Clark County AX Vancouver, WA-->

Tracktor
Edited Date/Time 12/29/2014 1:23pm
Local Portland, OR area riders come out and support CCAX this year. The tracks from this week forward will be completely different that what you have seen for a few years. We are trying some new ideas and getting good feedback from vet riders to pros to mini-kids. Working on making a safe flowy track that everyone can enjoy. We need feedback so if you stopped coming in the last year or so give it another try I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Support the last indoor track in the Portland metro area...............
|
motosmith
12/3/2014 12:33pm
Do you have a schedule of race/practice days?
Tracktor
12/3/2014 12:55pm
Practices Monday-Friday 10-3 & 4-9 Sundays just 10-3 because we rebuild Sunday that night.
Racing on Saturdays.............
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
12/3/2014 10:08pm
Do you have a website?
jeffro503
12/3/2014 10:15pm
Traktor.....you can count me in as long as the weather isn't too cold. My blood doesn't flow to my hands well due to multiple broken wrists.....but I'd love to come up and check it out again.Been like 15yrs since I've been there.

Asking the same as Spat.....website? Saw the practice schedule you put up though , so that's good. And open Mon-Fri for practice?? Holy hell I could take advantage of this! I get random days off and could definitely hit some weekday stiuff.

Is there a heated resting area or anything?

The Shop

mxnuts
12/4/2014 5:18am
^ ^ Smile

Vancouver Washington, just a few miles North of Portland Or.
Tracktor
12/4/2014 10:06am
jeffro503 wrote:
Traktor.....you can count me in as long as the weather isn't too cold. My blood doesn't flow to my hands well due to multiple broken wrists.....but...
Traktor.....you can count me in as long as the weather isn't too cold. My blood doesn't flow to my hands well due to multiple broken wrists.....but I'd love to come up and check it out again.Been like 15yrs since I've been there.

Asking the same as Spat.....website? Saw the practice schedule you put up though , so that's good. And open Mon-Fri for practice?? Holy hell I could take advantage of this! I get random days off and could definitely hit some weekday stiuff.

Is there a heated resting area or anything?
Website- www.ccarenacross.com No heat but bring a trailer or van and a propane heater is what most do. If you come out on Wednesday nights you are welcome to hang out in our heated trailer. Open every day of the week for practice plus Sunday mornings. Sunday nights we rebuild the whole track for the next week.

Just to be clear, I am not running it just helping push dirt this year. Been getting good feedback on the track this week so get out there and let me know if you like it. (or not).................
PC
12/4/2014 10:46am
I've got an ortho appt. tomorrow, but depending on how that goes I'll try to make it out next week. I saw some hcam footage and it looks just my style....
JW381
12/4/2014 10:56am
I'm gonna come up asap, it's just a busy time in school. Can't wait, haven't been in years.
Tracktor
12/4/2014 11:27am
PC, it's even better now than when David was out. Now I'm trying to figure out what to change for next week?..........
smoker
12/4/2014 11:47am
PC wrote:
I've got an ortho appt. tomorrow, but depending on how that goes I'll try to make it out next week. I saw some hcam footage and...
I've got an ortho appt. tomorrow, but depending on how that goes I'll try to make it out next week. I saw some hcam footage and it looks just my style....
wrist still bothering you from all the back and forth action?
BG's helmet cam looked like its pretty fun up there and didn't look too crowded either.
nice moves Tracktor!
holverson34
12/4/2014 11:52am
I'm curious, What's going to make the tracks different from what weve seen in the past
jeffro503
12/4/2014 11:58am
PC wrote:
I've got an ortho appt. tomorrow, but depending on how that goes I'll try to make it out next week. I saw some hcam footage and...
Brother PC!! Hope you are doing well man!

And Tracktor , I'll do my best to hit a Wed night. I'm buried with work right now , but I do want to get some riding in. I don't think it's more than about 25mins from home as soon as I can get free time I'll start coming up.

Thanks for making the thread btw...I had forgotten all about it.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
12/4/2014 12:00pm
MX Culture wrote:
Location?
The ball sack of Washington.
Vantucky isn't the ballsack of Washington. Ever been to Tacoma?
Tracktor
12/4/2014 12:04pm
I'm curious, What's going to make the tracks different from what weve seen in the past
Great question - The two main builders in the past, Steve & Lee, are both great guys. Steve, especially has been someone who I have talked track building with to a large extent and have very similar views with. Frankly, I would rather he build and I go back to riding/playing moto-dad for my boys. But, since that isn't going to happen this year I am helping out. IN NO WAY AM I KNOCKING ANY PREVIOUS BUILDER. I just think ever guy has their own vision.

The main thing I saw the last couple of years was very "busy" tracks that had obstacles that weren't really built for all levels. I tried to build a track aimed at say a vet rider/fast mini rider but where a pro could be challenged & a newby could ride around it with dropping off the backs of jumps, etc. Lot's of big rounded landings/take-offs, wide corners & options. From what I've seen and heard people really like what we built this week.

I will say it is a huge challenge to build an indoor track so big props to the guys that can do it quickly & efficiently. I was always a big critic (mostly kept it to myself) and had to eat crow when I got behind the controls. Outdoor builds are so much easier.............

I'll follow up with what would you like/not like to see in there?......
pummel
Fantasy
370th
12/4/2014 12:09pm
I really need to get up there. I can say from personal experience that Tracktor's personal track at his house was epic when I rode there and I'm sure he's going to do a great job at Clark County.
jeffro503
12/4/2014 12:10pm
It is very challenging to build tracks that make everyone happy. A lot of guys know I built the tracks at HindsightMX for the first 4yrs and had a blast doing it. I tried to set up the tracks so they flowed well for faster beginners and mid pack junior riders....because that's where the majority of the riders skill set was at. It flowed well for mini rider and vets as well. Our building was big enough where I could put some split lanes in , where I would make some more challenging lanes for the Int-Pro guys and it worked really well.
holverson34
12/4/2014 12:16pm
I Personally always liked hindsights tracks a lot, I liked the jumps they built.. fairly simple lanes.. a lot like what you have mentioned. I'll have to make the trip up there this weekend!
jeffro503
12/4/2014 12:52pm
I Personally always liked hindsights tracks a lot, I liked the jumps they built.. fairly simple lanes.. a lot like what you have mentioned. I'll have...
I Personally always liked hindsights tracks a lot, I liked the jumps they built.. fairly simple lanes.. a lot like what you have mentioned. I'll have to make the trip up there this weekend!
You mean to Clark county though right? I'm bummed Hindsight got shut down too. Had a lot of really good memories in that place ( a few bad ones as well with injuries ) I left the track about 1yr before they closed. The owners would let me just totally go off on the place every once in a while and let me build some big stuff haha. Had quite a few sets of 75' triples , monster size whoop sections , some gnarly big timing sections. I had a 95' double step up to a triple step down in there a few times too. Had to hit that sucker in 3rd around the bowl turn on a 450 to make it to the end.....but man she flowed smooth and was really fun!
Brad873
12/4/2014 1:28pm
Man, I wish I lived closer! I would love to have an indoor place to ride in the winter! We typically hit Juniper Dunes and Horn Rapids a couple times over the winter months until we can hit it here at home. Enjoy everyone!
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
12/4/2014 2:15pm
MX Culture wrote:
Location?
The ball sack of Washington.
pummel wrote:
Vantucky isn't the ballsack of Washington. Ever been to Tacoma?
Everett is worse than all of them combined. Tacoma has nice areas at least.
holverson34
12/4/2014 2:22pm
I Personally always liked hindsights tracks a lot, I liked the jumps they built.. fairly simple lanes.. a lot like what you have mentioned. I'll have...
jeffro503 wrote:
You mean to Clark county though right? I'm bummed Hindsight got shut down too. Had a lot of really good memories in that place ( a...
You mean to Clark county though right? I'm bummed Hindsight got shut down too. Had a lot of really good memories in that place ( a few bad ones as well with injuries ) I left the track about 1yr before they closed. The owners would let me just totally go off on the place every once in a while and let me build some big stuff haha. Had quite a few sets of 75' triples , monster size whoop sections , some gnarly big timing sections. I had a 95' double step up to a triple step down in there a few times too. Had to hit that sucker in 3rd around the bowl turn on a 450 to make it to the end.....but man she flowed smooth and was really fun!
Yeah I loved those double step ups and on-off type of things where the slower guys could jump part of it while the faster guys just huck the whole thing lol
jeffro503
12/4/2014 2:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You mean to Clark county though right? I'm bummed Hindsight got shut down too. Had a lot of really good memories in that place ( a...
Yeah I loved those double step ups and on-off type of things where the slower guys could jump part of it while the faster guys just...
Yeah I loved those double step ups and on-off type of things where the slower guys could jump part of it while the faster guys just huck the whole thing lol
Awesome man...I'm glad you had fun in there. Like Tracktor mentioned....it's very challenging to accommodate all the riders. Where you have any where from 50cc beginners all the way to 250-450 Pro/Int. The first 3yrs or so , they let me build some pretty big stuff in there and then the last year I kind of toned things down a bit. Had a lot of riders getting hurt and the owners and myself were tired of seeing it. I saw some really ugly stuff happen in the 4yrs I ran the track.....but I saw mostly great times and a lot of fun! I still keep in touch with Tammy ( who ran the front counter ) and the previous owner has been one of my best friends since high school. I was the one who originally introduced the sport to him. Then when he got rich.....he said " Lets build a big indoor track....and I want you to run it ".......I said HELL YEAH!
visser62
12/4/2014 3:55pm
Is this the race at the Fairgrounds?
FIREfish148
12/4/2014 4:17pm
Clark County has been the only indoor track to survive since back in the day. So many indoor places have come and gone but Clark county always has a track. Props to the guys that run it.
BigDaddyG
12/4/2014 5:07pm
Lets get a Vital NW ride day going there. I would like to go ride a bit and would be more than happy to help set something up.

Jeffro's wrist issues aren't due to broken wrists, his vag takes all his blood when it comes to riding, the cold weather just helps accentuate that as his labia holds an extra few ounces. Lol
pummel
Fantasy
370th
12/4/2014 5:27pm
I'd be all over a Vital day- That would be sweet!
jeffro503
12/4/2014 8:53pm
I would be all over a Vital day as well. Just give me a good heads up and if I aint working I will make it up.

PC.....you know a couple dudes I know as well.....we'll have to get in touch with them.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
12/4/2014 8:54pm
I am in as long as there isnt a Seahawks game on...

Post a reply to: Clark County AX Vancouver, WA-->

The Latest