Christope Pourcel to America confirmed?

CocaineCrazy
Edited Date/Time 7/30/2012 5:54pm
He posted a pic of his Florida Supercross track titled Florida,Florida Soon
does this confirm he will be DW15 teammate or does it mean RV 2 twotwo
|
watson
7/28/2012 12:26pm
I'm curious how he would do here. I thought he would have the current MX1 crowd covered.
4stroke4DWIN
7/28/2012 12:33pm
You guys are a little late to the program, look down the first page. It's already being argued about. lol

The Shop

7/28/2012 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2012 12:44pm
watson wrote:
I'm curious how he would do here. I thought he would have the current MX1 crowd covered.
not sure why you think he would have them 'covered' - he's had some pretty good battles with cairoli in previous seasons. MX1 is stacked with talent this year. Thing is with pourcel, he wont go faster than he feels safe riding (he always rides within his limits) got to respect that when he's had such serious inuries. There has been times this season when he's just not been able to run the pace of cairoli/desalle/paulin/de dyker/philleparts its a very fast group this year. theres also been times when he's been untouchable!

As far as how he would do in the states? the fact he was pretty much equal to canard and dungey when he raced them outdoors and he's won a supercross champs when rv was in the same class would tell you he should be near the front on a bike he's happy with. He's a top 3 rider on either side of the pond.

As far as who he's riding for? rumours that he's gona be riding on his own team in sx and outdoors, with pro circuit support. Offers from JWR and few others by all accounts.

I'd like to see him go back to the states- he will be a threat for race wins indoors and out on a decent bike. How cool would it be to see pourcel, trey, dungey, reed an RV go at it for a full season indoors and out?! That would be some epic racing!
TeamGreen
7/28/2012 12:59pm
So...everyone's stayed the same and Pourcel's gonna be back in the game?

Oh, ok.

Got it.
St Ann More
7/28/2012 1:13pm
10% moto win average in GP's

40% moto win average in the Nationals

He'll be better off racing in America...
APLMAN99
7/28/2012 1:15pm
watson wrote:
not sure why you think he would have them 'covered' - he's had some pretty good battles with cairoli in previous seasons. MX1 is stacked with...
not sure why you think he would have them 'covered' - he's had some pretty good battles with cairoli in previous seasons. MX1 is stacked with talent this year. Thing is with pourcel, he wont go faster than he feels safe riding (he always rides within his limits) got to respect that when he's had such serious inuries. There has been times this season when he's just not been able to run the pace of cairoli/desalle/paulin/de dyker/philleparts its a very fast group this year. theres also been times when he's been untouchable!

As far as how he would do in the states? the fact he was pretty much equal to canard and dungey when he raced them outdoors and he's won a supercross champs when rv was in the same class would tell you he should be near the front on a bike he's happy with. He's a top 3 rider on either side of the pond.

As far as who he's riding for? rumours that he's gona be riding on his own team in sx and outdoors, with pro circuit support. Offers from JWR and few others by all accounts.

I'd like to see him go back to the states- he will be a threat for race wins indoors and out on a decent bike. How cool would it be to see pourcel, trey, dungey, reed an RV go at it for a full season indoors and out?! That would be some epic racing!
He won a SX championship when RV was in the class? When was that?
chrisbuehler
7/28/2012 1:18pm
not sure why you think he would have them 'covered' - he's had some pretty good battles with cairoli in previous seasons. MX1 is stacked with...

Please don't compare him to Canard and RD because they raced lites together. That means nothing when they move up. He raced Freestone last yr and got smoked
TeamGreen
7/28/2012 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2012 1:19pm

Your US National Statistics are from "Back in the Day" on a 250 riding for Mitch.

Your GP Stat's are from "Now"...aka...a 450.

"Static" analysis doesn't work.

"Dynamic" does.
TDeath21
7/28/2012 1:33pm

If you want to play that game... In the four motos on a 450 in the US, Pourcel went 7-11-DNF-DNF. Then he goes to the GPs and is winning races and battling for wins.
TeamGreen
7/28/2012 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2012 1:44pm

TDeath21 wrote:
If you want to play that game... In the four motos on a 450 in the US, Pourcel went 7-11-DNF-DNF. Then he goes to the GPs...
If you want to play that game... In the four motos on a 450 in the US, Pourcel went 7-11-DNF-DNF. Then he goes to the GPs and is winning races and battling for wins.
I was going to go into that...however...I've already taken enough shit from our "cousins" on the issue and I think I'll just wait 'til I'm sipping my REALLY good Beer over there and watching how it all play's out...

In...exactly...

Two Months.

(Still crossin' my fingers for an RV appearance)
M-M
7/28/2012 1:43pm

TDeath21 wrote:
If you want to play that game... In the four motos on a 450 in the US, Pourcel went 7-11-DNF-DNF. Then he goes to the GPs...
From a crappy MCR bike to Kawasaki.

And he didn't go straight into winning races. He had to take time off to get back into shape. And to add, Clement Desalle has beaten Pourcel plenty. You remember that guy......
7/28/2012 1:53pm
watson wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
He won a SX championship when RV was in the class? When was that?
when he first went to the us- he won the supercross (lites) title at his first attempt, after having a year off with a broken back and some very serious injuries.

or do 'lites' races not count?
7/28/2012 1:54pm

TDeath21 wrote:
M-M wrote:
From a crappy MCR bike to Kawasaki. And he didn't go straight into winning races. He had to take time off to get back into shape...

And he didn't go straight into winning races. He had to take time off to get back into shape. And to add, Clement Desalle has beaten Pourcel plenty. You remember that guy......
selective memory
7/28/2012 1:55pm

Please don't compare him to Canard and RD because they raced lites together. That means nothing when they move up. He raced Freestone last yr and...
Please don't compare him to Canard and RD because they raced lites together. That means nothing when they move up. He raced Freestone last yr and got smoked
why does it mean nothing?! put him on a bike he's happy with and he will be at the front on either side of the pond

i bet dungey and canard have alot more respect for the talent of christophe pourcel than any of the xenophobic idiots on here!
ehr400
7/28/2012 2:03pm
The same guy RD and RV beat by a minute in France at the MXDN? I like CP but he is another field filler here when everyone is back in the game.
CocaineCrazy
7/28/2012 2:06pm
ehr400 wrote:
The same guy RD and RV beat by a minute in France at the MXDN? I like CP but he is another field filler here when...
The same guy RD and RV beat by a minute in France at the MXDN? I like CP but he is another field filler here when everyone is back in the game.

The Tire fell off his bike buddyCool
7/28/2012 2:11pm
ehr400 wrote:
The same guy RD and RV beat by a minute in France at the MXDN? I like CP but he is another field filler here when...
[img]http://www.mcsfa.org/images/fishing.jpg[/img] The Tire fell off his bike buddyB)

haha exactly! pourcel was right on pace with rv and dungey that moto (would have won it in my opinion if his tyre didnt come off)

please dont let this turn into another euro hate thread!

i'd love to see christophe back racing in the usa on a factory/ pro circuit supported kx450

how do you guys think he would get on in the 450 class in america on a good kawasaki team?
7/28/2012 2:12pm
ehr400 wrote:
field filler?! Woohoo

brilliant
burnside
7/28/2012 2:16pm
ehr400 wrote:
[img]http://www.mcsfa.org/images/fishing.jpg[/img] The Tire fell off his bike buddyB)

Yeah, rubbish bait.
DrSweden
7/28/2012 2:20pm
Maybe we can get over this my dad is stronger faze at some point. I acknowledge both series, feels pretty good actually, I like motocross. Wink

I feel CP was a title contender a few years ago, now he's more of a top three that isn't willing, or not able (?) to put that extra necessary to win another championship, either side of the pond. But, having him racing, and win some races, or at least do battle with some outline passing and amazing finesse is something worth celebrating.

Whatever he lands, as long as I can see him ride.Cool
7/28/2012 2:22pm
DrSweden wrote:
Maybe we can get over this my dad is stronger faze at some point. I acknowledge both series, feels pretty good actually, I like motocross. ;)...
Maybe we can get over this my dad is stronger faze at some point. I acknowledge both series, feels pretty good actually, I like motocross. Wink

I feel CP was a title contender a few years ago, now he's more of a top three that isn't willing, or not able (?) to put that extra necessary to win another championship, either side of the pond. But, having him racing, and win some races, or at least do battle with some outline passing and amazing finesse is something worth celebrating.

Whatever he lands, as long as I can see him ride.Cool
i love to watch him ride a dirtbike- he has the best riding style/ technique in the sport in my opinion. Makes it look far too easy
FroDiddy
7/28/2012 2:25pm
How much money does Suzuki have now? Isn't Metty a FA?
burnside
7/28/2012 2:28pm
That win ratio is interesting, I'm not sure that it proves anything, because between now and then he's had a serious shoulder injury, switched teams, switched championships, had a load of drama and is mid way through his first FULL 450 season...

But he did seem much more competitive in the States. I seem to remember the Crafty Frenchman having more fight in him. He (and Desalle) had a great second chance when AC had his double DNFs that he didn't seize and we've repeatedly seen him go backwards in the GPs this year. Not so sure the 2012 Pourcel would be beating Dungey if he was Stateside this season.

As a fan I'd love to see him go Stateside again though. Was fun watching him ruffle feathers.
TDeath21
7/28/2012 2:31pm
M-M wrote:
From a crappy MCR bike to Kawasaki. And he didn't go straight into winning races. He had to take time off to get back into shape...

You're right. The bike had absolutely everything to do with his performance in the US and it caused him to be over a minute behind. It had nothing to do with the move up to the 450 and the stiffer competition in the US at all.
PastranaWho
7/28/2012 2:34pm
M-M wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
You're right. The bike had absolutely everything to do with his performance in the US and it caused him to be over a minute behind. It...
You're right. The bike had absolutely everything to do with his performance in the US and it caused him to be over a minute behind. It had nothing to do with the move up to the 450 and the stiffer competition in the US at all.
If your uncomfortable on the bike especially at that level, it has everything to do with your perfomance or lack of. Just ask stewie.
DrSweden
7/28/2012 2:38pm
i love to watch him ride a dirtbike- he has the best riding style/ technique in the sport in my opinion. Makes it look far too...
i love to watch him ride a dirtbike- he has the best riding style/ technique in the sport in my opinion. Makes it look far too easy
Agree, should be enough. Those obsessed or sidelined with issues related to his persona can't really be true fans of the sport.

Post a reply to: Christope Pourcel to America confirmed?

The Latest