Chris Plouffe?

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 9:07pm
Just saw something scroll by on FB that he had a bad crash during Atlanta qualifying. Mentioned T-10 injury. Anyone know how he's doing?
|
Dx3moto
2/23/2015 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 5:05pm
He is scheduled to have surgery on a broken T-10 sometime early this week, not sure if that surgery has happened yet.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/23/2015 5:48pm
He's in Surgery right now. Broken collarbone and burst fracture of his T-10 vertebrae. Should fully recover, but he's done pursuing the SX/ MX dream. He will have to stay in Atlanta to recover enough, before flying home to start his long term recovery process. He broke the vertebrae into 3 peices, one of which hit the spinal chord and caused him to lose feeling in his lower extremity for 30 seconds, while laying on the track. He is at a great hospital and is in good hands, please keep him in your thoughts for a full recovery. I have known Chris most of his life and his family is very close with mine, this is the real deal update.
HuskyEd
2/23/2015 5:54pm
langhammx wrote:
He's in Surgery right now. Broken collarbone and burst fracture of his T-10 vertebrae. Should fully recover, but he's done pursuing the SX/ MX dream. He...
He's in Surgery right now. Broken collarbone and burst fracture of his T-10 vertebrae. Should fully recover, but he's done pursuing the SX/ MX dream. He will have to stay in Atlanta to recover enough, before flying home to start his long term recovery process. He broke the vertebrae into 3 peices, one of which hit the spinal chord and caused him to lose feeling in his lower extremity for 30 seconds, while laying on the track. He is at a great hospital and is in good hands, please keep him in your thoughts for a full recovery. I have known Chris most of his life and his family is very close with mine, this is the real deal update.
Thanks so much for the update. Glad to hear that he'll have a full recovery. I've been wondering about his condition since they red flagged practice. Keep us posted please on how things are going. I was really hoping for good things from Chris being a local guy and all.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/23/2015 5:58pm
langhammx wrote:
He's in Surgery right now. Broken collarbone and burst fracture of his T-10 vertebrae. Should fully recover, but he's done pursuing the SX/ MX dream. He...
HuskyEd wrote:
Thanks so much for the update. Glad to hear that he'll have a full recovery. I've been wondering about his condition since they red flagged practice...
Thanks so much for the update. Glad to hear that he'll have a full recovery. I've been wondering about his condition since they red flagged practice. Keep us posted please on how things are going. I was really hoping for good things from Chris being a local guy and all.
Will do.

It's a really tough way to make a living. He's a multiple time Lorrettas champion, great kid and very talented. Unfortunately it just didn't work out for him. He will have a bright future doing something else for a living, hopefully he will be able to eventually ride a dirt bike for fun.

The Shop

RbR
2/23/2015 6:00pm
langhammx wrote:
Wow ... thank you for the update. I hope Chris makes a full recovery and works out a great plan for life after racing.
Jeff alessi
2/23/2015 6:18pm
That really sucks to hear, Chris has always been a great rider and always watched his results. Hope you heal up fast bro! i remember when I was 13 and broke my back at us open on an 85 the plouffe family raised 1600 bucks from friends of ours so when I got out of the hospital I could buy stuff to keep the kid I was busy during my recovery. They are great people.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/23/2015 6:53pm
That really sucks to hear, Chris has always been a great rider and always watched his results. Hope you heal up fast bro! i remember when...
That really sucks to hear, Chris has always been a great rider and always watched his results. Hope you heal up fast bro! i remember when I was 13 and broke my back at us open on an 85 the plouffe family raised 1600 bucks from friends of ours so when I got out of the hospital I could buy stuff to keep the kid I was busy during my recovery. They are great people.
Jeff,
Chris just got out of surgery. I just talked to Roger and although he's in a LOT of pain right now, the surgery was a success.
Dx3moto
2/23/2015 8:03pm
The Plouffe family are good people, always enjoy seeing Chris do well and hate to see him get injured. He'll be back, he's a tough dude! Cool
DL
2/23/2015 9:07pm
Good news. Thanks for the update!

Post a reply to: Chris Plouffe?

The Latest