, but after Millville I really like it.

We got home Sunday morning. Didn't rush out of the track in never ending traffic, had the day to get things cleaned up and put away, and actually had a minute to sit down and relax.

I don't know what it's done for the promoters as far as turn out numbers, but let's hope people can go along with some of the changes coming...

Good luck DC, and have a good week at Loretta's.
swizcore
7/23/2009 6:57am
Everyone always laughs when I say I like Denny's; but seriously, I LIKE DENNY'S!!
typ2vw159
7/23/2009 7:57am
I love the saturday race.Home by monday. But how did this effect the am.program!
ACMYERS
7/23/2009 8:21am
typ2vw159 wrote:
I love the saturday race.Home by monday. But how did this effect the am.program!
It made for a smooth AM program to boot. I like the new format. It was much more relaxing.
Larry
7/23/2009 8:46am
DC wrote:
I know some folks knock the TV format -- showing the second moto in the hour we have -- and moving to Saturdays and that's understandable...
I know some folks knock the TV format -- showing the second moto in the hour we have -- and moving to Saturdays and that's understandable. (We really hope to expand this next year with a two-hour show to show both classes.) But the highlights reels that have been going out on sites on Sunday and Monday, plus being a part of the Speed Report pretty much every Sunday night, has been a good step forward. There's lots more to come....

DC
MX Sports
I am loving Saturday nights now. Just wish we could get the 250 races sooner.
peelout719
7/23/2009 8:48am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2009 8:49am
nothing like watching moto while ingesting fake meat, eggs, and cheese to the tastebud-scalding taste of bitter coffee... mmmmm
7/23/2009 8:52am
I'm with you on that Larry and I always look for the 250's first.
ns503
7/23/2009 8:55am
This one-day Saturday thing has really messed up my MotoDream results.

Just had to get that off my chest. Wink

Keep up the good work DC, two thumbs up.

BTW, any chance you can get Southwick moved back to June? August is a real bad month for me. WinkWink
DownSouth
7/23/2009 8:58am
Arby's has a similar thing going with the TV monitors in their recently remodled restaurants. The video content seemed to be produced specifically for Arby's use with some racing footgae contibuted by the Speed Channel. I caught highlights of the Indianapolis SX race a few months ago.
Highsider
7/23/2009 10:20am
I attended Freestone, Red Bud and Millville, this season.

I practiced(Thurs) and raced (Fri), at the Millville and Red Bud amateur days, for the past three years, so I see no difference, except getting home on Sunday instead of Monday. The race days and practice days are the same, except Red Bud added a Sunday am race option!

When we are home the computer and tv coverage are awesome!

Keep it up DC, and keep the tweeks going! Thanks!!

Jim Johnson
sc961
7/23/2009 10:26am
Hey Jim, are you healed up from that young whipersnapper at Millville?
BobbyM
7/23/2009 10:52am
Tiki wrote:
Couple of us from the Fire Department went over to Denny's for late night coffee and BS about things. If you haven't been a Denny's within...
Couple of us from the Fire Department went over to Denny's for late night coffee and BS about things. If you haven't been a Denny's within the past month (it seems) they have revamped the restaurant for the late night crowd. Branding with Alt bands and large 42" monitors all over the restaurant. On these monitors seems to be Denny's branded media. The view shows weather, an advertisement and a video feed. The feed changes every couple minutes. From a VH1 style with a music video, to Generation X style sports. Surfing, Skate and yes MX.

So Im sitting there and up comes last weekends race highlights. I think this is a pretty good sign that MX is being delivered mainstream to one of the largest restaurant chains across the US. The video clip looked a lot like the clip on the front of Vital, two minute highlight of both classes; its a bonus for sponsors and new viewers.

I guess what I am getting at is, its pretty cool to have a coffee and catch up on MX if you were traveling across the states.
awesome tiki...i haven't been to a denys in a long time but i will now. thanks.

btw...how is the trout fishing looking around town?
7/23/2009 10:53am
DC wrote:
I know some folks knock the TV format -- showing the second moto in the hour we have -- and moving to Saturdays and that's understandable...

DC
MX Sports
Denny's is ok but they keep asking me if I want a senior discount! And the worset thing is I qualify for it
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
7/23/2009 12:02pm
Tiki wrote:
Couple of us from the Fire Department went over to Denny's for late night coffee and BS about things. If you haven't been a Denny's within...
Couple of us from the Fire Department went over to Denny's for late night coffee and BS about things. If you haven't been a Denny's within the past month (it seems) they have revamped the restaurant for the late night crowd. Branding with Alt bands and large 42" monitors all over the restaurant. On these monitors seems to be Denny's branded media. The view shows weather, an advertisement and a video feed. The feed changes every couple minutes. From a VH1 style with a music video, to Generation X style sports. Surfing, Skate and yes MX.

So Im sitting there and up comes last weekends race highlights. I think this is a pretty good sign that MX is being delivered mainstream to one of the largest restaurant chains across the US. The video clip looked a lot like the clip on the front of Vital, two minute highlight of both classes; its a bonus for sponsors and new viewers.

I guess what I am getting at is, its pretty cool to have a coffee and catch up on MX if you were traveling across the states.
BobbyM wrote:
awesome tiki...i haven't been to a denys in a long time but i will now. thanks.

btw...how is the trout fishing looking around town?
Fantastic Bobby. With the a summer hatch happening the trout are hungry. Late night canal fishing has been nice. Still a little warm. Monsoon cools it down to 95 in the afternoon. Supposed to be 105 today. Yeah I realize whom I am saying it's hot to...
BobbyM
7/23/2009 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2009 3:50pm
lol, man that sounds great...how big those canal trout get?
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
7/23/2009 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:04am
In the canal not to big. 1lb. Tasty morsels. I have been on crawdad kick. I have a trap I have yet to set, but they sound good. Now up at the Arcularius Ranch they grow them 5 and 6 pounders. You have to be a mucky muck fly fisherman to get at those. There use to be a bitchen spot on the walker river at my friends place, but that sold. Now all guided fish tours.
Right under the text NFD28 before the bend
denny360
7/23/2009 4:24pm
Hey you guys, thanks for all of your support. Next time you stop in, feel free to mention my name. That Grand Slam stuff, my idea.
calimxer91
7/23/2009 4:34pm
peelout719 wrote:
nothing like watching moto while ingesting fake meat, eggs, and cheese to the tastebud-scalding taste of bitter coffee... mmmmm
Sick Most places are loaded with T.V.s lately.First time we went to B.J.'s last year Moto was on the Biggest Screen there.Very pleasing to see.
BallsOut
7/23/2009 7:02pm
went to bishop fishing but caught nothing.

bishop is just hype. no fish anywhere.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
7/23/2009 7:14pm
Gotta follow the stock trucks..

Post a reply to: Coffee at Denny's

The Latest