Christian Craig to ride HRC Honda's CRF450R for 2017 Outdoor Motocross Series

4/4/2017 4:01pm
Matthes wrote:
Didn't I tell you this when you came over?
ML512 wrote:
Nope, left me in the dark bro...
He was too busy ordering pizza and taking a nap. Didn't really matter
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/4/2017 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 4:23pm
How many of those 60 starts were out of a van, on the same bike he practiced on all week, with his gf (at the time)...
How many of those 60 starts were out of a van, on the same bike he practiced on all week, with his gf (at the time) wrenching? I bet many of those finishes were top 15 as well.

I'd be curious to see the top 5 and top 15 finish comparisons.

I certainly agree that they are probably fairly equal on paper if you are HRC. I feel if you are going to pick a guy with a ride already, then maybe his ride should get filled. This basically equates to one less factory bike on the track this summer.
31 of those starts were before he received his first HRC fill-in gig and since then he's either been on a full HRC bike or with a supported one (speaking strictly of outdoors).

His seven starts in 2013 were with the Dirt Candys team aboard a Suzuki.

His results prior to then were a mix of privateer Honda and MX Heaven Honda (basically privateer as well).

All of Freddy's top ten overalls have been on HRC or HRC-supported bikes.

Once again, I really like Freddy, I'm just answering the questions and posting statistics.
Old-Man
4/4/2017 4:23pm
Good for him, dude has talent!
Some of you may remember this from Lakewood

Old-Man
4/4/2017 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 4:29pm
philG wrote:
good chance for him, nobody else i would put on it .
BroFoSho wrote:
Alessi would do well on a Factory Honda

The Shop

DTHA70
4/4/2017 4:59pm
Lastander wrote:
Sx and outdoors is not even close, he spent his whole life riding outdoors and what, the last 3-4 years he did a half-ass attempt of...
Sx and outdoors is not even close, he spent his whole life riding outdoors and what, the last 3-4 years he did a half-ass attempt of sx, where he made 450 main events, on a privateer 250f? Who are you fooling? Freddy would be a 4-10th place finisher every week if he could stay out of injury on that factory bike, doubt Craig will break top 8 all season.
No, i would like to see Freddy on a stock 450 beat these half-ass factory riders, and im sure i will.
we get it, you're Swedish

freddy is not nor has he ever been as fast as CC

EVER

WELCOME TO REALITY
tcallahan707
4/4/2017 6:08pm
How many of those 60 starts were out of a van, on the same bike he practiced on all week, with his gf (at the time)...
How many of those 60 starts were out of a van, on the same bike he practiced on all week, with his gf (at the time) wrenching? I bet many of those finishes were top 15 as well.

I'd be curious to see the top 5 and top 15 finish comparisons.

I certainly agree that they are probably fairly equal on paper if you are HRC. I feel if you are going to pick a guy with a ride already, then maybe his ride should get filled. This basically equates to one less factory bike on the track this summer.
ML512 wrote:
31 of those starts were before he received his first HRC fill-in gig and since then he's either been on a full HRC bike or with...
31 of those starts were before he received his first HRC fill-in gig and since then he's either been on a full HRC bike or with a supported one (speaking strictly of outdoors).

His seven starts in 2013 were with the Dirt Candys team aboard a Suzuki.

His results prior to then were a mix of privateer Honda and MX Heaven Honda (basically privateer as well).

All of Freddy's top ten overalls have been on HRC or HRC-supported bikes.

Once again, I really like Freddy, I'm just answering the questions and posting statistics.
I appreciate the update on stats. Statistics can be misleading depending on how they are presented. I feel that given his clear improvement in results when he is on a factory bike, it's only fair to compare apples to apples with Craig.

I'm not sure if it was included but he raced 4(?) on a KTM in 2014 before getting on with Honda as well.

Thanks for digging in more. I think a case could be made for either rider for sure. I'm just glad someone is on the bike and it's not sitting there all summer long.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/4/2017 6:11pm
I appreciate the update on stats. Statistics can be misleading depending on how they are presented. I feel that given his clear improvement in results when...
I appreciate the update on stats. Statistics can be misleading depending on how they are presented. I feel that given his clear improvement in results when he is on a factory bike, it's only fair to compare apples to apples with Craig.

I'm not sure if it was included but he raced 4(?) on a KTM in 2014 before getting on with Honda as well.

Thanks for digging in more. I think a case could be made for either rider for sure. I'm just glad someone is on the bike and it's not sitting there all summer long.
The 60 starts included the ones on the KTM.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/4/2017 6:19pm
I appreciate the update on stats. Statistics can be misleading depending on how they are presented. I feel that given his clear improvement in results when...

One other comparison is bike wise. Christian's 450 results included his first three pro races aboard a JGR Yamaha YZ450F at the end of 09, then sitting out all of 2010 when he broke his back and wasn't expected to race again.

From there, the 450 results I quoted for Craig were aboard a TLD 450 (Pro Circuit A-kits with Matt Jory engines, etc..) and then a few results on a 450 Honda he purchased with production tuned suspension, exhaust, and a couple other parts (no engine work).

On the production 450 in 2014, he was working full-time and did four nationals aboard it. His overall finishes were 14th, 14th, 12th, and 10th...

On an interesting note, Noren and Craig raced each other during those four races in 14. Freddy aboard a factory HRC bike beat Craig on his production bike 6 out of 8 motos. So Freddy outscored Craig in 6 motos and Craig outscored Freddy in 2 motos.

MN25
4/4/2017 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 6:30pm
I am happy for Craig! All though this year has been a struggle compared to last year, I'm sure that he can put in some solid results!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/4/2017 6:30pm

Another statistic: Christian Craig and Freddy Noren have raced each other in 34 different 450 MX motos. These were between 2011-12 and a few races in 14.

Of course, for many of these races Freddy was a privateer and only a few Christian was a privateer.

Below is how many times each outscored each other.

CC: 23 times better position.
FN: 11 times better position.
Mini Elsinore
4/4/2017 6:38pm
Will HRC allow the wife and kid to hang in the rig?
Not being an a-hole here----okay, maybe I am. EvilLaughing
DonM
4/4/2017 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 6:39pm
Lastander wrote:
Who the fuck signs that asshole over fast Freddy? Norén would and will smoke his ass outdoors
Man those colors don't run!!!! Sweden!!
tcallahan707
4/4/2017 6:40pm

ML512 wrote:
Another statistic: Christian Craig and Freddy Noren have raced each other in 34 different 450 MX motos. These were between 2011-12 and a few races in...
Another statistic: Christian Craig and Freddy Noren have raced each other in 34 different 450 MX motos. These were between 2011-12 and a few races in 14.

Of course, for many of these races Freddy was a privateer and only a few Christian was a privateer.

Below is how many times each outscored each other.

CC: 23 times better position.
FN: 11 times better position.
I'm impressed by your stat gathering abilities! All in all, don't think they can go wrong with either.
motosurf
4/4/2017 6:45pm
Everyone saying freddy should've gotten this ride, PM your weed dealer ASAP
mingham97
4/4/2017 7:09pm
It's HRC, not Team Make-a-Wish HRC. CC is a better candidate for the team than FN end of story
mingham97
4/4/2017 7:10pm
Maybe they should give the ride to pawpaw, he's a nice guy too!!!
4/13/2017 12:50pm
I saw this video today about Christian and I thought it was pretty cool. I think he deserves a try outdoors!

Post a reply to: Christian Craig to ride HRC Honda's CRF450R for 2017 Outdoor Motocross Series

The Latest