Cody gragg (yz 250)

allenb27
6/28/2015 5:37am
newmann wrote:
Imagine that, the usual suspects making fun of a guy kicking ass in the mud on a stroker. Huh
We get it, you're a nonconforming hipster when it comes to dirtbikes. Now if you'd just trade in your computer for a typewriter we wouldnt have to deal your incessant complaining and the half dozen or so lemmings that come along after and agree with you. You're a whiner and a nuisance and you bring nothing to the table but a narrow-minded opinion shaped entirely by your own preferences and nothing more.
Starcrossed
6/28/2015 5:52am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 5:54am
newmann wrote:
Imagine that, the usual suspects making fun of a guy kicking ass in the mud on a stroker. Huh
allenb27 wrote:
We get it, you're a nonconforming hipster when it comes to dirtbikes. Now if you'd just trade in your computer for a typewriter we wouldnt have...
We get it, you're a nonconforming hipster when it comes to dirtbikes. Now if you'd just trade in your computer for a typewriter we wouldnt have to deal your incessant complaining and the half dozen or so lemmings that come along after and agree with you. You're a whiner and a nuisance and you bring nothing to the table but a narrow-minded opinion shaped entirely by your own preferences and nothing more.
Those lemmings are all his accounts too. haha. jk

Great job Mr. Gragg
newmann
6/28/2015 6:05am
newmann wrote:
allenb27 wrote:
We get it, you're a nonconforming hipster when it comes to dirtbikes. Now if you'd just trade in your computer for a typewriter we wouldnt have...
Laughing

Guess that's better than a Johnny Come Lately nut suckler.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/28/2015 8:24am
GuyB wrote:
Since you guys are all worked up already, here's a photo you can tape to your ceilings. ;) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/27/95973/s1200_GUYB0849.jpg[/img] Bow-chicka-bow-bow...
Since you guys are all worked up already, here's a photo you can tape to your ceilings. Wink

Bow-chicka-bow-bow...
mxb2 wrote:
Dont forget the slow music and hand lotionCool
I don't get it Tongue

The Shop

YZ125H1
6/28/2015 11:18am
GuyB wrote:
Since you guys are all worked up already, here's a photo you can tape to your ceilings. ;) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/27/95973/s1200_GUYB0849.jpg[/img] Bow-chicka-bow-bow...
Since you guys are all worked up already, here's a photo you can tape to your ceilings. Wink

Bow-chicka-bow-bow...
Thanks GuyB, now my life is complete.
mxb2
6/28/2015 11:21am
GuyB wrote:

Bow-chicka-bow-bow...
mxb2 wrote:
Dont forget the slow music and hand lotionCool
burn1986 wrote:
I don't get it Tongue
Sure ya dont.
Grizz
6/28/2015 11:24am
All the two strokes that were there qualified!
6/28/2015 11:31am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 11:33am
Grizz wrote:
..because of mud and luck.. and skills few of us posses.

Circle back with us when a 125 podiums in a national or supercross 250 class, or a 250 smoker podiums in the 450 SX or nats.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
6/28/2015 12:43pm
newmann wrote:
allenb27 wrote:
Yikes! 5 total posts in this joint and you decide to take this "shot across the bow"?

Just a "FYI" about this place........40% of the members consider a "smoker" as their primary bike.
mxb2
6/28/2015 12:52pm
newmann wrote:
allenb27 wrote:
OW38B wrote:
Yikes! 5 total posts in this joint and you decide to take this "shot across the bow"? Just a "FYI" about this place........40% of the members...
Yikes! 5 total posts in this joint and you decide to take this "shot across the bow"?

Just a "FYI" about this place........40% of the members consider a "smoker" as their primary bike.
lol , maybe he is part of the 60%, , what % of 2 stroke fans actually ride them, or just post pics of the bike in a garage on a stand?
Jon_Haynes
Fantasy
1195th
6/28/2015 12:58pm
I think a few days ago someone said " get back to us when someone scores points on a two stroke"
Insider347
6/28/2015 1:00pm
newmann wrote:
allenb27 wrote:
allenb27=douche
nytsmaC
6/28/2015 1:15pm
Grizz wrote:
None of them blew up, either.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/28/2015 1:31pm
Grizz wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
None of them blew up, either.
The transmission on Cody Gragg's race bike disagrees . . .
gsxr6
6/28/2015 1:34pm
250 two stroke could still win in supercross for sure! Just takes a top guy( as do the 4 strokes) . The handling advantage is profound, indoors it would show. As for outdoors, I don't think a 250 two stroke can win.
newmann
6/28/2015 2:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
lol , maybe he is part of the 60%, , what % of 2 stroke fans actually ride them, or just post pics of the bike...
lol , maybe he is part of the 60%, , what % of 2 stroke fans actually ride them, or just post pics of the bike in a garage on a stand?
I didn't see you at Unadilla a couple weeks back. They had some modern support classes you could have ridden. You busy eating popcorn at the basketball game?
mxb2
6/28/2015 2:52pm
mxb2 wrote:
lol , maybe he is part of the 60%, , what % of 2 stroke fans actually ride them, or just post pics of the bike...
newmann wrote:
I didn't see you at Unadilla a couple weeks back. They had some modern support classes you could have ridden. You busy eating popcorn at the...
I didn't see you at Unadilla a couple weeks back. They had some modern support classes you could have ridden. You busy eating popcorn at the basketball game?
haha, naw bro i was a fan at high point, then the next day i rode, following tues, thurs played in a hoops league. I actually use my stuff.Sick
nytsmaC
6/28/2015 3:16pm
Did you notice how they kept commenting on how Barcia just had to make it a couple more laps without his bike expiring, as if it were quite likely to let go at any moment.. And then he says after the race that he went through 3 engines that day, just to be safe? I don't remember that being a problem with the 2-strokes..

When Jeremy Martin stalled on the last lap of moto1, how many besides me were shocked to see it restart?

I don't hate 4-strokes, I just hate the rules that have been put in place to suffocate out the 2-strokes.. And I feel really sorry for the pros who have to pay for their own stuff who feel like they have to be on a 4-stroke to be competitive. Some of them blew up, some of them didn't, but I bet each and every one of them that didn't blow up are getting a complete rebuild right now anyways. It was a very expensive day for anyone who doesn't get free engines.

I bet the 2-stroke mounted guys are feeling pretty good about themselves right now, while some of the other guys are probably pretty somber.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
6/28/2015 3:54pm
mxb2 wrote:
newmann wrote:
I didn't see you at Unadilla a couple weeks back. They had some modern support classes you could have ridden. You busy eating popcorn at the...
mxb2 wrote:
haha, naw bro i was a fan at high point, then the next day i rode, following tues, thurs played in a hoops league. I actually...
haha, naw bro i was a fan at high point, then the next day i rode, following tues, thurs played in a hoops league. I actually use my stuff.Sick
Why are you such a SNOB?

Most all ride and race our bikes in here and some of us perfer a two stroke, why does it get "your panties in a bunch" when there is a pro two stroke thread?

You can always skip over the thread and keep your blood pressure down for the day....simple as that.
mxb2
6/28/2015 4:12pm
newmann wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
haha, naw bro i was a fan at high point, then the next day i rode, following tues, thurs played in a hoops league. I actually...
OW38B wrote:
Why are you such a SNOB? Most all ride and race our bikes in here and some of us perfer a two stroke, why does it...
Why are you such a SNOB?

Most all ride and race our bikes in here and some of us perfer a two stroke, why does it get "your panties in a bunch" when there is a pro two stroke thread?

You can always skip over the thread and keep your blood pressure down for the day....simple as that.
Seems like that you are mad not me, the rules are the rules in pro racing, if you dont have a pro card , why do you care? What have you done to help change the rules? or you can skip over my post also. fyi i ride both , but am not mad at honda, yamaha or the ama like some 2 stroke dudes.
PEPE001
6/28/2015 4:20pm
GrapeApe wrote:
The transmission on Cody Gragg's race bike disagrees . . .
But that was prior the Tech inspection.

So he didn't rode practice with the race bike.

For a practice bike that was not bad!
Ryno23
Fantasy
891st
6/28/2015 4:49pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Did you notice how they kept commenting on how Barcia just had to make it a couple more laps without his bike expiring, as if it...
Did you notice how they kept commenting on how Barcia just had to make it a couple more laps without his bike expiring, as if it were quite likely to let go at any moment.. And then he says after the race that he went through 3 engines that day, just to be safe? I don't remember that being a problem with the 2-strokes..

When Jeremy Martin stalled on the last lap of moto1, how many besides me were shocked to see it restart?

I don't hate 4-strokes, I just hate the rules that have been put in place to suffocate out the 2-strokes.. And I feel really sorry for the pros who have to pay for their own stuff who feel like they have to be on a 4-stroke to be competitive. Some of them blew up, some of them didn't, but I bet each and every one of them that didn't blow up are getting a complete rebuild right now anyways. It was a very expensive day for anyone who doesn't get free engines.

I bet the 2-stroke mounted guys are feeling pretty good about themselves right now, while some of the other guys are probably pretty somber.
^^^ this ^^^
Starcrossed
6/28/2015 5:06pm
Bam Bam had the world by the balls yesterday and he knew it. Everytime he came off the track he's telling his crew, "Ya guys...bike's running killer...throw in another fresh bullet and we got the W." And he delivered. Those engines were prob still good for a practice or two.
nytsmaC
6/28/2015 5:16pm
Bam Bam had the world by the balls yesterday and he knew it. Everytime he came off the track he's telling his crew, "Ya guys...bike's running...
Bam Bam had the world by the balls yesterday and he knew it. Everytime he came off the track he's telling his crew, "Ya guys...bike's running killer...throw in another fresh bullet and we got the W." And he delivered. Those engines were prob still good for a practice or two.
That's the impression I had too.. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I just don't remember them swapping complete engines in between practice/moto1/moto2 in the 2-stroke days just as a precaution, it wasn't an issue. It seems like another disadvantage that privateers now have.
newmann
6/28/2015 5:20pm
newmann wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
OW38B wrote:
Why are you such a SNOB? Most all ride and race our bikes in here and some of us perfer a two stroke, why does it...
Why are you such a SNOB?

He's just an old retired guy with too much time on his hands. Some of us have to work to pay his gubmint pension...lol.Tongue
olds cool
6/28/2015 6:05pm
Cody has tons of GNCC experience that couldn't have hurt in those conditions yesterday. Couple that with a superior engine design and voila...Silly

All BS aside, congrats and props to Cody. He and his family have put in a ton of work and logged a LOT of miles to prepare for the success he had yesterday. The Graggs are good people. I hope yesterday was the beginning of bigger and better things for #298.
Starcrossed
6/28/2015 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2015 6:10pm
Bam Bam had the world by the balls yesterday and he knew it. Everytime he came off the track he's telling his crew, "Ya guys...bike's running...
nytsmaC wrote:
That's the impression I had too.. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I just don't remember them swapping complete engines in between practice/moto1/moto2 in...
That's the impression I had too.. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I just don't remember them swapping complete engines in between practice/moto1/moto2 in the 2-stroke days just as a precaution, it wasn't an issue. It seems like another disadvantage that privateers now have.
The 4t is a privateer killer and part of the reason that I support the NESC. You can race 250 & 450 pro on a single 2 stroke, as opposed to maintaining two 4 strokes. The series isn't gangbusters but it's still alive, thanks in no small part to 2 strokes.

Maybe JGR is just testing some new combinations to deliver Barcia the ultimate "mud engine." haha

I was surprised to see JMart refire though.

Edit: new page...congrats again Cody...top ten next week?
2stroked
6/28/2015 7:48pm
ok enough bickering and whining. Just STFU, click this link:

http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/budds-creek-2015/video/2015-budds-…

fast foward to approximately 27:12 into the moto, then crank your volumes up. You can hear that beautiful YZ250 singing in the background, even over the sound of weigant and grant, and over barcia's yz450.

F*cking profound moment in motocross boys.
mxb2
6/28/2015 8:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
OW38B wrote:
Why are you such a SNOB?

newmann wrote:
He's just an old retired guy with too much time on his hands. Some of us have to work to pay his gubmint pension...lol.Tongue
I wish, workin on another job, but i make time to enjoy my toys, might go to the dark side, 16 150sx soonSilly

Post a reply to: Cody gragg (yz 250)

The Latest