Cody Cooper gets a crack at Grand Prix's

line-up
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:15pm
http://www.mxlarge.com/news/5412-cody-cooper-gets-a-crack-at-grand-prix…

Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1's Clement Desalle underwent a successful operation on his broken left shoulder yesterday (Tuesday) and will now face a six-week recovery period before beginning rehabilitation.
The Belgian, who fractured the joint in an accident competing in the Belgian Championship last weekend, decided to wait until his left limb was healed before opting for another procedure to fully-fix the right shoulder he dislocated two months ago which will need a three-week stint of convalescence.

The fresh injury disruption for the Belgian team means that only Kevin Strijbos (pictured) is 100% confirmed to face the British Grand Prix this weekend at Matterley Basin for what will be the 13th round of 15 in the FIM Motocross World Championship. Kiwi Cody Cooper has been lined-up to replace Desalle and is set to steer the works RM-Z450 in both Germany and Italy for the final meetings of the season in September.

Strijbos recorded third position overall at the Balen-Mol meeting where Desalle crashed and will take the factory RM-Z450 to the gate at the scenic circuit next to the town of Winchester, south east of London. Matterley Basin was inaugurated as a Grand Prix venue in 2006; the same year that it welcomed a record crowd for the Motocross of Nations. The local organisers, together with Championship promoters Youthstream, have worked hard to bring the competition back to the natural bowl setting with a fast, flowing and spectacular track. Strijbos has previous experience of Matterley from '06 where he finished second overall to Stefan Everts and also ran out for his country.

"It was a pretty good meeting for me at Balen but it was too bad that Clement had his accident. It means I am the only one riding for the team this weekend so I hope to do well," said Strijbos who has been selected for the 2011 Belgian Motocross of Nations team; the first time he will pull on the national colours since 2006. Desalle was due to be part of the line-up until his poor luck again in the domestic series. "Matterley is a nice track with a big layout. It doesn't feel like there are any sharp turns and you can really attack it.

"It feels good," he added concerning his Nations berth. "Again it is a shame for Clement that he will not be there but I am looking forward to the race...even if St Jean is not my favourite track."

The early weather forecast for the weekend is typically British with a day of sunshine on Saturday to be replaced by grey clouds and rainfall on Sunday.
|
8/18/2011 12:14pm
Good for him and good timing with his season just ending. Sucks Clement had to go do but that happens i guess.
M-M
8/18/2011 12:36pm
Get's to ride one the best bikes in the world. Good luck to Cody!

Post a reply to: Cody Cooper gets a crack at Grand Prix's

The Latest